Other Mattresses:

Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress

Pros

Cons

Great Customer Service, Bed Not For Me

I returned my bed this week to Restava. I cannot say that there was anything wrong with the mattress except it was just not for my wife and I. We only heard about memory foam from a friend of ours, so we decided to try the Restava because they had a return policy where you could get all of your money back if you were not happy. I am now glad we chose them because it turns our memory foam is just not for us. Restava picked up the bed and gave us all of our money back. We're back on a spring bed and this seems to work for us.

I give them five stars because their customer service people are doing an excellent job. Very nice and helpful. You wold not excext such service when trying to return an item such as a mattress. If you have never tried memory foam I highly suggest Restava. If you do not enjoy it, you will get your money back. Cheers!

Restava is a scam.

They compare their mattresses to Tempurpedic memory foam but it's all smoke and mirrors. This is NOT memory foam. It is the same foam as you would find in a couch cushion.Read complete review

They boast about how strong their foundations are. They are cheap, light weight and flimsy. They have pictures of trucks driving on them. Once again, smoke and mirrors. Their foundations are extremely flimsy. Use their frame, foundation and mattress and you will be surprised how unstable the whole thing is. They lie about one person not feeling another person get in the bed. The whole thing rocks back and forth. It is very unstable.

They send two "memory foam" pillows with every order. Don't get excited. They aren't memory foam and the reek of chemicals. After a full month the smell was still overwhelming.

I jumped on a 4th of July sale. It was a one day special so I just went for it. It is now August 9th and the sale is still going. It isn't really a sale. It is a tactic to get people to rush to purchase.

Bottom line. Restava is a scam. Do not waste your money. Getting it back takes weeks and is a huge headache.

Comfort
The mattress I got was far worse than the worn out spring mattress it was meant to replace. My back hurt worse everyday. I used it for 2 weeks and eventually had to go back to the old mattress. I've slept on a Tempurpedic and this mattress isn't comparable. Do yourself a favor and just sleep on your couch before you buy this thing.

Another problem is horrible amount of heat it traps. You will wake up several times each night to roll over because you will be sweaty. I bought their 3 inch HD gel foam option hoping it would help. Obviously it didn't.

Support
Restava is quick to respond to criticism on Facebook but getting them to answer their phone or reply to an email is impossible. Once you get through all the refund hoops they'll send you an email saying your money has been put back on your card. You will then have to wait almost a week before it shows up. They hang onto it as long as possible.

I was actually surprised they gave me a refund. I was quite certain that I'd have to call my credit card company to try to regain my money. I guess even these scammers have their limits.

Firmness
The foam turns to mush as it heats up. You will feel like you're sleeping in a hammock. The foam isn't memory foam. Push on it with your hand and it springs back as quickly as you pull your hand away. Restava is a scam. They'll send you a mattress but it is nothing like they portray on their website.

I don't know about this since I only had it for a month. My bet is that the mattresses will last about as long as the company which can't be very long once the negative reviews start pouring in. Eventually there will be a class action lawsuit due to the false advertising. That will likely put them out of business for good (riddance).

Restava cloud Mattress is an Excellent Choice!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

I'm not sure if they changed the name of the bed, we have the Cloud and on the web site it looks like they call it a Victoria now. Anyway, we've been sleeping the cloud, and it really feels like a cloud, heaven.

Not that we had any problems, neither one of us did, but we do sleep much better and I can at least say for myself I wake up feeling better. I like Restavas customer service. I say like because I think it is overkill a bit. They must have called me 3 times before I got the bed to see how I was doing and to let me know the status of my order, and then called me again after I got it to see if I liked it. Great involvement with the customer, just maybe overkill? I'll be telling my family about Restava when the time comes.

Really does compare to Tempur-Pedic

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

We bought this mattress a year ago. Our experience has been amazing to say the least sleeping on our Restava mattress. I never thought a mattress could be so comfortable. We did a lot of research online and in stores. We kept going back to Restava because we had a friend who already dealt with them, and said the customer service was good. The person we spoke to on the phone didn't pressure us to buy and treated us respectfully.

It took about a week for our bed to arrive. We set it up and were like WOW! This bed instantly felt great and it had a beautiful cover. Our first night I actually woke up earlier than usual and felt rested. My husband snores less, and when he does snore it's quieter.

If you're nervous about buying online, try a tempurpedic, if you like it then buy the Restava. I have a friend who owns the Tempurpedic and says it makes her feel hot. We both usually sleep hot, but not on this bed.

Go for the Restava if you're thinking about it, you won't be sorry. Oh, and, if you go to buy a second one, they might give you a "special discount".

