Other iPod Speakers:

Recharge Your iPod Shuffle On The Fly

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Retractable USB to 1/8-inch Headphone Input Apple iPod Shuffle Transfer Sync Cable - Color White:

Even though I am not a huge fan of Apple products I managed to end up with two different iPod Touch units as well as a Shuffle and tablet. One of the things that drives me crazy about the Apple products is that you need to use their connectors and sync cables to get the job done correctly. The aftermarket and third party products will work to charge them and to transfer music but if you want the fastest charging time you are going to have to spring for an official Apple replacement product.

One of the biggest benefits to this sync cable is that it has a retractable feature to both sides of it. For me it means less of a chance of it getting caught on something or getting yanked off my desk when I am using it and it makes it a truly portable recharging device when I am out of the house all day. I can connect this to my laptop or one of the recharging stations that are available at several retail locations I frequent.

This will not work with all Apple products; I use it mostly for the Shuffle because of the headphone port that is used to transfer music as well as charge it. The retractable sections coil perfectly when you are done using it and it is a lot more sturdy than I thought it would be. I can use it with the USB ports on my laptop or desktop but when I recharge it with this over an official Apple product I do notice it takes an extra hour to completely charge the Shuffle.

Sound Quality
This has nothing to do with sound quality; it is for transferring music and charging only.

It is a suitable replacement for official Apple sync cords.

Battery Life
This is for transferring music and charging only.

It's about as goof-proof as you are going to get.

• Sound Quality: