Other Shampoos:
Redken Extreme Shampoo

Redken Extreme Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Redken extreme is perfect for damaged hair

I had my hair higlighted a few months ago and even though I loved the color, it left my hair really dry. It felt like a brillo pad when I was washing it. I bought Redken extreme shampoo/conditioner and the Extreme Anti-snap a few weeks ago. I have already seen a big improvement!! I love the redken products. I am going to try the All Soft line next. My hair dresser recommended the Extreme line to get my hair in decent shape and then switch to All soft to maintain. I love it because I can pile on the conditioner and it won't weigh my hair down like others (I have normal hair). The smell could be better- it doesn't stink but I always like hair products that smell great! Overall, great product and I now swear by Redken. If you want to get your hair in good shape, give this a try!

Redken doesn't do what it say's on the bottle.

The extreme redken shampoo is not to bad but the conditioner is very bad.  It makes the end of my hair feel course and dry.  My hair feels heavy with this product.  It tangles up real easy with this product.  I am not a redken product user but some one talked me into it.  I have not liked since.  I do not like the way it makes my hair feel when it wet or dry.

Great shampoo

from Fairmont, 'mn

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Curly Hair
    • Daily Use
    • Thicker Hair

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

I'm very low maintenance but I like my hair to look nice. After getting my hair colored and permed it was so dry, hard to brush, and constantly falling out so I bought this shampoo after the first use I could just see and feel the difference in my hair it was smooth j could actually run my fingers through it and not to mention it smelt great!

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Pure brilliance in a bottle.

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

A few years ago I went through a multitude of colors on my hair, the worse of all the decision to go from black straight to blonde. As expected my hair had taken a real battering with colors, bleach and highlighters and had become very dry and fragile. The best thing I ever did was to purchase Redken extreme shampoo and conditioner. At first the price can be a bit of-putting as it's a higher end product, but it is most definitely worth it. When using this product only the tiniest amount is sufficient enough to thoroughly wash and condition hair and effectively then saves you money, as it lasts longer. I am totally in love with this product and could not recommend it more highly.

The smallest amount does the job, and more. Brilliant feel to my hair after using.

Redken is the best smelling shampoo and conditioner I've ever used. It's not a strong scent but smell like you've just had your hair washed at the salon.

Great! But please read- I'm a ten year stylist.

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

Let me start by saying I have ten years of hairdressing under my belt. Not only that, but I was originally trained on Redken products (and color) so I am especially knowledgable with this line of products. I have learned upwards of ten other brands of professional products. Redken is still my favorite. On to this particular Extreme line of Redken. It is indeed the most effective system for, no pun intended, EXTREMELY damaged hair, such as over processed blonde. (You will get the best results using the shampoo, conditioner, and one or two products also.). Here is the important thing to know, and it is sad to me, in reading a few other reviews, that people have misused the product. The whole extreme line is infused with extra protein, which is what your hair is made of. However, most do not realize that too much protein in the hair will start to have the opposite effect and make it very brittle! The product called "CAT" is the most misused because it is almost pure protein. The moral of the story is: use this product if you have "fried" or over processed hair, but only, say, every other shampoo, until your hair is repaired, and keep it on hand for if you need it occasionally!

Extremely effective for VERY damaged hair. Do not use all the time! Read review for more information.

Good for fine hair

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

I have used this shampoo and conditioner for about a year and loved it. I have super fine hair that I color and highlight every four weeks. I also use a hair dryer and a flat iron every day. This product tamed my hair from dry ends that comes with over processed hair. I like that it did not make my hair greasy. We have a ton of humidity here and some conditioners can be too heavy on fine hair. Not this one. I really like it and the price is decent too. The scent is really nice too. I do use a lot of hairspray unfortunately and some shampoos leave the residue in my hair. Not this one. This shampoo gets the hairspray out and washes clean. I really like the way it performs. I don't notice that my color fades any more or less with this product than other products that I used claiming to be solely for color treated hair. I recommend this shampoo and conditioner to those that have dry ends and need some moisture back in their hair.

Not my favorite shampoo.

