Other Lips:
Revlon
Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades

This lipstick stays on all day.

Many lipsticks claim to last all day, but few of them actually do.  Revlon ColorStay Overtime LipColor REALLY does last, and I don't mean it lasts while you work.  I mean it lasts through drinking your coffee, through eating your lunch, and so on.  I was amazed at the length of time it remained on my lips.

Now, although the color lasts, it doesn't stay glossy without touch up.  Revlon ColorStay Overtime LipColor comes in a long tube.  On one side of the tube is the lip color, which you will only have to apply once.  On the other side is a very glossy lip gloss that contains chamomile and soy extract for all-day glossy softness.  You will need to reapply the lip gloss several times to keep your lips looking soft and smooth.  Both of the products are applied with a lip brush and are very easy to apply, and they look great too.

Revlon ColorStay Overtime LipColor is available in twenty-eight shades, so it's a pretty sure bet that you will be able to find a color that is right for you.  There are beautiful pinks, burgundies, reds, browns and even lighter shades like peach and bronze.

It's important to point out that unless you reapply the gloss that comes with the lipstick, your lips will most likely dry out.  I wear this lipstick quite often, and I have noticed that my lips will dry out a lot if I don't keep them moisturized.  The color will remain all day long, and in fact, I have to rub it off at the end of the day.  But you will notice a considerable difference in the smoothness of your lips if you don't use the lipgloss.

If you've been looking for a lipstick that has color that will last, wont kiss off, smudge or feather, then Revlon ColorStay Overtime LipColor could be just what you've been looking for.

Nice color but very drying!

While most lip products from Revlon gets a passing grade, this one fails severely. I picked up a tube of Revlon ColorStay Overtime in the shade Nude. The shade was very pretty, neutral where I could wear it with any color or outfit.

Revlon uses a SoftFlex technology in this product that is supposed to give a 16 hours of color holding. They claim touch ups are not needed, even after eating or drinking. The top coat contains 99% moisture as per Revlon's advertising and contains soy extract and chamomile to moisturize and add to shine.

This is a two part lip color in which you first apply the color (on one end of tube), let it dry and then apply a coating of clear gloss which provides a nice shine over your color.

When I first applied Revlon ColorStay Overtime --both the color and the gloss, it feels fine. However, after an hour of wear the formula starts to dry out your lips. After two hours of wear you think your lips may start peeling.

The color does last for 3-4 hours, but I didn't see any evidence of it lasting for 16 hours as Revlon claims.

I do like the design and thought behind this product, but I find it too drying to my lips to use on a regular basis. I like for my lips to stay smooth, soft and moisturized. This product doesn't moisturize, it zaps the moisture and causes dry lips if used all day or consecutive days.

The applicator for the lip color is a sponge tipped design. It works well and applying the lip color was a breeze. The gloss applicator is like a stiff brush, but it works fine to add a top coating of gloss. I would rather see another sponge tipped applicator for the gloss as well.

My final words: Revlon--you failed us on this product! Take it back to the lab and correct the dryness issue!

Color really does stay!

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

I have been using this for a few months and overall I am very satisfied. The color lasts all day as promised without smudging. I am not one to reapply lipstick throughout the day so the ColorStay products are a must for me. The only thing I don't like is how it feels on your lips when applied, before the top gloss goes on. It is very dry and there is no way I could forget the gloss because wouldn't be able to stand the feeling. Another problem I found was if it gets on your teeth, you have to very quickly get it off before it has a chance to dry or you will be rubbing your teeth for 5 minutes to get it off. Of course that just shows how well the color will last. This was my first time buying this particular product and I will buy it again. It is one of the few lip products I have found that I can eat, drink and sleep with on and it still looks as fresh as right after I applied. it. Definitely a must have for me.

Can't say it enough, love love love it!

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

I absolutely absolutely love this lipstick. I tried the always sienna, and it is just awesome. This has been a fluke discover and now it is by far my most favorite lipstick. The only complaint that I have is, it is small and if you love it so much and use it regularly, you will use it up in a month. I wish it was a bigger size. This product has been the only one among all the famous brands that actually lasted even after eating lunch or dinner and drinking coffee. It basically last all day and night. The only way to get it all out is to use a makeup removing towellet. It has been a real outlast. I have tried other outlast lipsticks, but hated cover girl ones as they leave a line that shows.

