Other Mattresses:
Restava
Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress

Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress

Great Customer Service, Bed Not For Me

I returned my bed this week to Restava. I cannot say that there was anything wrong with the mattress except it was just not for my wife and I. We only heard about memory foam from a friend of ours, so we decided to try the Restava because they had a return policy where you could get all of your money back if you were not happy. I am now glad we chose them because it turns our memory foam is just not for us. Restava picked up the bed and gave us all of our money back. We're back on a spring bed and this seems to work for us.

I give them five stars because their customer service people are doing an excellent job. Very nice and helpful. You wold not excext such service when trying to return an item such as a mattress. If you have never tried memory foam I highly suggest Restava. If you do not enjoy it, you will get your money back. Cheers!

Restava is a scam.

They compare their mattresses to Tempurpedic memory foam but it's all smoke and mirrors. This is NOT memory foam. It is the same foam as you would find in a couch cushion.Read complete review

They boast about how strong their foundations are. They are cheap, light weight and flimsy. They have pictures of trucks driving on them. Once again, smoke and mirrors. Their foundations are extremely flimsy. Use their frame, foundation and mattress and you will be surprised how unstable the whole thing is. They lie about one person not feeling another person get in the bed. The whole thing rocks back and forth. It is very unstable.

They send two "memory foam" pillows with every order. Don't get excited. They aren't memory foam and the reek of chemicals. After a full month the smell was still overwhelming.

I jumped on a 4th of July sale. It was a one day special so I just went for it. It is now August 9th and the sale is still going. It isn't really a sale. It is a tactic to get people to rush to purchase.

Bottom line. Restava is a scam. Do not waste your money. Getting it back takes weeks and is a huge headache.

Comfort
The mattress I got was far worse than the worn out spring mattress it was meant to replace. My back hurt worse everyday. I used it for 2 weeks and eventually had to go back to the old mattress. I've slept on a Tempurpedic and this mattress isn't comparable. Do yourself a favor and just sleep on your couch before you buy this thing.

Another problem is horrible amount of heat it traps. You will wake up several times each night to roll over because you will be sweaty. I bought their 3 inch HD gel foam option hoping it would help. Obviously it didn't.

Support
Restava is quick to respond to criticism on Facebook but getting them to answer their phone or reply to an email is impossible. Once you get through all the refund hoops they'll send you an email saying your money has been put back on your card. You will then have to wait almost a week before it shows up. They hang onto it as long as possible.

I was actually surprised they gave me a refund. I was quite certain that I'd have to call my credit card company to try to regain my money. I guess even these scammers have their limits.

Firmness
The foam turns to mush as it heats up. You will feel like you're sleeping in a hammock. The foam isn't memory foam. Push on it with your hand and it springs back as quickly as you pull your hand away. Restava is a scam. They'll send you a mattress but it is nothing like they portray on their website.

I don't know about this since I only had it for a month. My bet is that the mattresses will last about as long as the company which can't be very long once the negative reviews start pouring in. Eventually there will be a class action lawsuit due to the false advertising. That will likely put them out of business for good (riddance).

great for back pain

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

Before purchasing this, I had look into other mattresses like Tempurpedic; but the cost was too much for me to afford. I didn't have much money to spend on something that expensive or the cash to buy a good bed; but Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress falls in my budget range.

I have chronic back pain due to scoliosis so I needed a good mattress that was within my price range and this mattress nail that part. Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress is breathable and it contains a soft gel that alleviates accumulated heat so you can sleep better at night without waking up restless.

Overall, the bed is good for people with fibromaylgia since the mattress contours the outline of your body making it soothing to fall asleep. It conforms your body and the soft gel the mattress has gets rid of the heat it accumulates from your body. So each night you'll be able to sleep a good night's rest.

• Comfort:

• Firmness:

Totally Satisfied !!!

from Rolla, ND

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

I took time to research, was rewarded with a product and experience that surpassed my expectations. It's been years since I had a restful nights sleep and when I got up I was without the usual pain and stiffness that lasts about 20 minutes before it goes away. Restava delivers quality from start to sleep!! I've already told my friends .

-DA

I sleep better on my Astoria

from New York, NY

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

Sleep can't get any better than this I'm sure. It's been 17 months of pure sleep heaven. I purchased a cheapy model from walmart a few years ago and it was great, until after a year. **SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY **and get a quality mattress. It saves you more money in the end.

A Nice Solution For Bad Sleep is the Astoria by Restava

from Waldorf, MD

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

I was a little skeptical about buying my Restava mattress, but since have realized the sleep I never knew was possible. I tested out many "memory foam beds" in stores, and none of them compared to the Tempur-pedic mattress. I went online and found Restava, who claimed their mattress felt as good as the Tempur-pedic I tried in the store. Their price is about 50% less, and I could return it if it didn't feel like I wanted. That was almost two years ago and I've never looked back. I never have trouble falling asleep anymore and cannot thank Restava enough. Besides a slight odor in the begining, I was 100% happy from the start. (the odor smell went away in a few days completely). I highly suggest this mattress if you are in need of a better night sleep.

5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE

from Winterville, GA

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

I had may heart set on purchasing an Astoria set today, but had a couple questions. Called the 5 STAR Service number for hours during normal business hours and no answer. What can I/you expect after the purchase? Not impressive!!!! Quite disappointing after all the good things I have read about this company.

Dave Mc

Wow! Impressive - Best Online Purchase Ever!

from Broomfield, CO

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

I purchased my bed in June of 07. It's been the best purchase (and most comfortable) I've made online, ever. My mattress looks and feels exactly like it did they day I got it. They mailed me a letter for 10% off my next purchase, so I purchased a few pillows and why did I not get these pillows 4 years ago? They complete the mattress exceptionaly.

Restava cloud Mattress is an Excellent Choice!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

I'm not sure if they changed the name of the bed, we have the Cloud and on the web site it looks like they call it a Victoria now. Anyway, we've been sleeping the cloud, and it really feels like a cloud, heaven.

Not that we had any problems, neither one of us did, but we do sleep much better and I can at least say for myself I wake up feeling better. I like Restavas customer service. I say like because I think it is overkill a bit. They must have called me 3 times before I got the bed to see how I was doing and to let me know the status of my order, and then called me again after I got it to see if I liked it. Great involvement with the customer, just maybe overkill? I'll be telling my family about Restava when the time comes.

Really does compare to Tempur-Pedic

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Restava Astoria Memory Foam Mattress:

We bought this mattress a year ago. Our experience has been amazing to say the least sleeping on our Restava mattress. I never thought a mattress could be so comfortable. We did a lot of research online and in stores. We kept going back to Restava because we had a friend who already dealt with them, and said the customer service was good. The person we spoke to on the phone didn't pressure us to buy and treated us respectfully.

It took about a week for our bed to arrive. We set it up and were like WOW! This bed instantly felt great and it had a beautiful cover. Our first night I actually woke up earlier than usual and felt rested. My husband snores less, and when he does snore it's quieter.

If you're nervous about buying online, try a tempurpedic, if you like it then buy the Restava. I have a friend who owns the Tempurpedic and says it makes her feel hot. We both usually sleep hot, but not on this bed.

Go for the Restava if you're thinking about it, you won't be sorry. Oh, and, if you go to buy a second one, they might give you a "special discount".

Great Customer Service, Bed Not For Me