Other Misc. Styling Products:

Redken Smooth Down Detangling Cream Leave In Smoother 8.5oz

Redken Smooth Down is the Greatest

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Redken Smooth Down Detangling Cream Leave In Smoother 8.5oz:

First, you need to know some things about my hair - it is completely messed up! I've been dying it since I was 14 - mainly because if I don't dye it, it gets really, really oily. So, the roots are oily, and my ends are completely fried if I don't care of them.

The last time I was in the hair salon (far too long ago), my stylist recommended I get this product because she said it would smooth out my ends without making my hair too greasy. I was skeptical at first. I mean, come on, a leave-in conditioner that doesn't leave your hair greasy? Well, imagine my surprise when I found out that that is exactly what this product does!

The cream is a little on the pricey side, but I think it's worth it. The product does last for a really long time because you only need to use a very small amount at one time. My stylist told me that I really only needed to use it twice a week because the conditioning effects lasted that long. And that seems to work for me. There are not many products that I would label miracle hair products, but this is one of them.

Makes hair fluffy & soft while manageability is top notch

from Harvest, AL

Comments about Redken Smooth Down Detangling Cream Leave In Smoother 8.5oz:

I think this product is amazing. My mother gave this to me a few days ago becuase it didn't work for her hair. She has typical african american afro-ish hair. She didn't like it.You can get this at salons for around 15 bucks last I checked. I normally would not choose Redken's smoothdown line because I have finer, soft hair that gets weighed down by products intended for normal african american hair. When I tried it, I used just a tiny bit, about the size of a dime, focusing on the ends and edges the most. I blow my hair out with a blowdryer and a barrel brush. Prior to the Smooth down, I was using frederick Fekkai's glossing cream as my styling lotion, Joico's split end mender as my...well...split end mender, and the Silk Sheen leave-in by KMS. I'm replacing the Fekkai with this stuff because the Redken product gives my hair really nice shine and makes it voluminous and bouncy. It makes the hair glide over the barrel brush much easier too. It seems to make the strands more elastic almost. I'm so impressed!