Other Flat Irons:
S-8000T
Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T

Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T

Impressive Flat Iron

Last year while staying with my sister in law I ran across this flat iron in her bathroom. I decided to try it out, I planned on buying one and this was the perfect opportunity to try it before I bought it. The fact that this flat iron can be used in place of a hair dryer is genius. This feature is what attracted me to the Remington Wet 2 Dry 2" Flat Iron. My hair is below my shoulders, straight, and thin. I take alot of time everyday doing the same routine when it comes to getting ready, which can be time consuming. My first try was on clean wet hair, I used a heat protector and straightening spray. It takes only half a minute to heat up, and it has a settings for dry, damp, and wet hair with the temperature ranging from 300 degrees to almost 450 degrees.I know what my hair can handle and used the highest setting to dry and straighten my hair at the same time. I sectioned my hair, starting with the back part and worked up until I got to the front of my hair. I couldn't believe how dry my hair felt, from using a flat iron! There is some steam from the water on the hair but it wasn't hot. It took me about 20 minutes to straighten my hair, where it took me almost an hour to blow dry, and straighten my hair when I do my usual routine. I was so tickled about trying my sister in laws Remington, I went out the next day and purchased my own. I've been using it over a year now and I can say that I'm confident in my hairs healthough since using it, there's no breakage, my hair is shiny and vibrant. I am pleased that I've been able to save time with this flat iron, and I like that I can use on dry hair or when it's wet. One of the best styling tools I have used.

Remington Wet 2 Straight-Not perfect, but does the job

Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Wet and Dry all in all is a good product. It is definitely not the best flat iron I have used, but not the worst, either.I bought this a few years ago, and I can say that it still works without a hitch, except for one thing-it seems as though the dry feature for wet hair is not as strong as it once was. I am not sure if use over time diminishes the quality of this features, but it does seem to be the case with the one that I own. Where I once used this flat iron to both dry and flatten my hair, I now have to use a blow dryer to bring my hair at least a damp nature, before I use it. It can still work on wet hair, but works better when it is on the border of being damp/dry. This has been something that had happened within time.

On a positive note, it flattens hair with precision.  I have fine hair, but a lot of it!  I even have a nature curl/wave in the back, and my hair is long (although I have used this when my hair was shorter). The product is able to flatten my hair section my section, even where I have waves. My straightened hair does last all day, unless of course the humidity is high. I find that it doesn't cause many flyways for my hair either, and if I am having a day where flyaways are prominent, then I use some straightening product with the iron.

All in all this is an average to good product. It has both pros and cons, but I would still recommend it, because for the price, it does the job.

I love this straightener!!

from Algonac, Mi

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gentle
  • Good Value

• Normal Hair

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

I have bought and used probably 30 different straighteners over the years but this one by far is the best! It has also lasted the longest I have had this one close to 5 years now and it still works just as well as the day I took it out of the package. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Impressive Flat Iron

from Virginia

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Creates Shine
    • Durable
    • Good Quality
    • Heats Up Fast
    • Multiple Settings
    • Smooths Frizz
    • Versatile
    • Works Great

Cons

• Bulky

• Humid Conditions
    • Long Hair
    • Straight Hair
    • Thick Hair
    • Thin Hair

Love it!

from Sonora, CA

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Durable
    • Good Quality
    • Heats Up Fast
    • Multiple Settings
    • Works Great

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

I've had this thing for years and I love it. I have super thick hair(fairly straight, but slight waves) and usually it's medium length. In the past, I have used this on wet hair and it works pretty good at drying and straightening at the same time, but my hair is pretty thick so it doesn't dry completely. Lately, though, I have just been using it on dry hair. It takes almost no time to heat up to your desired temperature. It's easily adjustable by the press of a button up or down in temperature. Oh, also, this thing has some sort of a safety on it. If you turn it off, but leave it plugged in, it will beep every 5 minutes or so, until you unplug it. Kind of nice to have with small kids in the house with grabby hands.

Love it!

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

I have long and thick hair that's terrible to manage. I never used to straighten my hair because I would have to take 30 minutes to dry my hair then one hour to straighten it. One Christmas my mom bought me the wet to straight Flat iron. I was skeptical and thought there was no way I could flat iron my wet hair. I tried my straighter out on my hair and was amazed. This straightener has been in my home for years and has been used an unbelievable amount of times on my hair and my kids hair. It heats up quick and works equally well on wet or dry hair. It has color coded heat levels, and holes in the outside to safely let the steam from wet hair out without burning your hand. I'll definitely buy another of these If mine ever breaks. It's much cheaper then most flat irons and worth every penny.

My straightener has been used hundreds of times and been dropped countless times, and it still works the same as day one, and heats up just as quickly. Its very rugged.

Great option when you have no time.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

If you are super busy and most days barely have time to do anything after you get out of the shower, this flat iron is for you. I bought this to take with me when I go on business trips that way I could leave my favorite flat iron at home. When on business I am on the run a lot many times so having a flat iron that can work from my hair being soaking wet was definitely something that I knew I wanted. I bought this and tried it out. I took a shower and towel dried my hair while it was heating up. It heats up really fast, in like a minute. I started using it and was a little scared to be honest, you could hear my hair sizzling and you could see the steam coming out of the flat iron. After going over the strand a few times, it was completely dry and straight. I was pretty amazed. I have pretty thick hair so it takes about 10 minutes to do my total hair and it comes out looking nice and shiny and straight. The only problem with this is that my hair at the rooms stays a little bit wet for a few more minutes because I can not get the flat iron that far up there, but it dries really fast just from the heat being put off from the flat iron on the rest of my hair.

