View more foundation

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

2.8

Cons

Revlon Colorstay - The best mineral makeup out there!

**Revlon Colorstay Mineral Powder Makeup**This is by FAR the best foundation out there!  I'm 25 years old and have tried just about every kind of foundation out there.  I have combination skin, although its more on the oily side.  No matter what I tried, by the end of the day, my face always felt oily to the touch.  I could only imagine what that was doing to my pores.  I finally tried this, and its amazing!  It gives natural looking coverage, it covers my blemishes well, but feels like I'm wearing nothing.  At the end of the day, still no oily face!  My friend suggested I try the Loreal mineral foundation, and it was horrible!  My face felt like I had heavy makeup caked on, and I still had to follow it with a powder.  I also noticed more blemishes.  Since then, I've switched back to the Revlon Colorstay, and I recommend it to everyone.  The only drawback I would list is, the brush that they give you is small.  I keep a round, shallow dish with my makeup, and I just tap some of the powder out into that and use my favorite makeup brush (Mary Kay) with it.

Enhanced my wrinkles

What the label states...

What the label states...

Loose powder foundation that combines pure, lightweight minerals that are good for your skin and ColorStay® longwear technology that lasts for up to 16 hours. This medium coverage foundation provides a color that won't fade all day making your skin look both healthy and flawless, no matter how long your day is.

Makeup is oil-free, fragrance free and non-irritating. Provides medium coverage in 8 beautiful shades, with SPF 10 protection.

With all the mineral craze on the cosmetic scene and being a faithful user of the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, I thought this would be a great alternative for the summer.  Unfortunately all it did was emphasize the lines around my eyes.  It also dried my skin out and I applied moisturizer prior to putting it on.  Maybe I'm not made to wear mineral makeup...?

The powder is great, the brush is awful.

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

I purchased the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation along with the ColorStay Aqua mineral makeup at my local drug store. I LOVE mineral makeup and powders are necessary for my oily skin-type. I was skeptical right in the beginning, right when I saw the brush. I don't know what they were thinking with that thing! Just as I had suspected, when I started to apply the powder to my face, the brush did not allow for an even distribution! The makeup stayed EXACTLY where you initially put it and would not spread or move around your face. This means that I had spotty coverage, I used WAY MORE makeup than necessary, and it looked "cakey." So I washed it off immediately, it wasn't even suitable to wear out for one day. I tried again, giving the product the benefit of the doubt. This time, I used one of my own foundation brushes and found that the powder itself is actually quite good. It distributed nicely and covered well. It was a thicker coverage than most drug store powders, which I liked. It also stays on better, throughout the day. I would recommend this product to people looking for full coverage on a budget! Especially to people who don't want to touch up their makeup after their initial application. (Side note: The other product, ColorStay Aqua mineral makeup worked well. I think I liked it better for my personal skin type because my skin tends to get really dry. When it becomes oily, I'm more inclined to use the ColorStay Mineral Foundation)

Hated it!

from Costa Mesa, CA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

I already have a tough time with loose powders, but this one took the cake for me. I have combination, pale skin, just to give you a background.
I tend to apply my makeup in my car once I get to work. I cannot do that with this product. I use a big fluffy foundation brush to pick up the product, and it goes EVERWHERE. Literally. If I am wearing a black suit to work, or any dark suit, I have powder all over my clothes. Plus, the foundation applies super patchy and the color really didn't match my skin, unfortunately. I can handle bad application if the product is amazing, but it is definitely not.
The longevity was not great, and I felt like the product (what went on my face at least) came off within two hours. I don't have greasy, oily skin, and it could not stay on my face for the life of me!
I just could not get into this product. I wanted to, as I wanted to find a cheaper alternative to Bare Minerals, but it was just an awful product.

ColorStay Mineral Foundation - It stays where? With THAT brush?

from Conway, SC

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

Wow. How to sum this up? I usually try to give products the benefit of the doubt but I honestly have to say that I would not recommend this product to anyone. So where to begin? I guess with the Cons:

- The Brush! Think sandpaper rubbing on your face!

- The Brush...Again! Does not apply the powder evenly and the powder goes everywhere when extending the brush.

- The Brush...YES, again! It sheds! It literally leaves strands all over your face when trying to apply the powder.

- Cost. Expensive.

- The powder does not wear for 16 hours as stated on the packaging. More realistically, 4 to 6 hours, depending on what type of activity you are doing. And I have to say that I do not wear a lot of make-up and do not like having to re-apply every couple of hours.

- Only 0.35 Oz - not a lot considering how much you will loose when trying to apply the powder.

On to the Pros:

- Made in the USA!

- Easily accessible

- Variety of shades

- SPF 10 (although I would prefer something higher)

I am thankful that I found this at a drugstore on clearance and I had a coupon. I would have been even more disappointed had I spent more money on it. With all that said - pass on this foundation.

