Other Hair Colorings:

Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit

Pros

Cons

Only one I can use

I absolutely love this product. I am allergic to hair dye so every other one i tried made my whole scalp break out. Because this one comes with a plastic "helmet" as i like to call it, my scalp is protected from the dye. Me and my sister have made it a ritual 4 times a year to do this together and every time we are both very happy with the results. My hair is dirty blond and hers is light brown but the blond highlights look great on both of us. The longer you leave it in the lighter it gets, so typically i leave mine in longer than she does. The directions are very clear and everything you can possibly need is inside the package, they even give you shampoo and conditioner for once you are done highlighting. Usually hair dye smells horrible but this one isn't too bad. The only negative to this (which is more of a positive for me) is that it is time consuming to pull your hair through the highlighting helmet and when your hair is long it can be quite painful. Unfortunately for me I don't have any other choice or I will be in a whole lot of pain from the allergy.

Worked and looked great

Pulling your hair through the helmet is tough when your hair is long

Leave it to the professionals

I bought this thinking I could save some money on my highlights by not going to the salon, but I learned that this is not something that should be tried at home. It is terrible to learn this the hard way. Now I have a feeling I will be paying double what I usually paid to get my hair touched up. On top of that, my hair feels dry and brittle... not healthy and shiny like the lady on the box, or anything like how it felt before putting this terrible product on it. I could cry. The color is orange-ish and yellow... not blonde at all. Pulling it through the cap HURTS (I have never had this done to me at the salon.) I also had leopard spots closer to my scalp, and where the product made it through the cap, it burned. I called the number for "help," and told them how terrible it turned out, and they told me that I should probably go to a salon. That's what I was trying to avoid! So now I have terrible looking hair and will have to pay a FORTUNE to get it to look normal now. Thanks Revlon. So "beautifying."

It was effective at ruining my hair.

Painful!

"Heck of A Highlighting Kit For the Price"

from WATERSMEET, MI., 49969

About Me Beauty Conscious

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Natural Look

Cons

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I have been coloring my own hair for over 40 years. My best friend is a beautician and a teacher. She cuts my hair and tells to go home and color it since I do such a good job. We have had the occasional green ting which she fixes. I use a regular Revlon to color for a base and to color the gray. Then I use this highlighting kit to add COLOR AND HIGHLIGHTS! I am able to do it all by myself. But check the box to make sure the cap is there because I have purchased this kit and the cap and hair needle was missing from the box.

• Commitment To Color:
      • Permanent

Only one I can use

Worked and looked great

Pulling your hair through the helmet is tough when your hair is long

One of my favorites

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

This product is great and I have been using it for years. I love the cap style and it makes it very easy to do your own hair and get an even look. It is easy to determine the effect that you want with the tool that is included. If you want a thicker highlight, the tool will provide that. I think this product is great and it doesn't dry my hair out and my hair always comes out looking great for minimal costs. I would highly recommend this product!

This product gives me the look that I am looking for. It gives me a even highlight and my color stays vibrant until I need to highlight again. I also use Revlon shampoo products to keep my color looking good.

Ease of Application
      It takes getting used too, and learning how to use the tool to get the look you want, but after you get the hang of that, it is very easy to use. I am pro now, and can get my hair pulled through the cap in 15 minutes. I love the basic cap highlight, I think it my my highlights look very natural.

• Ease of Application:

Works great even on dark hair

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I have used a ton of different hair color brands and this one is the one I use the most to highlight my hair. It works great on light and dark hair. I've used it when my hair was very dark and it doesn't leave that nasty rusty orange look. It actually gives you the results you're looking for. And it's only a fraction of the price most kits are, or getting it done professionally.

Works wonderful on all hair types and colors. It actually lightens your hair rather fast compared to most other brands. It doesn't leave your hair orange. It makes it look like professional highlights.

Ease of Application
      Very easy to use. It comes with a couple different ways to apply it depending on your preference, which is nice. So if you missed a spot with the cap or want a strand a little lighter you can use the finger applicator. Even if you're looking to just do a little touching up, this is very easy to do however you want to use it.

• Ease of Application:

Turned my hair a bright yellow

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I know a lot about coloring hair and about highlights. I thought i'd try this Revlon frost and glow highlighting kit because it was cheaper then buying all seperate products from a beauty supply store. The kit comes with a cap with tiny holes in it and a hook so you can pull the hair out of the hole. I did that for my whole head thinking it would be a pretty blonde like the girl on the box. I was wrong it came out horrible it ended up turning a bright brassy yellow color which was horrible. It was so ugly and I was very unhappy with the results. The box shows you the blonde its supposed to turn and it doesn't turn that color at all. Remember what it shows on the box is virgin hair so if you have dyed hair its going to be a totally completely different shade of blonde then what you see on the box. When you do highlights like that you need a toner to tone out and take the brassy yellow tones out to make it the blonde you want, which is not included in this kit. So if you want your hair to look like a big mess then go right ahead. There's a reason why it sells so cheap at the store because you get what you pay for. Trust me I do hair for a living and I learned the hard way with these box colors and highlighting kits.