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

I bought this shampoo at the grocery store because it was on sale. I was honestly not that impressed with this shampoo at all. It left my hair kind of greasy or with some kind of film on it when I was done washing my hair. I have really thick hair that can be kind of oily naturally. This shampoo was not for me. As far as the scent it was pretty good. It had a pleasant smell that left your hair smelling fresh and clean. I just wish it didnt leave your hair feeling heavy and greasy. Honestly I would not recommend this shampoo to anyone.

I do not think this shampoo is that effective because it does not leave your hair feeling very clean at all. It actually left my hair feeling greasy and heavy like the shampoo did not fully rinse out.

The scent of this shampoo is pretty good. It does leave your hair smelling fresh and clean. It is not overly artificial smelling like perfume or air freshner. I really did like the smell of this shampoo.

love this!

from San Diego ca

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

This shampoo was recommended to me by my hair stylist, because I have long coarse hair that has been colored I am prone to a lot of breakage. This shampoo has transformed the way my hair looks now. It went from being dry, and coarse to lusciously soft and manageable. The consistency of the shampoo is very creamy you don't need a lot of it to get a good lather. It makes my hair smell really good and I can still smell the scent for hours. I am able to run my fingers through my hair without getting caught on any tangles. My hair has more bounce and added shine that I never had much of before. Its always hot and sunny where I live the sun can make my hair dry it can also do damage to your hair. Using this shampoo everyday I have noticed that no matter how much heat my hair is exposed too my hair always stays soft, and theres less breakage. I would recommend you try out the whole Redken Extreme line to get better results faster. It's also expensive to buy this shampoo at a salon I found that the best price is on amazon.

Great products for people who color and style their hair a lot.

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

My sister in-law is a professional hair stylist. A few years ago I went to her for a trim and was talking about how my hair being so damaged from coloring, bleaching and styling. She introduced me to Redken's Extreme products. Since then I have been using the shampoo, conditioner and the leave in treatment and I have noticed a huge difference in the health of my hair. My hair is shinier and softer and looks and feels overall healthier. I have been an addict to coloring, bleaching and straightening my hair for years. Since using this product line, I will not use another brand.

Since using Redken's Extreme shampoo, conditioner and their leave in treatment my hair is no longer damaged from all of the coloring and styling that I do to it. My hair is softer, shinier and overall healthier feeling.

Redken Extreme products have a wonderful scent. Not overpowering at all. I would call it a light floral scent.

Recommended by my stylist.

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

This is my stylist's favorite shampoo. She uses the entire Redken line in her salon, but this shampoo is the one she uses the most. My hair is color treated/highlighted so I use this shampoo along with the Blonde Glam--I typically rotate them. I like the Redken Extreme because it's thick and luxurious. It seems like it nourishes and softens my hair. Personally, I don't like to use it every day, because I think it has the potential to weigh my hair down; it's for somewhat damaged hair (or color treated) so the ingredients make my hair shiny and soft. If I want to bring out my highlights, I use the Redken Blonde Glam, and then the Extreme the following shampoo. I also like the fact that it lathers up nice since my hair is long. I don't need to use a ton to get a good shampoo.

Works great for chemically treated hair. My hair is left clean, soft and shiny.

It smells nice. Not as fruity or floral as some people may like. Redken products all smell nice. The hairspray, gels and balms tend to smell the best.

OH MY GOSH!!! Double WOW!!!

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

Can I score this a perfect 15?? I that was on the scale, that's what I'd score it as. This shampoo has transformed my hair. My hair is so thick and frizzy.I have alot of body. This shampoo helped make it look so much smoother, and made it so soft, and gave it so much shine. I color my hair alot too, and it totally reversed the damage the color did.

Not as amazing as it's made out to be

Comments about Redken Extreme Shampoo:

Every salon I go to have stylists trying to push Redkin on me and eventually I caved and bought this shampoo hoping that it would work miracles as everyone claimed it would, but I only found disappointment. The shampoo leaves your hair feeling very dry and brittle after use and doesn't even soften up with the same kind of conditioner. My hair was left in worse condition than before I used it. I would not recommend this product to anyone who needs major hair therapy.