This is a great flat iron for using out of the shower.

from West Virginia

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

This iron is a wet to straight iron and I love it. My grandmother purchased this for me my first year of college and I have it five years later still going strong. Although it says it is for wet hair, I do have to towel dry my hair a bit first so that it isn't dripping wet when I start to straighten it. I can straighten it when it is a bit damp without any issues.

I love that this iron has about 25 different heat settings. I can set it low for when my hair is dry, set it medium when my hair is just a little wet, and I can set it up high for when my hair is soaked. One thing I can say is when I straighten it very wet, I have to turn the heat settings down as my hair begins to dry and straighten.

This iron is very good for thick hair and long hair. I don't have to do as many sections of hair with this as I do with my little 1 inch irons.

When I use this, it has a beeper that sounds off when the iron is hot to the setting I choose. I usually keep it on 10 or 12 when my hair is dry and I set it on about 15 when my hair is slightly damp. I try to keep the heat down on it so that it doesn't damage my hair as much.

I've had good luck with this iron and it's lasted over 5 years. I would recommend this iron. It doesn't pull my hair like some irons I've owned and I don't have to worry about it being damp and damaging my iron.

This iron is great for all lengths of hair and it works well for damp hair.

I've had my iron for over five years.

An effective straightener with a misleading name.

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

I owned this straightener for about 3 years, but I haven't straightened my hair in quite a long time. While I do love the broadness and the effect of this straightener, they should NEVER name it Wet2Straight. It has three different "settings," which change automatically as you go up in heat. I believe it goes from 10 to 30, increasing by ones, and from 10 to 19 it's light blue, meaning it's low-heat, from 20-25 or so it's purple, meaning it's medium, and from 26-30 it's red for high heat. While this is great, it advertises that, with the holes in the straightener, it lets out the steam created by straightening wet hair and makes it dry and straight. But, as any small amount of research can tell you, you should NEVER straighten your hair while it's wet. EVER. What the straightener is doing is literally boiling your hair. While you will get heat damage to your hair with any straightener at any time, using a hair straightener while it's wet is a terrible option.

As long as it's used on DRY hair, this is a great straightener. Its broad plate straightens a lot of hair at one time, and it's great for thick hair as it helps separate it and smooth it out. The only downside is that it may be difficult for short hair as the plate is so large - it'll be difficult to get hard-to-reach places and to isolate small patches of hair.

This straightener is extremely sturdy - I've dropped it a number of times and have even sat on it (while it was turned off, thank goodness!), but it always holds up. It continues to straighten wonderfully, but muck can get into the grooves on the plate. It's easy to get out - just clean as you would any straightener.

Great straightener!

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

I love this straightener. I have frizzy hair that I have to straighten to get rid of the frizz. I always hated doing my hair because I would have to blow dry it then straighten it, and that just took way too much time. Now that I have the wet 2 straight iron I don't even own a hair dryer anymore. This straightener works great. I dry my hair and straighten it in no time at all. I love it! I would recommend this straightener to anyone who is looking for a good straightener for a great price, someone who is looking to save time, or someone who just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of blow drying your hair.

It does a wonderful job, and does exactly what it says. It gets really hot when turned all the way up, so I normally only have to go over each section of my hair twice before it is completely dry and straight.

I have had my straightener for several years and I have put it through a lot. I have used it like crazy, I have dropped it a million times, and just thrown it under my counter. It has held up and worked just like it did when I first got it after everything I have done to it.

Saves Time Getting Ready

from Virginia

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

I was excited when I bought the Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron and after using am still excited about it. It does 2 jobs in one and doesn't damage your hair which really surprises me! I wouldn't recommend using it unless you have towel tried your hair and let it air dry another 5 to 10 minutes. I have used it right after washing my hair but it is harder to dry and straighten the air when it's soaking wet, But it's possible! The only downside is there's a lot of steam which may burn you so towel dry as much as you can before using. I would also recommend a heat protector for your hair, but that's just me and I always do before using anything with heat. I found that I cut my time in half getting ready, I no longer use a hair dryer and this straightener straightens the hair well. You can adjust the heat for your type of hair, the courser the hair the hotter the number. Beware of getting burned from the steam, this straightener gets very hot, but it leaves your hair looking smooth and healthy!

Dries hair while it straightens.

Works great. Can be time consuming.

Comments about Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Flat Iron S8000T:

I have tried many flat irons over the years. My hair is wavy to curly and can be a pain to straighten. My hair is dry and hard to manage, between all the heat and styling products I use, and because of the curls. Other flat irons I have tried either make the dryness worse, or they wouldn't straighten my hair well enough and it would look frizzy. I tried the Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron and I was very pleased with the results. It's just one step, and my hair was nice, smooth, and straight when finished. My hair did not feel or look dry, and it looked very sleek. Blow drying your hair and then using a flat iron can be too much heat for your hair and increase dryness. It is a great product for the price. The only downside is that it can be time consuming. Because you use it when your hair is wet, it takes a while for the hair to dry, especially if you have long, thick hair as I do. Overall, I love this straightener and I would definitely recommend it.

This flat iron works great. It is easy to use, and the end results are great. Nice, smooth hair without the frizz. The only downside as I have mentioned is that it is time consuming. This is not the flat iron to use if you do not have much time.