Clogs my pores

from Campbell, OH

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

With the mineral foundation craze going on, I was looking for something a little more afforable. When I came across the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation, I was in love. I loved the fact that it comes with its own brush and the brush is in the twist cap. The powder foundation comes from the bottom of the contanier through holes to make the powder more "fluffly" And revlon claims that the foundation has 16 hours of wear. The color mathced my skin wonderfully. BUT......when I put the foundation around my eyes, it makes my eyes look horrible. I have noticed that when I wear the makeup all day long, my skin breaks out with pimples a lot more. I determined this by elminating my makeup and facial lotions, the revlon foundation has been found tobe the coulprit. And the claim that the makeup lasts for 16 hours, is not what I have found to be true either. After about 5 hours, the makeup seems to sink into my skin and its just no longer visable. I really liked how the makeup looked in packaging and how its applied, but for the long-term afftect, I cant stand. I will not buy this product anymore.

WORST!!

from Abingdon, VA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

I have tried many mineral makeups, and I would have to say this is the complete worst of them all! It feels really cakey, and it does not cover very well at all. The colors are horrible, the medium is really light!

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation is the best!

from East Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

**Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation **is my favorite. It has a creamy texture that slides on smoothly and completely hides my blemishes! I just love the rosy color and smooth feeling it brings to my face when I use it.

Revlon has a great line of face products. I use the foundation as a base and layer it with a bit of blush. However, if I don’t have time I can even skip the blush as the foundation itself provides my face with a  rosy glow all day long.

**Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation **is great for sensitive skin. I get breakouts from other foundations but I  have never experiences that with Revlon. They use the purest of chemicals in their production of **Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation**. It is so gentle to your skin that you can use it almost everyday. Also, you will never go over your budget with Revlon as it is one of the highest quality and most economical products out there! This product is just the best!

beautiful natural makeup

from Texas

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

I recently ran out of my fav brand bare essentuals so i was in the store and saw this. read the label, bought it, I can say I was skeptical, that it wouldn't be a good makeup! So in the morning put it one, it was very easy to use, loved the brush. I like the way the brush is designed so that the bristles will not break easily, just twist the top and their is the brush. the coverage was light. my skin looked flawless. Its not as good as bare essentuals but it does the job when you don't have another alternative. I will definitely be buying this product in the future, even if it is just for back up!

terrible coverage and terrible brush

from Warsaw, IN

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

I was so excited to find this product on sale at my local Walgreens.  I also had a coupon that made it a fantastic deal.  I was in need of more foundation and I love mineral products because I feel natural products are healthier and better for my skin, so I decided to give the revlon mineral foundation a try.  I am so disappointed.  Not only does it not give me good coverage It seems like I have no foundation on only 30 minutes after applying it.  I am a busy mother of three and do not have time to reapply my makeup every thiry minutes.  I really need a product that keeps me looking fresh and covered all day long.  Also the brush that came with the foundation bottle is terrible.  Little bristles of it fall out on my face, neck and chest every time I use it making me look like I have black hairs sprouting which is just not okay.  i would never buy this product again no matter how great the value and would not recommend it to anyone.

Great makeup; great price

from Clinton, NY

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

I really like and enjoy Revlon  makeup.  They constantly amaze me with their innovative products and great prices.  I don't like to wear tons of makeup and I need something fast to look put together (I have two children so that does not allow for much time primping!).  This makeup does just that! It is fast to apply and it does a nice job with coverage.  It is not too messy since the applicator is inside the bottle. You turn it before you fully open the makeup up. I have had other mineral makeup that you have to shake and then open and it always falls all over my bathroom.  This is pretty good at keeping inside the container. I have combination skin.  So it is a little dry, a little oily, and I still suffer from mild acne.  This makeup does cover, though I still use a separate concealer, this still does a nice job of making the skin uniform.  Why pay so much more money for something when you can use this? It works so well

Colorstay Minerals, it sounded good...

from Harrisville, PA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:

I used to use Revlon colorstay liquid years ago and it wrecked havoc on my acne!!  Slowed healing time and ugh, what a mess.  So when I saw they were releasing a mineral foundation, i was ecstatic!!

Ran right out and bought it.

Unimpressed to say the least...  Talcy; pasty; doesn't last long; makes skin appear dry and shows flaws WORSE than without makeup (whhat?!?!) Reminds me of the old fashioned loose powder sold in the large containers with powder puff...  remember those?

The packaging is a whole 'nother issue...  The brush is STIFF and actually hurts my cheeks and sensitive areas, like around the eyes...Doesn't wick up the foundation like a good kabuki would and should...  The concept was right on with the twirly brush contraption....  but it didn't work out, in my opinion.

My skin type is: medium toned; semi-oily;  Acne prone; acne scars; blackhead prone; sensitive; etc...  There are much better (purer) minerals on the market that I'd recommend... Even OTC minerals... alot are better.