Other Baby Gates:
Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate

Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate

This is a sturdy, well made baby gate!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate:

I purchased this safety gate for when my grandchildren come to visit. With this up in the hallway , I can keep track of where they are. I purchased this particular one because it is higher than the average baby gate and is made of a iron instead of those standard wood and plastic mesh types. It is so easy to set up, and looks really good. I like that you can adjust the width so it fits a lot of places. I set this up in the hallway first. Then I came up with the idea of putting it up in my front patio. This is a great option for when I am out in the front gardening. My dogs love to go in the patio with me, and now I don't have to worry about them wandering away when their out there with me. My favorite feature with this baby gate is the convenient walk thru design. Easy for grownups to open with a one hand release which makes it easy for us to open and go through when needed. , but more difficult for a child.

My grandchildren are at that age where they love to climb. This gate is extra tall which is the main reason I purchased it for their safety, and to keep them from climbing over. It is made of a strong steel, so it is very stable and secure when set up. I had this set up in the patio and a dog came by and my dogs went crazy! My larger dog, though he tried, could not get through the gate. Great design.

This safety gate is 38 inches tall and expands from 29.5 to 52 inches wide with the help of 6 and 12 inch extensions that comes with it. The extensions are easy to add.The four pressure mounts help for a easy and quick installation and each can be individually adjusted for a perfect fit.

Safety
This is a very strong sturdy gate. The height makes it hard for a small child to crawl over. Perfect for keeping children, or doggies in the area you want them to stay. This was a wonderful purchase. I am planning to purchase another to keep up in the patio.

• Safety:

The Regalo Easy Step is EASY!!

from Vallejo, CA

Comments about Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate:

I'm a new dad. My son is about 17 months now. He started walking at 11 months. We would use makeshift barriers and those plastic two panel baby gates. Those McGuyver-esqe techniques worked well until he turned 15 months. He learned to push down our barriers and the plastic panels. When he couldn't push it, he learned how to climb over the gates (the plastic gates had hexagon shaped holes where he could find footing instead of parallel bars.) It was time for some heavy duty gates. We bought a different brand and style gate for the tops and bottom of our stairs. These gates require drilling into your walls and are recommended for the tops of stairs. However, we also wanted to cordon off certain areas in the house and the Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate did the trick.

The Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate uses pressure to stay up. Unlike the plastic baby gates, the pressure uses a sturdier ratchet system to stay up so its pretty hard to knock the gate over. Also, unlike the plastic baby gates, the gate uses parallel metal bars so there are no horizontal bars for our son to get a footing to allow him to climb over. Also, the swing gate and lock are easy to use even if you have to do it one handed. Whereas, with the plastic baby gates, you either had to step over the gate, or take it down, cross over, then set the gate back up. Unlike the stair rated gates, you don't have to drill into your walls, so for areas not near stairs, the Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate is perfect and much easier to set up.

For your stairs, get a stair rated gated (one that drills into your wall). But for everywhere else, get the Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate. It's just plain easy to set up, easy to use and easy to move if you decide you want to put it somewhere else.

The Regalo gate does exactly what I need it to!

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate:

We purchased the Regalo easy step extra wide walk thru safety gate when my daughter was 6 months old and we purchased a new home with a very wide living room doorway.  My sister had used the gate at her house and I loved it, so I thought I would love this too.  Her gate was very sturdy and heavy so I felt like it would be safe and secure.  When I bought my gate (about 4 years after she did) and I was a little disappointed when it came.  The gate design had changed and it was definitely not as thick and strong as what hers was.  I decided to keep it anyway and went ahead and installed it.  Due to the width of our doorway I have to extended the side knob/screws almost all the way out. This makes the gate wobble a little and sometimes it starts to "sink" (the side feet will remain in place, but the actual gate starts to sink down) but it just takes a few quick seconds to readjust. I was really worried that the gate wouldn't hold up like my sisters had, but my daughter is now 20 months old and she had put it through the ringer.  She will shake the gate and step on the bottom rail and it has never fallen or worried me about it falling.  I would recommend this gate to anyone who has young kids and needs a gate to keep them contained :)

Regalo Easy Step Gate is anything but easy!

from Highland, CA

Comments about Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate:

I feel like I've tried many gates and have had nothing but issues with my 45" hallway. This time I figured I'd spend a little more money and try something sturdy that did not require holes in my walls. My husband and I bought this gate for our one year old to close off an opening in between our family room and kitchen, which is 58 inches wide. It fits the space, but the gate bowed. We had to tighten it so much so that our son could not push it over...but then you could not open the door from the pressure of tightening it. I also did not like the way where the gate opens is raised meaning you have to step over it. Total tripping hazard for my toddler. My search for the perfect gate continues. I wish I could build my own!!! We were so frustrated after fooling with for an hour and a half that we are taking it back to the store. There are so many other choices out there for baby gates, AVOID THIS ONE! Do not buy it!

Sturdy!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Walk Thru Safety Gate:

Well, this Regalo gate is certainly sturdy. Before we got this gate, we owned a wooden gate that my toddler repeatedly knocked down in order to get out of his room at night. Once purchasing the Regalo, my toddler realized that this gate couldn't be knocked down or even climbed over! The gate is too high for a 3 year old. It was a little confusing when learned how to screw the knobs to the doorframe. They don't go in but push up against the doorframe. The gate has a lever that you pull up to open the gate, but there is a little trick button to push. Don't let your child see you pushing it so they don't learned how. My toddler figured it out by watching me. Overall, this gate is a whole lot better than other gates I have used and wipes clean very easily. It didn't leave any marks on my doorframe either. This gate can be used for a pet as well. Good quality, well made, and very sturdy! I would recommend this gate to anyone!