Other Lips:
Revlon
Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades

Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades

Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red

This lipstick is one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. I bought this lipstick about a year ago in the shade "Really Red" and what I like about the color is that it is such a true red. It doesn't have an oragish or pinkish undertone which makes this red a very retro vintage looking red. I personally love the pin-up look and I believe that this shade is perfect for that look. I have fair to medium skin tone and because of this, reds that go with my skin is very hard to find. I find that they are either too pink or too orange and not red enough. This lipstick looks great with my skintone though.

Another thing I love about this lipstick is that it is matte. I'm not a gloss kinda girl and many lipsticks have a wet look to it, but this one doesn't. This lipstick is very dry, but does not dry out my lips unless I have been wearing it for hours, but I give it credit for staying on that long without fading or feathering. I would definitly recommend this lipstick in this shade or any other to anyone and everyone. It stays on long, the color is beautiful, and it is very inexpensive. I'd much rather buy two or three of these for the same price as a high end brand lipstick. It does the job and does it beautifully too.

EWWW to Revlon Matte Lipstick - Nude Attitude

I definitely was not a fan of the Nude Attitude shade. Not only did the lipstick wash me out like crazy...but the lipstick was also crazy drying!! The one thing I did notice about the Revlon Matte Lipstick line is that the paler the lipstick is, the more drying it is when you put the product on your lips (totally BOO I know!!). Like I stated before...Nude Attitude is unbelieving drying....if you don't exfoliate your lips or apply lip balm before putting the Nude Attitude one....well, let's just say you'll be in for a doozy. Be prepared for nasty flaky, creased, drying lips (talk about blah >.<)! On the contrary, If you are one of the smart girls who does exfoliate and applies lip balm, then you'll won't have any problems with these lipsticks. Apply a complimentary gloss on top of the lipstick and you're good to go!

One thing I do love about these lipsticks is the pigmentation. The shade I love so far and is my absolute favorite for this line is Mauve it Over because it gives me a it just highlights and complements the color of my lips and it's a great everyday lipstick paired with eyeliner. Mauve it Over is definitely a lot more moisturizing compared to Nude Attitude or Pink Pout (which i believe are the palest shade in the line...and like i stated before, the paler the shade the drier it is).

If you do want a nude lipstick go for the Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Softnude...you'll get a lot of moisture with that lipstick AND it wont wash you out (at least it didnt for me). It my favorite nude lipstick!!

Lustrous Revlon Lippy

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

Revlon matte lipstick is a wonderful lipstick that gives you the perfect amount of pigment comparable to high end products without the hefty price. What initially attracted me to the product was the price. However, once it was used longer the more I enjoyed using it. It is highly comparable to the mac lipsticks, not only in its packaging but also due to its wonderful color. The pigment from it was most surprising in that the lipstick can have a sheer wash of color but it is very buildable. But what I do not like is how dry it can be. It is a matte lipstick and it will be expected that your lips will be a little dry. However, other comparable lipsticks can be more dry. After three hours of wear some flaking appeared on the lips. But I was surprised by this lipstick because despite being a little dry and eventual flaking of the lipstick which required an immediate reapplication it was still a little moisturizing. Overall this is an okay lipstick if you are on a budget.

Nice for an inexpensive lipstick

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

As far as drug store lipsticks go, I think this is one of the better options. It is definitely matte, no gloss or shimmer, and I have had difficulty finding other drug store lipsticks that are so matte without being very drying. I suppose my satisfaction with this lipstick varies by shade, I bought one nude one that was so extremely pale it just made me look sickly and made my lips look dry, but the more "colorful" shades look very nice. They definitely don't have the staying power of something more high-end like a MAC matte lipstick, so be prepared to reapply throughout the day. All in all though, I would recommend trying this if you are on a budget and like a matte finish to your lipsticks.

Love in a Lipstick Tube

from Covina, CA

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

I'm a lipstick junkie, I usually have about 11 tubes on me and that's just on a regular day! I've tried high end and low end and I have to say Revlon Matte lipsticks take the cake! The formula is creamy enough to glide on the lips with ease, but dry enough to hold onto your lips and stay in place all day, it's not a satin like most "matte" lipsticks, it's a true no gloss, no shine, no glitter finish, perfect matte. The shade range is amazing from peachy nudes to bright blue based reds and everything in between. It could also double as a beautiful matte cream blush. Revlon Matte lipsticks are a knock out in every aspect they are comfortable to wear, frangrance free and at a great price point definitely a must have in any lip product lovers collection

Not perfect but better than most.

from Claremont, CA

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

The main reason I buy this product is for the shades and the matte effect. I have all the shades, and use them for different occassions. The #3 color (light pink/peach) I use everyday. The dark wine color I use for evenings. The #1 (nude) I use if I'm putting on heavy eye makeup. It looks very classy - I've never been a fan of shiny or glossy lips, I think the subtle matte look is much more elegant.

My complaint is that it doesnt last long at all. It rubs off in several hours, so you'll have to use a lip primer to keep it on throughout the day.

