Other Car Seats:
Recaro
351.00.MM14
Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat

Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat

A very good car seat that my Toddler Son Loves.

Comments about Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat:

We had an 4 stage all in 1 that we lost the converter's to which caused us to buy this car seat for my toddler. He loves the increase in room size in this seat from his own one and the fact that it feels more like a "big boy" seat.

Ease of Installation
Very easy to install in multiple cars using the seat belt install or using the harness system. We have been using the seat belts as it seams easier to move from seat to seat when necessary that way.

Child's Comfort
My child absolutely love the more openness to this seat compared to the previous one he had used and has much more leg room now

Support and Safety
This seat seems very safe and it can work well in any seat thanks to the use of either seat belt system or harness system to lock it in.

It does take a few minutes to change from seat to seat, however it doesn't seem to take any longer than other car seats we have had (and actually seems a little quicker).

I like the head protection and the design both emphasizes comfort while at the same time not skimping on safety.

While we have only had this seat for a couple months, so far its held up to the typical hard use of a 4 year old toddler.

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Very good booster!

Comments about Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat:

This may be my all time favorite booster seat. It has nearly everything you'd want. It has great belt fit for most kids. The head rest goes up very high so it will fit most kids until they are fairly tall. My nearly 8 year-old should fit it for a few more years. This seat is padded, has tons of side impact protection, and is very sturdy. The steel bars that reinforce it make me feel more comfortable with it as a seat and it means that the seat does not need a car head rest to support it. The seat also reclines, which is nice on long trips.

Ease of Installation
super simple, easy to thread the seat belt.

Child's Comfort
My kids find this seat really comfortable. They are on the thinner side, so I'm not sure how it would fit a broader child.

I wish it had the ability to be latched for stability.

This seat is extremely durable. I only wish the expiration was longer than 6 years. It seems that many boosters are longer now and I wish this one was. I love this seat!

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Love it for my 5 year old!

from Summerfield, NC

Comments about Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat:

I purchased this booster seat for my almost 5 year old daughter as her first "big girl seat". We have been very pleased with it. It was very easy to install in the car. I love that it is still a high-back booster. I read a few reviews of people who said the wings on the side of the head rest were too big, but I don't think that is the case at all. My daughter can still see out the window with no problem. I really like that the seat is made by a company that makes racecar seats. My feeling is that if a company can keep someone safe while they are driving 150+ miles per hour, they have the knowledge to keep my daughter safe while driving down the road. In all, I think this is a great booster seat and I am very happy with our purchase.

My daughter loves it

from Vernonia, OR

Comments about Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat:

I bought two of these the beginning of last year because I read great reviews about it.  I bought the pink and gray ones for my then 5 year old daughter, and got a great deal.  She couldn't wait for us to open up the box when they came, and when she first sat in it, the head bolsters made her look like a little mouse!

She was using a Britax car seat that had head bolsters, but she got really tired of the 5 point harness, and all her friends were using "big girl" boosters.  She is tiny for her age and safety is always my number 1 concern.  This seat is VERY solid, and she enjoys riding in it.  I like that it's got the side and head bolsters, I feel like its more secure and would protect her better if we were to have an accident.  It has and adjustable back, but we've never used that.  It also has a nice carrying handle if you need to move it from one car to the other.  Out of all the carseats we've owned (and we've had a lot with 3 children spaced a total of 7 years apart) this is definitely the easiest to maneuver.

The fabric the cover is made out of is soft, and it is easily removeable to wash.

The seat is rated for 30-100 pounds, and for 37-59 inches.  At the slow rate my daughter grows, this could last us through high school!

Safe and comfortable, who would want more than that?

from Charlton, MA

Comments about Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat:

You may not know this, but Recaro is a maker of race car seats.  Their seats are high quality and built to withstand impact.  Well, their child booster seats are ideal then because these guys know their stuff about vehicular seating and comfort.  My oldest, has been in a couple of different seats that are made from high end brands.  This one?  Most comfortable according to her.  We take long trips and even then, she doesn't complain as opposed to how she did in the other seats she has had.  Not to mention, if you look up the safety ratings on these, you'll be impressed.  They are known to be THE safest car seat on the market.  If you are going to spend good money on products, let it be on those that keep your children safe (and comfy of course) but they are your precious cargo.  You wouldn't buy eggs at the store and just lay them on top of one of the bags, only to be prone to falling off and breaking, right?  No, you would nestle them into a bag in between two other bags that you know won't fall to keep them safe.   Do the same for your kids ok?  Spend the money and get a Recaro.  Hopefully you'll never need to find out, but it could be the difference between an uninjured child and a tragedy.

Easy to install

from Laurel, MS

Comments about Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Seat:

The Recaro Vivo was easy to install.  It does not install like a regular car seat it as it does not have any belts attached to the Vivo itself.   It just sits in the back seat of the car and it uses the cars seat-belts to wrap around the child. It works just like any seat belt that an adult uses.

The Recaro is adjustable for the child using it and has the extended head rest that protects the childs head and neck.  Plus, it has wings to lean their head against if they fall asleep while in the seat, thus avoiding a stiff neck.  It is adjustable to fit snug on the cars back seat.

You have to position the Vivo on one side of the car or the other, it can not be positionened in the center of the car because you have to use shoulder belts with it.  You have to pull the seat-belt around the child and the Vivo and fasten into the seat belts clip.  It seems a little inconvenient to me to reach across the seat to buckle it or reach in from the other side of the car to buckle it.

Fortunately, I can not speak for how the Vivo works in a crash, but it is a sturdy, comfortable car-seat for toddlers and older children.