2.4

2.4

No good

from Evansville In.

Pros

Cons

• Annoying
    • Inaccurate
    • Poor Battery Life
    • Unreliable

• None

Comments about ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer:

We have tried and tried to use this thermometer over time. Never works. Finally the battery sign flashed. Changed them. Now all we get is Er.2. I will never buy another product from this company if I can keep from it. They really need to take it back to the drawing table and start over. Totally a waist of money.

Cheap product for cheap service!

Comments about ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer:

If I could give zero stars I would; this product is absolutely worthless.

Several times we have had sickness in the adults in our home and this product always gives a normal 97-99° readout, even when pretty sure there was a fever; but being adults we just took some medicine and it worked itself out. Our son hadn't been sick since we purchased it.

But this Christmas morning, my 10mo old woke with a cough, shivering, and his forehead burning up; his cheeks and temples felt cool. I held it to his temple as per the instructions, and got a 98.8 readout - clearly inaccurate! I tried it again after a few minutes and put it directly on his forehead this time and got 102.4! It's a good thing I knew it couldn't be right or my boy would still be suffering with no medicine.

Everywhere I've looked now, this product has terrible reviews, all for the same reason - inaccurate, inconsistent, and just plain unreliable. Just stick to under-arm thermometers; much more accurate.

Love this thermometer

Comments about ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer:

I love my reli on mini temple thermometer! I think that this is a great thermometer to use on little ones, especially if taking a rectal temperature is not your favorite method. I use this thermometer a lot even if I just have an inkling that one of my little ones might be sick. I like that it doesn't need to sweep across the forehead, because my thermometer like that seems like it sticks. So I like that this one is just held in one spot. I like that this reli on mini temple thermometer is so cheap even though I would pay a lot more to help me see if my child is sick or not. The only thing about this thermometer is that six seconds, though not a long time by any means, sometimes seems like it when tiny hands are reaching for it, or my child is trying t get up off my lap and run away while I'm trying to take their temperature. It's too bad it can't work in three seconds. I do love this thermometer though, and trust the accuracy of it at crucial times.

I hate the ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer!

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer:

We bought the ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer when my son was sick.  It is the worst thermometer ever!  I will have to spend even more money and go out and buy a better one.

The concept is great! The reliOn Thermometer is supposed to read a person's body temperature from touching the metal end to the person's temple.  It takes only a few short beeps and seconds to come up with a reading.  It doesn't work though consistently.  It is very frustrating!

This ReliOn Thermometer is not reliable! In the span of few minutes we took my son's temperture with this thermometer.  We came up with 3 very different temperatures that ranged from 98.6 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit.  It also kept switching between Celcius and Fahrenheit.

The only thing the ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer is relable for is being inconsistant in the taking a person's temperatures and in keeping the same temperature scale.

I do not recommend the ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer for anyone.

The ReliOn Mini beats the expensive competition hands down.

from Beaufort, SC

Comments about ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer:

After loaning out my stick thermometer and it not returning of coarse my 1 year old got sick.  How can you have a child in the house without a thermometer?  I had resolved to buy one of the more expensive temporal thermometers but when I got to the store I found the ReliOn Mini temple thermometer for only 10 bucks! I bought it and my old stand by stick as a back up just in case this one bombed.

Boy was I surprised! It worked like a charm only takes a second for a read out and doesn't take forever to zero while you've already tackled the screaming toddler.  I've found it reads out the best when taken just behind the earlobe (less room for human error back there).  Also you barely have to touch it to the child to get an accurate read out it even works on a sleeping baby!! I love that it actually fits in my hand and I can reach the on/off button with the one hand. It takes two AAA batts so no expensive hard to find bateries in the middle of the night. This is so easy to use my 8 year old can take her own temp for me.

This little thermometer beat out the expensive temporal thermometer my girlfriend spent way too much money on. We temp checked all 6 of our kids ranging in ages from 1 to 8. Hers took two and three times on each kid to get a read that matched the stick (under the arm or in the mouth depending on age). My little ReliOn Mini just once!!!! I was so proud.

It's quick, accurate, compact, and inexpensive.  I'd buy it again.

I've retired the old stick stand-by and recommend the ReliOn Mini Temple Thermometer to everyone!!