Other Flat Irons:

Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951

Pros

Cons

Remington Frizz Therapy Flat Iron - high end performance

I don't know how I ever got by without this flat iron. I have been through so many - from Conair to Andis to a CHI that I recently purchased and within several weeks, grew to loathe. I read about the Remington Frizz Therapy flat iron in a Sunday ad, and started reading other user reviews online. They were all so overwhelmingly positive, I went ahead and ordered one, even though I finally broke down and bought a CHI (big mistake) a couple of months ago. How do I love it? Let me count the ways:

1) 30 second heat up. For real. And it beeps when it has finished heating up, so you KNOW the iron is at the requested temperature.

2) Digital temperature control with multiple settings - up to 430 degrees. Hotter than the CHI I bought, which tops out at 390, and that 390 is not as hot as the Remington's. You can adjust the temperature up or down while in use.

3) It really does help control frizz. It was really humid here yesterday, and my hair did not frizz. It wasn't as flat and sleek as usual, but it was not fuzzy or frizzy at all, just had more volume, which was fine.

4) On all but a couple of difficult sections of my hair, a single pass on each section is all that is needed to straighten my hair/lock in the style. I was doing 5+ with the CHI on each section, and still not getting great results. Straightening time is under ten minutes now, as opposed to about 30 with the CHI (my hair isn't too long, nor is it curly - just funky waves/stubborn).

5) The straight/style lasts all day. I like to coax the ends of my hair under to soften the line - with the CHI, halfway through the day my ends would be sticking up and out like crazy. Not with this tool.

6) Super shiny hair.

7) The unit has a nice weight to it. Not super heavy, not unwieldy at all, but not light and flimsy feeling like the CHI - which I dropped so often because it was just too light.

Skip the super expensive ones and buy this product - you won't regret it! And your bank account will thank you!!

Cheap but very effective

Love love love this straightener. I bought this as a poor University student but was glad that I did because it works so well with my thick hair. It really does banish frizz for kinky or extremely curly hair. For me I receive the best results at 410 (220) degrees. My only regret is not registering it. But I've had mine for 3 yrs now and it's still going strong. Really a great buy!

How to make the best out of this product

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

The Remington brand has always provided hair lovers and professionals with alternative products at lower prices that do exactly what they are supposed to do: flatten hair. As someone who knows about hair, I strongly suggest hair tools that promise less and do more. The Frizz Therapy will do its job. However, you need to know how to use it. At 1", these flat irons may prove quite frustrating for ladies with long hair or thick hair. Moreover, you need a lot of time to allow for a 1" flat iron to take care of your entire hairdo.
I would graduate to a 1.5" or larger, ensure that my hair is well-saturated with the appropriate hair infusion for flat iron and protection, and then proceed to flat iron as usual without the need to pay extra for the promise of a "frizz therapy". I used this flat iron once and noticed that it was no different than the rest. It is a good contraption, do not get me wrong. It does flatten your hair, and it does look appealing. However if you find yourself not knowing whether to purchase this from another Remington brand flat iron, just rest assured that, if you follow the directions, they both will be just as effective.

One thing I do like a lot: the temperature settings. The hotter it is the better it gets. I enjoy seeing my temperatures so, as far as design, this one is a must have.

When used correctly, this iron will do what it says it will do and even more. Keep in mind the need to treat the hair prior to ironing as well as the time required to take the hair by sections.

One thing I will give Remington, and it is its length in the market. I've seen Remingtons since i was little and they still sell strongly. That tells you that the brand is not a gimmick.

Good little flat iron for straightening and curling.

from West Virginia

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

I bought this flat iron after watching videos showing how you can straighten and curl your hair if you have a small 1 inch flat iron. My usual flat iron is about three inches wide so getting use to this little one inch iron took a few tries.

The one thing I really like about this iron is that I can I set the heat settings up or down on it. I can opt to turn it down lower to just get my hair straight or I can turn it up higher for when my hair is damp or when I want to put curls in it.

This does a great job curling my hair. It's really easy to do. If I place the straightening iron right next to my scalp and clamp down on the hair, all I have to do is flip the excess hair around the back of the iron and then pull down as if I am straightening. The effect is a nice, tight curl that is just as good as a curling iron.

