View more flat irons

Remington TStudio 2-1/4" Digital Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron S-9400

Pros

Cons

Move Over Diamonds because my TStudio is my REAL Best Friend

You're in a hurry - you overslept through your alarm and just realized that your hair looks like you just slept in a wind tunnel.

What's a girl to do?Read complete review

What's a girl to do?

Simply turn on the Remington T-Studio flat iron, set your temperature and carry on with your other activities. Within minutes, it'll be ready to go and you'll be out the door in no time.

**How It works**

This isn't your basic flat iron. Compared to older or cheaper models, the Remington looks complicated and heavy. To use it, all you have to do is press the "ON/OFF" button on the side of the iron for 1-2 seconds, set it to your temperature desired (140 - 200 degrees, 300 degrees on newer models) and watch it as it heats up.

**Results**

I have naturally thick and wavy hair. On a normal day, I require the flat iron to at least tame my crazy ends. Because I can set it to whatever temperature I need - whether 150 or 200 degrees - I know that it'll come to my rescue.

**What I Love**

For one, it's easy to use. You can see exactly what the temperature is. It's DIGITAL!! You don't have to guess whether or not that flashing red light means it's hot or whether it's still heating up. No - you see it raising as you stand. If you can't wait for it to hit the desired temperature, you can still know whether or not it's hot enough to meet your needs.

Another truly vital positive is the location of the on/off switch. Surely I'm not the only person out there who has turned off a flat iron or curling iron because the on/off switch as on the top of the product right by the convenient grip. All of a sudden you go from hot to cool without realizing it. (It's okay to admit it - I won't tell anyone!)

Regardless, the on/off side is located on the side, making it out of the water and harder to press accidentally. You won't just do a gentle swipe without realizing it.

**The Flaws**

Of course, all products have flaws. This flat iron is no exception!

For me the biggest flaw is that the "automatic off" seems to last much longer than expected - the 60 minutes mentioned by the manufacturer is far too long for it be safely left on. I accidently left it on one morning and after just 45 minutes; it was already at 400 degrees. Ouch!

**Summary**

You're only going to have fun with this flat iron. Once you get used to it, you'll realize that you don't have to overpay to get quality. All you need is a Remington T-Studio!

I would not trade for any other on the market in this price rang

I bought this particular straightening iron because it was the only one that I could find that had a wider plate.  I have long hair and the thin plates would take forever.  I was also comfortable paying a little more to know it has a 2 year warranty.  I am pretty impressed with it...I just have a hard time getting used to the control switches..You are able to turn on and off on the side but you set the temp on the top handle area.  It will go up to 200 degrees.  I always seem to bump that control when I am using it.  It is also a pretty pink and brown color too....but that is just cosmetic!

best straightener i have owned

Comments about Remington TStudio 2-1/4" Digital Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron S-9400:

I love that this straightener has the LED screen and heats up to such a high temp. I never heat it up to over 400 for my hair just because it ends up smelling burnt if i do.The ceramic plates are exactly what is needed for my hair.Even on my frizziest days I can manage to get my hair to have a smooth sleep look. (minus my own natural fly aways, that can never be gone no matter what i do/use) I will never use any other type! Ive owned this product for about 2-3 years and it's still holding strong. It really is a shame that this product has been discontinued, because I highly recommend it.

This straightener really helps to keep my hair smooth. The only problem I've had with it is that my hair naturally has fly aways and I can NEVER get rid of them no matter what I do!

I've owned this for about 2-3 years and it's still working great. The locking mechanism still works as well, which is usually the first thing to break on my other straighteners.

Awesome straightener

The Remington T-Studio Digital Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron is one of the best flat irons I have ever owned. First, of all this straightener heats up extremely fast no matter what temperature it is set at. I would say it heats up in around 30 seconds. The perfect time for one who is hurrying in the morning and still wants to look decent. It has a higher and lower temperature buttons on the front of the straightener so one could adjust the temperature to what they would want to use on their hair. These buttons are hidden well enough so one does not change the temperature without knowing. The thickness of this straightener is also impressive, since it can cover a lot of hair in a short period. I would say this straightener could be used for thin hair or thick hair. To get the desired look with thick hair one may have to use layers to straighten all hair. More positive attributes of this straightener are that it has a long cord to use so you can reach across the bathroom sink easily. Also, it has an automatic shut off timer so the straightener will turn off if you leave it plugged into the wall. Overall, I would recommend this straightener to every person who asks! It is the most wonderful of all the straighteners out there, especially for the price!