Great Customer Service, Bed Not For Me

from Boise, ID

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

Wow! I love my new Restava astoria bed.

from Grass Valley, CA

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

My husband and I have been sleeping on an old coil spring pillow top bed for several years now and would wake up in pain almost every day. I have back problems and when sleeping on my old bed, I would wake up every couple hours at night. By the time I would get up in the morning I would be tired and in pain. I have wanted to buy a new bed for years but could not afford to buy a new one. I looked at prices for Comfort Select and Tempurpedic but they are too expensive so I just suffered for years. One weekend I woke up in so much pain I was crying and had to take pain pills just to move around. I got up that morning and did some internet searching; I found Restava and read everything including the comparison to Tempurpedic and was very impressed with the price and everything else. Because Restava was so affordable I ordered the Astoria Mattress. We have been sleeping on our new bed for about a month now and I love it. I sleep all night now and wake up rested and pain free. I haven't had to go to the chiropractor or take pain medications since the first night sleeping on the Restava bed! My husband and I love it and tell everyone we know about Restava's comfort and affordability. Thank you so much.CelesteGrass Valley, CA

WE LOVE OUR RESTAVA ASTORIA BED!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

First of all I would like to speak to your customer service representative, Mike was well informed about the bedding industry as well as your products. His knowledge base was superior. I called my order in after much research on line and purchasing the wrong mattress from another company whose name will be kept silent. Fortunately, I was able to return it for a full refund. Also, I don't like giving my credit card info. over the internet, using the phone is bad enough. Guess you could say I'm old fashioned.

My husband & I have back problems & our old mattress was just that-old. So after many sleepless nights, tossing & turning, waking up tired and in pain we decided to purchase a good mattress. I have to say, you get what you pay for in this department. I chose Restava over their competitor because of the price, and warranty. Also there are no parts or pieces to assemble or replace in time. I was a little concerned about my husbands & my preferences, but Mike helped me with that concern as well.

We chose the Astoria King. All notifications as stated on your web site were delivered & the prompt service was much appreciated. We received our mattress in 13 days!

I couldn't wait to lay on it. The covering on the Astoria is just as you described, beautiful & luxurious. I really hated to put sheets or mattress cover over it.

Our first night on this bed was heavenly. The top felt soft & inviting, yet firm & supportive. I fell asleep fairly quickly & slept all night. When I woke up I was pain free and felt rested instead of tired. My husband experienced the same. WE LOVE OUR RESTAVA ASTORIA BED!

I'm telling all my friends about these incredible beds, and I think you will be getting another order soon from one of them.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Want to sleep better? Get this bed!!

from Arco, ID

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

I called Restava today to tell them I needed another bed for my mother in-law because she loves our mattress. They took good care of me. Great help from Dina. She's very polite and knows her product. If your in the market for a new memory foam bed check our the Restava. Excellent quality and the prices are really good. Check em out!

Just go for Restava

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

My husband and I are in our 60s; he's partially paralyzed from a stroke.  I have a "bum knee," and because I ride and work with horses as well as do a great deal of heavy-duty yard work, I would wake up with lots of aches and pains.  Getting the kinks out was a project every morning.  But even sleeping itself was difficult.  First, my bum knee doesn't like pressure, from covers on top to a spring mattress below.  Second, sleeping beside a disabled person who tends to "flop" and can't turn over easily, especially "in place," meant I got poked, bounced, crowded out, and generally awakened frequently.Though our Sealy queen bed was perfectly fine, I started looking into a non-traditional mattress, hoping to find one that would be easier on us both and help me to get a better night's rest.  In truth, I'd never have known Restava foam beds existed if I hadn't started looking into a Tempur-Pedic.  I wanted to "sleep on a cloud," but the Tempur-Pedic prices were so far out-of-this-world and beyond my pocketbook, I crashed back to earth with crushed expectations.  Never one to give up, however, I Googled some more and discovered Restava foam beds.  I could handle the prices, and the testimonials seemed both sincere and positive.  The side-by-side comparisons with the other mattress brand made me more than willing to try out a brand I'd never known of.Some people fear buying through the Internet; I do not.  I used to be a catalog shopper, now I'm an Internet shopper.  So I ordered a queen-sized Astoria Restava mattress and it arrived about 13 days later.What's really amazing is how it feels.  Oh, it's different from a spring mattress.  The edges are a little more defined, squared off.  And you expect that bounce but don't get it.  Only, that's okay.  Because it's so comfy!  When you lie down on your back, you get this little depression that's molded to your butt, and the mattress curves up to cradle your spine.  Your whole body sculpts the foam, which melds to your new body position every time you move.  And no bounce is great, because no matter what your partner is doing on his side of the bed, you’re on your own.  No waves or ripples from his actions to disrupt your own, quiet peace.The morning aches and pains I used to experience are lessening.  It did take my husband one night to "get the hang" of sleeping on foam, but he's all over it now.  And, not so much on me because once he's settled in, he's settled in comfortably on his side of the bed.My advice is, if you're considering a space-aged foam mattress, just go for the Restava.  Way more bang for your buck than the other guy!

C. Kohl