I know this is meant for straightening and I do use it for that also. It gets my hair straight but because I have three feet of it I have to work it through my hair several times to get it perfect. I think this would be best for straightening hair that is thinner or hair that is shoulder length or shorter. It's small so it's difficult to straighten a lot at a time.

This does a great job of straightening and curling.

It works best on dry hair but not so much on damp hair. I need an iron that works better on damp hair.

Great product with a great price!

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

I have been using a chi straightener for over three years when suddenly my flat iron broke. I had to buy a replacement fast but I didn't have tons of cash. I bought the Remington frizz therapy straightener and I am so happy I did. This flat iron works so well! I loved how straight and shiny it left my hair looking! Also I was very impressed with with the settings it offered. You can control how hot the flat iron is to keep your hair from being heat damaged. I bought my Remington straightener for around thirty bucks which is a great value. I loved how inexpensive this product was! Instead if saving up more money to buy a higher end hair straighter I plan on sticking to this particular brand because it works great. I also felt that this flat iron removed my frizz and kept my hair straighter for a longer time. I was not worried about my hair getting curly again! I would highly recommend this product. Also it is very durable. I have by accident dropped it a few times and it still works great!

Best buy for your buck

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

My hair is seriously frizzy after washing it. I actually bought this flat iron by mistake and fell in love. I was getting ready for my brothers wedding and my flat iron died. In a hurry I just grabbed one off the shelf thinking it was the same one I always bought. It was not, it was this Remington frizz therapy flat iron. It made my hair straight and silky smooth! It warmed up quickly which was a plus since I was in a hurry. I couldn't ask for more out of my flat iron.

the best iron i've ever used

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

I've used probably 10 or more irons,this one really works on stuborn hair . It is also very good on thick hair and very frizzy hair. as far as i have noticed,it didn't damage my hair too much,especially if u use it with some hair spray to protect it. Perfect product

Remington Frizz Therapy Flat Iron Great Buy

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

This flat iron is excellent for my hair. For 2 years I had this product, it's definitely certified. My hair looks great. I trust this flat iron, and I'm happy with it.

Every time I use this product. It gets better.

Very sturdy, and lightweight. I never worry about it overheating.

Cheap but very effective

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

Best flat iron sold for a reasonable price

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

I have been straightening my hair for several years and this is by far, the best flat iron you can buy for the price. It heats up to a very high temperature. It is quick and leaves my hair very smooth without any noticable heat damage to the ends of my hair. I would recommend this product to anyone who struggles to get straight hair

Great straightener at an excellent price.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

I read an article in a magazine about having tested Remington Frizz Therapy 1'' Straightener .The article said that it worked.I was a little skeptical at first.This straightner claims to have plates infused with anti frizz micro conditioners and advocado oils.I did not see how the plates could hold the conditioners and avocado oils on the them after extended use.I still dont know how it works, I just know that it does.It truly gets rid of frizz and fast.This straightner heats up fully in less than a minute.The temperature goes very high on this straightener.it will straighten even the curliest of hair.I like that it has a swivel cord and floating ceramic plates.This is a great straightener it really works to reduce frizz and is very inexpensive.

Bargain straightener that delivers!

from Hayward, CA

Comments about Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Flat Iron S9951:

I've been an exclusive CHI user. Recently I went on a trip and discovered the shock of my life, "I forgot my flat iron!" I have semi-coarse, unruly hair, thats not too curly but not straight. Basically if I don't flat iron it, its a mess and has to be tied up. I went out and only found a Wal-Mart nearby. Walked in and there was no CHI brand flat irons sold there. So with an app on my phone, while still in the store, looked for a comparable flat iron, and seeing the reviews for the Remington Frizz Therapy Straightener were pretty good, decided to give it a try. Goodness, I'm glad I did. This straightener does reduce frizz! Of cousre I also used my usual CHI Silk Infusion, but wow it straightened my hair almost as well as my CHI does, plus its less than a quarter of the price of my CHI! I'm not sure if it'll completely replace my CHI, as the one complaint I do have is that my hair gets caught in the floating plate, but for the price its a great flat iron!