Easy DIY hair dyeing kit

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I have only dyed my own hair a few times in my life, each leaving me with unsatisfying results.... admittedly mostly due to my own inexperience. But after watching some hair dyeing/highlighting tips on youtube, I saw numerous people using this product, and after seeing how simple they all made it seem, I decided to try it out for myself.

One of the first things I noticed upon mixing up the products in the box was the lack of harsh chemical smell you get with most dyes. It wasn't only not bad, it was... a surprisingly pleasant scent. The blue mix was kind of cool as well.

On the downside, I didn't realize how difficult pulling your hair through the cap holes would be. But after some trial and error, and with the help of another person (you'll definitely want someone to help with the back of your head), I finally figured out the best technique for me and after not too much time, my hair was ready to be done. Now, I'm already blonde, but I bought the kit to give my hair a little more depth, and this really achieved what I was going for, without any drastic changes being made. I was really pleased with the natural looking results.

Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting kit

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I would rate this product a 10, although the highlighting cap is a pain to use, this product gives you salon quality highlights in the courtesy of your own home. I have natural dark brown hair, and these Revlon highlighting kits give me a natural result without looking to brassy. This kit lifts your hair very quickly, with an even result. If for some reason your hair turns brassy, it's nothing that a toner can't fix.

This product is very effective, like I've said I have natural dark brown hair. This product lifts my hair up to a medium carmel blonde color. It is very even toned, and looks amazing. I have got so many compliments after using this product that I would use it again!

Ease of Application
      The only downside of this product is the cap you have to use. Which takes the most time to do out of the whole process. Its really hard trying to pull the hair through the cap by yourself, especially on the back of your head. So I would suggest having someone help you with this process. The rest of the process is quick and easy. This product easily distributes throughout your hair, and does not seep through the cap.

Awesome

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I use the type for medium to dark brown hair. My hair color is dark brown but it is more like black when it comes to coloring as it is very hard to go blonde. I like a drastic change so I do not use the cap. I apply like regular hair dye. In 45 minutes my hair is blonde with dimensions as my roots never go completely blonde but what happens works. I have done this repeatedly since I was in my 20's and now I am 41. I would advise if you have never used this before to follow the allergy test. When opening the powder package do so carefully so you avoid breathing in dust. This product gives you everything you need: directions with gloves and plastic bag to put on after applying, cap with holes for highlighting, plastic stirrer with hook end for pulling hair through holes, mixing dish, powder package and creme developer. When hair is through holes carefully empty powder into mixing dish then add developer and mix together well. The mixture will be light bluish. DO NOT MIX IN ADVANCE!

• Ease of Application:

Cheap product that works amazing!

from SalemNY

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I started using these highlighting kits when I went from darker hair gradually the blonde shade it have now. It took a while, using this every 4-6 months but the end results were fantastic. The price is also very good for such a great product which is one reason why I repurchase these kits still today to brighten my hair once or twice a year. The application with the cap can be a little tricky and time consuming especially if you don't have someone to help with the bacl areas if highlight there. I measure the powder and liquid out and only use half and get two applications out of this because they give you a lot and if I mixed all of it, the leftovers would get tossed. These highlight kits never leave my hair brassy either which is a big worry for me. Sometimes my hair is bit drier but that is expected and the shampoo and conditioner thay comes with it leaves my hair tangle free and not so parched. I will continue to use this as long as they are not dicontinued.

Perfect blonde shade.

Ease of Application
      A bit difficult to pull hair through cap but otherwise very simple.

Frosting made easy.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit:

I have used this brand on my hair as well as my Mothers. Actually my Mother is who recommended Revlon Frost & Glow Blonde Highlighting Kit to me in the first place. She had me apply it to her hair one day and it was fairly easy to apply. I don't like the frosting cap. It's hard to get the hair through the holes in the cap. And this brand is only good if you don't want the blonde all the way to the root. It's hard to get to them because of the way the cap is made. The hair between the cap and the head doesn't get colored. But does it turn your hair blonde, yes. It is great for a quick and easy color at home in your mirror. It's really easy to apply and easy to wash out when it's done. I love that my highlights are always so blonde even though I have dark brown hair. I didn't have to do anything special except apply the product and then rinse it out and I had perfect blonde highlights. I got so many compliments.