4.1
Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades

Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades

4.1

Revlon Colorstay Lip color- WORKS GREAT, a little dry

I really love exploring the beauty department especially after I have found out how incredible savings can be made with coupons and store deals combined. That said, I found these Revlon colostay coolest lip color on sale in drugstore and got few colors. I usually stick with lighter brown shades and brownish peachy colors since I feel it matches almost all my outfit and my skin. I have always been shy to try new colors like mauve, pink etc. SO finally got few colors I wanted to try for while. The next day I tried them on and took the same in my purse. I have to say that really liked the way it felt on my lips and color was exactly what pictured in the top/bottom on the product. Revlon is a very well known brand for facial cosmetic, so it has kept it's dignity in this too. I'm not much of a glitter/super shiny lip lover. So applying the shine coat was too much for me though. I was eventually a only lip-gloss person, but now love to wear lipstick with s product. It could be better if doen't dry out soon. The color stayed well for me, but I won't say that they lasted forever. It's a good quality lipstick for the shine lovers and it's okay for the price. If I had to buy it with out coupon or sale, I will not put too much money it.

Not as good as I had hoped

I loved Revlon's older version of this lipstick and have to say that unfortunately newer does not always mean better. The tube is more traditional and is okay, but does not allow for quite the same maneuverability as a thinner tube would.

But my main disappointment is with the lipstick itself. The color options are good, but the formula just does not stay on nearly well enough for me. It stays on better than your typical non long-wearing lipstick, but not nearly as good as the better long wearing ones.

It seems that being soft and smooth does not easily equate to being long lasting. You would think from many drugstore brands these days that you need something to be almost painted on in order for it to last long, and that does not have to be the case. Revlon itself had proven that years ago, but unfortunately these companies always seem to be looking for the next best thing to the point of discontinuing products that the newer ones couldn't hold a candle to.

So to sum it up, this is a nice enough lipstick but I'm not sure it deserves to be called long lasting.

smooth

from Chelsea, OK

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

Thought this lipstick was a pretty good brand, trying to find one you don't have to apply every 5 minutes. This one does ok in that dept. Love the colors they come in also. I love all the pink colors they have

Not as good as I had hoped

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

Great idea in theory...not so great in practice

from Anderson, IN

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

I LOVE lipstick but, being a nurse, I don't have time to reapply all day. I like the concept of all day wear but when the topcoat or gloss wears off, this product feels very dry to me. I wish it stayed moist all day....it comes in great colors! I usually like Revlon products and they are innovative!

When applied properly it doesn't come off

from Germantown, TN

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

This is the best lip color product I have ever tried.  I put it on in the morning and only reapply once during the day if I eat and drink a lot.  Even when eating and drinking, most of the color stays in place, I'm just picky and want my lips to look moist so I reapply.  On the downside it does require make-up remover to remove, but unlike one of the other reviewers I don't find it necessary to remove the lip color until the end of the day.

the no fuss lip color

from Ocklawaha, FL

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

I wear very little makeup and only purchase products that have proven themselves.  This is by far my favorite lip color product.  The only downfall is that you must carry a makeup remover to reapply a fresh coat (well at least if you want it to look good) and you generally want to reapply it every 4-6 hours (otherwise it starts to get kinda cakey and clumpy on your lips).  All in all I love it because I am not constantly reapplying my lipstick or worrying about it rubbing off.

revlon colorstay soft smooth lipcolor rocks!

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

I first purchased revlon colorstay soft and smooth lipcolor a few years ago. I did not just purchase one color, i simply could not. They had such a nice assortment of available colors to choose from. I absolutely love reds, so i purchased a few reds and a natural color in case i wanted something more suptle. I was anticipating trying it on to see if the colors were as nice on as they looked in the cases. Not only were the colors nice but the texture of the lipstick was beyond what i have ever experienced with a lipcstick. It is super moisturising, not just slightly but extremeley creamy, it makes application super easy, and it makes my dry lips feel so soft. It is not a glossy moiturising kinda thing, it just is smooth and nicely soft lipstick. The color really is long stay and they have nice rich colors. After buying a few reds I just had to go back and purchase more colors to try. Again i was not dissapointed in the new colors, i simply love revlon.

Revlon lipstick ColorStay is outstanding

from Colton, CA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

This lipstick by Revlon is outstandingly the best! I love this lipstick. It is very inexpensive. There is a lot of variety of colors to satifsy any look. The best part is the actual lipstick is very moisturising and has a lot of color. It is not sheer and there are some very bold colors in this line. They are compact in size, and they come in a tube that has a clear top that you just snap off. It is a pretty sturdy container and top, so you do not have to worry about it breakin easoly and making a mess in your handbag. Which has happened to me with other lipsticks, the containers would break and the cap, and my lipstick would be everywhere and make a huge mess. And you know that it is hard to clean makeup off a handbag, specailly if it is a nice expensive  leather handbag. WIth that said, I feel comfortable carrying this lipsticks in my nice handbags, and I like a couple of the colors available. I do hope they come out with new colors to try out.

This Lipstick is sweet!

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

Can this revlon colorstay soft and smooth lipcolor even be called a lipstick? it is so buttery smooth like a nice, expensive lip balm, but it shows up on your lips like a lipstick with alot of color payoff and vibrant shades. So i guess it is a new modern version of a lipstick with moiturising lip balm conditioning. I absolutely love the shades available, there aree some very wearable reds, they are not too strong where you can only wear them on a date night, or whatever, but you can wear these to work without looking too, well like your wearing bright red lipstick! There are also some cool nice warm tone colors. I have been wanting a nice everyday lipstick, a light color, just to highlight my natural lip color and I found it in the revlon colorstay in the color rich raisin. I mean they seriously have so many nice colors to choose from, they are all wearable, for like all skin, and they are long lasting. I love this lipcolor.

REVLON COLORSTAY IS OUTSTANDING!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

I have tons and tons of lipsticks that I buy, use a couple times, and then I buy a new one so it just sits there. I was in the market to buy a new color for a first date and I wanted something amazing! I also had to keep in mind that I would be eating and drinking and possibly kissing so I wanted something that would stay put. Once I saw my Revlon colorstay color I knew I was going to buy it, even if it wasn't my date night lipstick I was going to buy it. It was inexpensive; I've spent a lot more so why not. I took it home and tried it out. It went on very smooth and silky. My lips felt hydrated. No sticky feelings. This was my date night lipstick. I did notice that if I applied the lipstick and did something like drink immediately after there was lipstick on the cup but when I checked myself you couldn't tell anything was missing. I found that if I applied the lipstick ten minutes before I planned on eating or drinking that nothing came off so I would recommend a "drying/setting" time even though this doesn't feel like that kind of lipstick. Still I loved it and even though I continue to buy lipstick I don't need I still wear this one at least once a week if not more.

The color does stay!

from Clarksville, IN

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipcolor - All Shades:

I am pleased with this product.  I am one who feel naked without my lipstick so it is really important to be to have color that last.  This lipstick is called color-stay for a reason, and that is that it really does last and last.  The color I picked out for myself in this formula is number 545 "Stay Ablaze" and I am very happy with this color on me.  The minerals and moisturizers in this lipstick helps it to keep a slightly shiny look for the duration and helps to keep my lips soft and in good condition.  The outdoor temperature right now is very cold and since I have been using this Revlon color-stay lipstick I have not had to use any chap-stick nor have I had any problem with chapped lips. In summing up, I feel that this lipstick not only holds it true color for longer than other products I have used but it also appears to be making my lips more healthy by retaining more moisture for longer than other products.  For the price, you can't do much better than this lipstick.