Other Food Processors:
Full-Size Food Processors
Regal
Regal La Machine I Food Processor

Regal La Machine I Food Processor

Great for the causal cook.

from Ypsilanti, MI

Comments about Regal La Machine I Food Processor:

I've had this food processor for some time and hadn't used it much until recently. It does great work cutting and shredding vegetables. I mostly use it for making hash browns but have found it versatile in other areas too. It saves me a great deal of time and has lasted a long time. I guess the only downside I can really think of for this machine is that it's incredibly noisy. I've seen other such machines that are a lot quieter than this one. Makes it a bit easier that it runs by button rather than staying on the whole time, otherwise I'm not sure if I could take the noise. Overall I'd definitely recommend it for the casual cook.

Safety
Doesn't work unless assembled correctly

Ease of Assembly
Little confusing at times.

Comes apart for cleaning.

• Power:
  • Safety:
  • Ease of Assembly:

It keeps on working!

Comments about Regal La Machine I Food Processor:

My husband bought me this food processor back in the early 80's. At first it stayed in the cupboard without being used, but once I retired from my job in 1992 and had more time on my hands, I began to find out how useful this appliance really is. I began canning and baking more and discovered it made large chopping jobs a snap. It still runs on the original parts and looks just like new. Sure is nice knowing there are still replacement parts out there. Too bad products today aren't made with quality like this machine.

Power
Things are chopped in a few seconds.

Safety
You can't get hurt as it has safety features that prevent it from starting until all is in place.

Ease of Assembly
It all goes together in a snap and stores very well.

All of the parts clean up very easily and the bowl could be washed in a dishwasher. It's so easy I just wash by hand.

30+ years later and it still looks like new.

• Power:
  • Safety:
  • Ease of Assembly:

inheratited with the hubby and thankful for it!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Regal La Machine I Food Processor:

My husband bought one of these shortly after he moved to the US. We got married about 7 years ago and I know that in the last 7 years we have used this thing 2-3 times a week and it just does the job. I am amazed that it still does just as good of a job now as it did when I first started using it. We mainly use it for blending tomatos, onions, and other veggies when we cook Indian food. It was especially helpful when we began cooking full meals to eat with our toddler. We could blend all the veggies very fine so that he wouldn't fuss when he got a spoon full of veggies (very very picky toddler eater). The money it has saved us over the years from being able to cook our own meals at home quickly has been very significant. I wouldn't use it for making juice blends, but for veggies it is top notch! It cleans easy in the dish washer too.

La Machine I - Still going strong!

from Portales, NM

Comments about Regal La Machine I Food Processor:

I purchased this food processor when it first came out in the early 1980's, and it's still going strong after years of use.  I'm trying to find one for my friend who used to borrow my machine all the time, so it's gotten lots of use througout the years.  She complains about her machine because it is so difficult to use.  It's nice to know there are still parts available but I wish the machine was still being manufactured.

I really like it

from Weatherford, TX

Regal Le Machine 1

We inherited this machine when my husband's parents died a couple of years ago.Untill then we just chopped ,diced and sliced with knives.This machine sure makes things a lot easier.

It is easy to use,and even easier to clean.My husband uses it to make his homemade salsas.We also use to dice things for salads,we grate our  cheese with it for tacos,buritos. Now we buy big blocks of cheese and save money grating it ourselves.We slice our carrots,and potatoes to make homemade soups.The preperation time is cut in half,and the soup taste better then in a can.

I use it for just about everything. The one thing I do not use it for is to shred lettuse.It just turns it to mush.

You can also puree with it .This feature comes in handy when you have an elderly person to take care of and they have trouble swollowing,or if you want to make baby food .This machine will save you a lot of money,store bought baby food is exspensive.