Nice color but very drying!

from Greenwell Springs, LA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

Overtime REALLY WORKS OVERTIME!

from American Fork, UT

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

I bought this yesterday after seeing a review of it in a Beauty Mag. . .and am VERY impressed!  I was using L'Oreal Infallible (comes in a cute silver boxy case with 2 tubes, color and clear gloss) and was impressed but this is MUCH longer lasting!  I put it on at noon yesterday after I bought it in "Maximum Mauve", a pretty pink color and today at noon it is still there!  And by there, I don't just mean around the borders of your lips because it has mostly worn off, "THERE" like I didn't reapply it this morning because the color was still even and strong!  Just put more gloss on!  It really is a good 24 hour lip color, forget 12 hours!  I am going to buy another color today while they are still on sale at Albertson's!  The other reviewer is right in that you need to apply more gloss to keep your lips looking shiny but I don't really mind the matte look.

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor for life!

from Coeur D Alene, ID

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

I have been a huge fan of Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor for many years now. Do you remember when the "all day" lip color products first started to come out several years ago? That's how long I have used Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor. I have tried other similar products made by other cosmetics manufacturers, but I have not found any of them to be as effective as the Revlon product. I am a busy professional person who is often in the public eye. In my professional role, appearance counts. Since the right lip color does so much for my appearance, it's great to find a lip color product that I can put on once in the morning and totally forget about all day if I really want to. I always do a quick touch up after lunch, but I wouldn't have to if I didn't choose to. I find the range of colors in this product line to be pretty extensive, and I think there is something for everybody here.

Keeps on keeping on

from Blackwood, NJ

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

I can remember when Halle Berry first promoted this wonderful product. The commercial had me and I had to go out to the store to try it out. I must admit that the lipcolor really does stay on all day. I like the Faithful Fawn and Eternally Tan colors. They are so easy to apply and so easy to wear. They are light-weight and leave your lips wearing a smooth and even coat all day long. I have tried the reds, pinks, and dark brown and they are all wonderful colors, as well. You can usually find these products on sale at CVS. This is cool because many times thay are either buy one, get one free, or buy one and get the second for a discount. You acn usually find a coupon in the newspaper coupon section, as well.

Revlon colorstay lipcolor is a no no

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

I got into this product because I liked the idea of the product. A long lasting lipcolor. Now that sounded like a really great idea to me, I hate reapplying lipstick, and I felt if this product works, well that would take the hassle of reapplying lipcolor to my lips all day! since lipstick lasts just a few minutes to hours! Well I should have known there was a catch, actually an easy to spot catch. This lipcolor has two steps, the first step is the color, you apply it then wait for it to dry, then heres the catch, you set it with the second step, a sheer gloss that keeps your lips from overdrying, since the product is long lasting. Well this gloss, you have to keep reapplying during the day to keep your lips moisturised. What a drag! just like reapplying lipstick. Also the lipcolor container I received, no matter how I applied it, it was really dry! it cracked! it was a big mess! I do not know if i purchased an old bottle, but it was horribly dry.

Really lasts with beautiful color

from Mount Hood Parkdale, OR

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

This lipstick amazes me! It literally will look the same all day long. Often, when I'm taking my make-up off, it looks like I just applied it. It is a little difficult to get off, and some of the ingredients aren't very healthy, but if you really need to look good all day, this lipstick is it.

Lipcolor that lasts all day!

from Clinton, MS

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor is a fantasic lip product!  I bought a couple of different shades before we went on vacation to Disney World.  I wanted something I could put on the morning and not have to think about it for the rest of the day.  It goes on quickly and easily.  The color part lasts all day but the clear glossy part doesn't last very long.  So, then your lips may feel dry which doesn't bother me, but I can see how it could be annoying to others.  Then, if you put more of the gloss on over the color, it can get crumbly.  In spite of this, I still think it is a good product.  I like have color on my lips throughout the day.  Of course we took tons of pictures, and liked that I always had my lipstick on.

I like that it is liquid and therefore can't melt.  I live in Mississippi, so I like being able to have some lipstick in the car and not worry about it melting.

I recommend giving this product a try.

Half lipstick half gloss!

from Pittston, PA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor - All Shades:

This product kind of reminds me of half lip stick half gloss, which I like because I think lip sticks are too dramatic and wash out my face. There are many colors to choose from, but I like the more suble, neutral tones. I think they flatter everyone's complection. This product is not too expensive either.