3.7
Revlon
Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff

Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff

3.7

Revlon ColorStay 12 Eye Shadow does its name justice!

I love this product. I love that it is an affordable drugstore alternative that really packs a punch.  I am a makeup artitst who loves to be able to offer my clients cheaper alternatives to the pricey brands without sacrificing quality. This product definatly has staying power and great pigmentation without looking over the top.  If you are looking for an amazing, high quality look at a fraction of the department store price Revlon ColorStay Eyeshadow is a must have!!

The revlon colorstay eye shadow is good but still possess flaws

The product is overall good. Since, Revlon makes eyeshadow now that goes well with different eye colors. They look good, are easy to put on, however, i was bothered by two things, and it seems that they both contradict each other in a way. First, it comes off easily (it always seems to happen when you dont want it to, especially on clothes or any other fabrics). Second, its also hard to get off. Even when i get in the shower and wash my face and try to scrub it off, i still get out of the shower, look in the mirror, and its still there. Then the only option there is to whip out a baby wipe and atttempt to scrub it off (they work very well at removing make up by the way). Dispite those two flaws that i have come into contact with, it is still a good product. It lasts for a while, unless someone loves to pile on the mascara. The colors that come with the package contrast and go great together (and with your eye clor). I recomend this product. Just have plenty of baby wipes and stay away from clothing.

Not my favorite shades, but the right idea!

from Signal Mountain, TN

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

There are just about as many pros as there are cons with this one. I'll start with the cons: the colors, aren't that great AT ALL. It took me about fifteen minutes to pick out the colors because I really wasn't too big of a fan of any of them. When I finally did decide I took it home to try it out and the brushes weren't good at all, so I'm really glad I had my own to use. However, as I said I tried it out and I was actually surprised at the color against my skin tone. It wasn't my favorite but it defintely had potential. I used all the colors that it had in it to try the whole gradual progression up my eyelid and the effect worked nicely. Also, It doesn't flake off like some of the cheap makeup does and it really just depends what you're doing during the day but usually it stays the entire time and you don't have to worry about reapplying. I'm not sure if I'd purchase this product again but it was a good bargain.

It's average,not the best

from Montgomery, AL

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

This eyeshadow quad is very average. They would be considered chalky, but they work well for doing neutral eye looks. I only used the two bottom shades because to me, the other two are basically useless. I do not think this quad would be good for fair/light toned people becasue i simply don't think it would show up on them. It would work best for darker/ olive or tan tones. The packaging is decent, very sleek and has not broken. You get a good amount of each shadow in this quad. The colors do not wear off and stay pretty well(with a primer of course). I think if you do not use a primer, your eyeshadow will definitely be faded by the end of the day. Also without a primer, the shades would not show up very well considering the colors are not vibrant anyway. If you are looking for matte neutral eyeshadows, this would be a pretty decent quad to try out, just consider the chalkiness of the shadows.

Great product, but the colors are very understated

from Pinellas Park, FL

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

Revlon Colorstay Twelve Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff is a great product.  My favorite thing about the product is that it really does last all day.  The eyeshadow wears very well and still looks fresh at the end of the day.  The colors are great if you are looking for a very understated look.  The colors are good for everyday casual wear when you don't want to look like you have make up on, or when you just want to look fresh faced like after a day out in the sun.  Personally, I have pretty fair skin, and I don't think that the colors were really bright enough.  Also, the colors were so light and similar that I wasn't able to create many variations to my look with the colors in the package. I perfer a more versatile shadow package that will work for both casual and dressy wear and both day and evening. I would imagine that if I had a much darker skin tone, these shades could really create a much more dramatic look.  Overall, its a good product for the cost.

Great for beginners

from Atlantic Beach, FL

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

Revlon eyeshadows are really decent for the price and these quads are great for young women who are learning to apply make up because it has all the matching colors put together and this particular quad is great because none of the colors are very dark so it would be hard to look too trashy if you were using this quad unless you were extremely pale. One thing I wish the manufacturers would realize is that we use much more of the frosty highlighter than we do other shades that cover a much smaller area, so over time I end up with several quads with one color missing because I use it up fast and feel bad to throw away the other shades so my drawer gets full of junk i don't really use. I know they say throw out all your cosmetics ever few months to avoid infections and stuff, but please, who really does that? It does not seem like it would cost them more to produce the quads with a bigger highlighter color and a smaller darker color pallete so I hope they will consider this.

I love Revlon Color Stay Eye Shadow!

from Conway, SC

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

I absolutely love Revlon Color Stay Eye Shadow! It seemed that my make-up was always wearing off around 1 or 2 in the after noon. I would stop long enough to take a quick look and touch-up my make up every day. Not that I have a lot of time to do this but I wear make up because I love make up. I wanted to look the same at that time as when I had gotten ready in the morning. I thought that this was just the way it was. Until spending the afternoon with my sister. I told her that I just needed to stop and touch up my make-up. But then I noticed that hers was just fine. I started looking at more and more women's to see how theirs was later in the afternoon. I don't know why, maybe I touch my face more than others but this was just getting frustrating. So I started looking for something that would help with this problem. When I found Revlon Color Stay I have to say that I was a little doubtful that it would be that much different from any other products. But I loved it! I have no more touch up times. I look the same (or nearly the same) when I am cooking dinner as when I put it on that morning. I won't wear any other eye shadow now. My favorite is 04 Sandstorm!

only looks good on really light skin

from Barrington, IL

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

This is a good quality product, it goes on smoothly, and stays on well.  However, I have olive-toned skin, and I thought "in the buff" colors would look good on me, but it just stood out too much from my skin tone.  I think it would only look good with really light skin with pink undertones.  But good quality, just avoid this color if you have darker skin.

I like this eyeshadow, it stays on all day.

from Garland, TX

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

I like this eyeshadow. It feels kinda creamy so it doesnt flake alot. It lasts all day for me, which is a plus since my job intails a lot of running around(which means sweating). I would re-but this product, in fact i plan to as soon as it gets low. so i hope they dont discontinue it.

Revlon ColorStay Eye Shadow is inexpensive and looks great!

from Johnstown, PA

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

I love using Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow. it is very inexpensive to buy and it stay where you put it even though a hot summer day. Its a great product to buy and you will definately get your moneys worth.

Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eye Shadow, a great purchase

from Houston, TX

Comments about Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow In the Buff:

The color in this product is gorgeous! I love using different shades in levels to create a dramatic, beautiful look. This product really does last 12 hours and never rubs off like other eye shadows I've used. I love how it came with 2 applicators, one for shading and the other for applying under the eye and mixing with eyeliner for a shimmery effect. This product does not cake, goes on smoothly and isn't dull or boring. I would definately try the different shades and look forward to trying them in the future. This truly is a great product and very cost effective. These are great summer colors and looks great with light lipglosses and lipsticks as well as with light shimmery blush to create that sunkissed look. The only con I have is on the diagram for applying levels. It can be used during the day for that beach side look or at night with extra mascara and liner to create a beautiful look as well.It had numbers but didn't clarify which number matched with each color, so I was left guessing but still managed to created a great look. Other than that, I am very pleased with this product and I have received many compliments on it.

Revlon ColorStay 12 Eye Shadow does its name justice!

from Atchison, KS