Revlon coffee bean is the best!

from Elkhart, IN

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

I have been wearing Revlon's coffee bean shade for years. I LOVE it! I love the feel of the lipstick - not an unpleasant odor/taste, and love that it's matte. I am a redhead, and the coffee bean color fits perfectly with my coloring.

A year or two ago, my kids and husband got me several other shades to try (my husband is always one to try new things - I prefer sticking with what I know and like!). Anyway, they were all Revlon matte lipsticks - he found a buy one get one free deal! I still enjoy the feel of all of them, but nothing compares to my coffee bean! Some are close, but a little too pink and sharp for me. Coffee bean is the perfect match.

Revlon lipsticks are long lasting - I wear it all the time and don't have to apply very often. I definitely would recommend!

kool!!

from Irving, TX

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

Revlon as the name lingers into my mind,it reminds me a wide range of cosmetic products,the lovely beauty products,specially i like the revlon lipstick alott more than all of its products,unlike other brands it has good taste of colors matching everyone's taste,even the lipstick chop is really smooth and has a good escence,it lasts for a very long time and does not make your lips chapped, and make them harm,or change your natural color of lips,the lipstick when applied morning lasts for the whole day and even the color of the lipstick does not change.

besides it has a very fair price ,everyone can have one in their handbag,it makes your lips sizzle brightly and make it look really cool.the color offered by revlon are different from other brands and matches to many skin types,it doent have harmful chemicals which other brands have in them,it is completely harmless,i believe it is a very good lipstick offered by revlon.

This lipstick is drying.

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

I've heard many people talking about the Nude attitude shade lipstick from Revlon so I decided to buy it. I didn't want a lipstick that will draw so much attention to my lip but I do want to have some color to brighten up my face. My natural lip color is very pigmented and it's somewhat big so that's why I wanted a nude lipstick. Anyways, this lipstick does make me look very washed out if I just used this lipstick alone. I'd have to pair it with some lip balm underneath because this lipstick tends to dry out and will settle into my fine lines. I would use this with a lip gloss so I wouldn't look completely dead. I'm not very impressed with this lipstick but it is somewhat long lasting. I wish this was moisturizing enough for me to reach for it on a frequent basis but I'd have to use this when I have a lot of time on my hands. I'm not the type to use layers of lip products. But this lipstick is really cheap so its not bad for the price.

Almost Nude Attitude

from Nutley, NJ

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

This review is for color 001 Nude Attitude.

The definition of nude will differ between people due to skin tone, texture and aesthetic. Personally, an ideal nude is close to my natural skin coloration without washing me out. I prefer a lightly glowing, barely shimmering face with a demi-matte, satin finished lip when going for a nude look. Overall, I think a true nude would naturally enhance your features in a is-she-or-isn't-she-wearing-makeup kind of way.

Revlon Matte Lipstick in 001 Nude Attitude is NOT my perfect nude. It is definitely a paler, nudish color. However, it looks peachier than what I would expect a nude to look. Due to its light color, the touch of peach or apricot keeps the lipstick from looking corpse-like. The formula itself is actually not that matte, as far as matte lipsticks can apply. The finish is ever so slightly satin with a tendency to highlight any lip issues. Be sure to thoroughly exfoliate and moisturize prior to application.

While this color has attitude, look elsewhere for nude.

Bad Packaging & Bad Quality

from Ridgefield, CT

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

I really don't like this Revlon matte lipstick, which is highly disappointing because I had heard so many great reviews about it and had very high expectations. The color I got is Pink Pout (#002), which is very popular. The color is a light purpley-pink/mauvey color that is kind of bright, but is really toned down by its matte finish. Many say that this is a dupe for Mac's Snob lipstick, which I have to agree - they are very similar. However, I think Snob is about ten times better quality-wise. It is more expensive than the Revlon one but I'm willing to pay a bit more if the quality is better. Snob is a satin finish, whereas Pink Pout is a matte finish. I don't really mind matte lipsticks but this one is pretty drying on me. Since Snob is a satin finish, it doesn't really dry my lips. But my biggest complaint about this lipsticks is that my entire lipstick fell out of its tube. The lipstick was loose in the tube when I first bought it. Also, I feel like the packaging is kind of cheap. All in all, not my favorite lipstick.

Revlon Matte Lipstick - mate to stay

from Westmont, IL

Comments about Revlon Matte Lipstick - All Shades:

The Revlon Matte Lipstick is one good lipstick. It comes in so many shades from nude to the reddest berry. Sometimes I put a darker lipstick as the base first and then put a lighter one on top and get the perect shade,( not that Revlon wouldn't have it, but I do not have to buy it. ) and get the best shade to match my outfit. I really do like this mix and match capabality.

Revlon Matte Lipstick has beautiful, rich colors that last for many hours, and almost glide effortlessly as you apply it.. They give a very nice and silky feel and look. It make you look nice whether you are going out someplace special, or to work or just for a parent teacher conference.

Revlon Matte Liptsticks are also reasonably and competively priced. It is definately a good value for your money. Not only does it give your lips the moisturizer that they need, especially during winter, but it "dresses" your entire face up.