Love this flat iron

I have very curly and sometimes frizzy hair and this flat iron works wonders. My hair stays straight and soft all day after using this iron and it is my all time favorite Remington product. The width of the iron makes it easier to straighten more of hair at a time instead of small strands. This was absolutely worth it.

Miracle Product for thick hair

I love this hair straightener it does very well on thick hair. It only takes ten minutes to finish my hair. It leaves my hair straight and shiny and never dries my hair out. I would recommend this product to everyone with thick hair. Also I love the feature where you can change the settings.

A great hair straighter!

I personally like this hair straightener better than others. I have very thick hair and the thicker heating plates inside work nicely on my hair. I like that you can adjust the temperature and it does not take that long to heat up. I have had mine for a year with no problems. I highly recommend it!

The Amazing Remington T Studio Digital Ceramic Flat Iron S-9400

from Chehalis, WA

I am constantly amazed by my Remington T Studio Digital Ceramic Flat Iron S-9400. The love of my life found it in his heart to present me for Valentines Day with a new hair styler - the Remington T Studio Digital Ceramic Flat Iron S-9400. It heats up remarkably quick heat up time (only thirty seconds) and a long enough cord (six feet) that I can get ready last minute and still have room to move around while I finish getting ready. The Remington T STudio Digital Ceramic Flat Iron S-9400 assists me make my wavy unmanageable hair into a presentable, straight, professional look that suits my lifestyle (and pleases above said love of my life) The only fall back is that it is a little pricey, but for a worthwhile gift, go for it!

Good and bad...

from Miami, FL

Ok so this iron is good cause the plates are nice and big and it doesnt pull your hair when you pass it through. Only bad thing I found about this iron is that it makes my hair smell really burned. My other flat iron doesnt do that. I have one that goes to a higher setting and it still doesnt give me that burned smell. Another bad thing I would have to say about this product is that you really cant get your roots without buring yourself.

Best Flat Iron Ever!

from Shelton, CT

I have used many many many flat irons over time! I do not have curly hair but I have very wavy hair! Therefore when I want my hair straight I must use a flat iron! The ones I had before were all very bad! They never worked right and still made my hair wavy. I wasn't happy at all! My parents gave me this flat iron for christmas one year and still years later it works great and I love it! Its very important to get a flat iron that is ceramic and I didn't know that before when I had purchased all those bad irons. This product is very easy to use and works fast taking my hair from wavy to straight! This product does heat up fast which is great when I am in a hurry! This product is realiable and trustworthy! I love the fact that if I leave it on for a while it has an auto shut off and I do not believe it gets too hot before the auto shuts it off. This has been a blessing when I have forgotten my iron on!

The Remington S-9400 is amazing!

from Keystone Heights, FL

I have bought many, many inexpensive flat irons just to have them barely do anything to my hair.I have thick wavy hair that is resistant to styling tools. I was going to just give up and buy one of the more expensive iron when I came across this one. It had pretty good reviews on a few sites so I figured I would give it a try. Wow! It works incredibly. Even with my thick hair I end up having perfectly straight hair in a matter of ten minutes or so. I love that it has the adjustable temperature. I really have nothing bad to say about this product at all. It heats up quickly and works like a dream. I definitely recommend using a heat shield spray with it though so that you don't damage your hair from the high heat. I have been using it almost daily for a few weeks now along with a heat shield spray and have not noticed any damage to my hair at all. I highly recommend this product to anyone with difficult to style hair like mine.

This Remington Ceramic Flat Iron is the best Ive ever used!

from Barstow, CA

If you've been looking for a good flat iron, I'd definitely suggest the Remington Ceramic Flat Iron S-9400. I have used just about every different kind and almost every brand out there! I have very thick wavy to curly hair, so there are a few certain qualities I look for in a good straightener. I've been straightening my hair for years and could never find an all around good working flat iron for my hair. I honestly thought my hair was just too thick and curly to be straightened. I'd basically givin up on the idea altogether, until one day I used a friend's Remington Ceramic Flat Iron. I instantly knew I had to have it! I bought one for myself that same night. It actually straightens my hair and it only takes 10 miutes at most! Compared to all the others I've tried that would take up at least 40 minutes of my day and my hair wouldnt even be close to straight. I have seen this flat iron work on all types of hair. I love my Remington Ceramic Flat Iron! Its the best flat iron Ive ever used and I know I will always use it.