Other Bread Machines:

Regal Bread Maker

Makes Fresh-Baked, Flavorful Breads

from Cin-Cin, OH

Comments about Regal Bread Maker:

I was very fortunate to receive this Regal BreadMaker three years ago from someone on Freecycle.org. I know many people who have bought bread machines, and many get tired of them once the newness wears off. It is great to be able to make quick, homemade bread, but I can see where some would think it is more trouble than it is worth. Most people would be happy to just pick up a loaf of bread at the store, especially since there are so many options these days.

My galley kitchen is about as small as it gets. Once I think of how great it would be to have another kitchen appliance, I begin to wonder where I would put it. But when someone offered up a bread machine on Freecycle, I could not pass it up. I found the perfect place for it too--on top of my refrigerator. It is just small enough and is fairly lightweight.

The breadmaker has the capacity to make a 1 1/2 pound loaf of bread. That is plenty big for my needs, although, when I make fresh-baked bread, I tend to eat more than your ol' store-bought variety. All you do is put the ingredients in the lift-out, metal bowl of the breadmaker, lock it in the unit, close the cover, then let it mix, knead, rise, and bake for 2.3 hours. The last time I used it, I made carrot cake.

The only thing I don't like about the machine is that it only has two settings: Start and Stop. Other than that, it is a handy appliance to have around. You know there is no better aroma to have in the house than fresh-baked bread. I just convinced myself to make some this week.

Stability While in Use
It stays put on my counter while it is operating.

As long as you follow the directions in the recipe, the bread will turn out fine.

It couldn't be any easier. I put the liquid ingredients first, as instructed, then I add the dry.

This was given to me about 4 years ago from someone who got tired of it. I use it about 2 or 3 times a month.

• Stability While in Use: