Other Misc. Dentals:
Reach
Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss

Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss

Reach Ultraclean is better than your average floss

There are a few special things about this floss that make it my favorite. These are:

1. It is made of some kind of material that is much smoother than regular floss. It doesn't fray, and doesn't irritate the gums as much when flossing against the gums.

2. The floss has a little bit of stretch to it. This makes it a little gentler on your mouth and also not as tight when wrapped around your finger.

3. The floss is very wide, this can make the task of flossing go faster if manuevered correctly.

4. Quite a bit comes on a spool and less is needed because you don't have frayed floss to deal with.

5. The dispenser is handy, I've never had lost floss fall down inside like in some other containers.

I would like it more of it had a stronger minty flavor. But regardless of that it is the best floss I've found. The price, of course, is higher than the generic stuff, but having more comfortable floss is worth it.

Like Flossing With a Rubber Band

I've always been plagued by cavities in between my teeth, and found Reach Cleanpaste dental floss took care of that problem. The promises were that it was like brushing in between your teeth, and I found that to be true. I saw it on clearance a few months back and got worried that they might be taking the product off the market. I bought up what they had, which was only a few. With my supply finally gone, I went to the store, and it seemed to be confirming my suspicions as I couldn't find the product at all. I needed a replacement, something to do the same, and hoped maybe Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss would do the same, as it seemed almost like a replacement for the Cleanpaste.

What I found was nothing similar, other than shape. The Cleanpaste was a flat floss that fit easily between the teeth. Ultraclean is the same, like tape more than a wound floss. I've got teeth shoved close together, thanks to not taking proper care of my braces by wearing my rubber bands and retainers like I should have thirty years ago, so the thin tape fits easily between my teeth.

Yet, aside from that shape, it's too stretchy. It's honestly like flossing with a thin rubber band. The promises are that it won't shred, which is helpful since my tightly bound teeth do tend to shred floss, but the stretchiness of it is quite annoying. It makes me feel as I wind and rewind between my fingers, switching sections as I floss that I'm never getting past the the section I just used, just re-stretching it out.

What I enjoyed most about the Cleanpaste is missing from the UltraClean. That coating that was on the floss that seemed to be like you were taking care of the area in between your teeth is nonexistent here. This is a smooth floss with no coating at all, save for the flavor, in this case mint. It promises "ultra-grooves" that grip surface and remove plaque, but I miss the knowledge that I'm putting something similar to toothpaste in between my teeth.

The Reach UltraClean Dental Floss is nothing like I hoped it would be, so when it runs out, it'll be back to the drawing board as I search to find something that works similarly to the Cleanpaste.

Great Floss for the price.

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

When buying floss I choose Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss because it glides smoothly and does not snag between my teeth. I have several teeth that are closely positioned together and some flosses do not smooth between them, but Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss has never failed me. There is no comparison between other flosses and Reach Ultraclean dental floss. Once I was on a limited budget and I bought a lesser known floss, flossing hurt and I was unable to floss until I could get the Reach Ultraclean Floss again.
I think there are a few different flavors, I like the mint flavor best. Always go with waxed floss as unwaxed is even more impossible to floss with. Also there are coupons frequently for Reach Ultraclean Floss in the Sunday paper or available online.
Overall I would highly recommend Reach Ultraclean Floss over any other floss. I believe it is the best floss.

Another winning product from Reach.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

I purchased this product very recently because I really like the original Reach floss and I saw this new one at the store last time I went. I was very curious and we were out of floss, so I picked it up. I was very happy to see that Reach did not fail me once again. The Reach UltraClean Dental Floss is definitely worth the extra money I spent on it. It costs a bit more than the regular Reach, but that does not matter. It is made of very strong substance, so I can floss all of my teeth without worry of it wearing it out or breaking before I am finished. That happens with a lot of other flosses and it is very annoying. Also, because it is so strong, I do not have to replace it as quickly, which definitely makes the value of the product higher. I like that this floss also helps make my mouth feel fresh and clean. The UltraClean is very good for that and the clean feeling lasts for a long time after use. I would definitely recommend this product to avid floss users.

Affordable & Effective

from Portland, TX

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

When you go to the doctor, the typical questions are whether you floss and brush regularly. They always tell me that flossing is just as important--if not more important--as brushing your teeth everyday. Flossing prevents tartar, gingivitis, and many other health issues which can occur.
When I went to the dentist, they provided me with a sample of this floss and I can honestly say that it is one of the best kinds of floss I have ever used. Other flosses were too rough on my gums, causing them to cut and bleed. The Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss is special in the fact that it does not come apart with little strings here and there and it is not rough on the gums. It is also very easy to slide in between teeth.
I was not much of a fan of other flosses because they were cheaply made and hurt my gums but I now, floss every day because I have found an effective and affordable dental floss. If dentists use it, you know it is high quality!

Great floss!

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss has to be in the top 5 products of dental floss. It is an absolute pleasure flossing with this product. This floss seems to be like a rubber band and stretches out. It did not cut into my gums and felt good on my teeth and left me feeling clean.

Dentist clean in your own home

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

I love this floss. I've tried so many different flosses throughout my life and I never truly understood why flossing was so necessary (because most other flosses didn't seem like they were doing anything more than my toothbrush already did).

I now have been using Reach UltraClean floss for the past two years and refuse to try any other kind. You can really feel and see a difference when you use this floss. I may be addicted because now simply using my toothbrush no longer suffices.

I do not, by any means, have the whitest teeth around but I've had people ask if I use whitening strips or have had my teeth bleached and the answer is no! My teeth are ultra sensitive so I cannot whiten them like others do. I credit my clean teeth to this floss Colgate Optic White, which I have also been using regularly since it came on the market.

ONLY KIND TO USE

from Boston, MA

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

I never liked flossing but I can HONESTLY say, this product has changed me and changed my dental hygiene. It is the only one to get. Glides beautifully, DOES NOT CUT YOUR GUMS, gets everything out. No flavor, scent. Works like a charm. I recommend flossing first, then brushing ofcourse. Enjoy!

AMAZING - best floss ever

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

Who likes to floss? I do now, that I discovered the reach ultraclean dental floss. I absolutely love it.

If you've never tried it, please do. It is like a rubber band, but doesn't buckle. it doesn't cut your gums. it is easy to handle, hold firm and stretched and place between the teeth. So smooth to use and easily to teeth between teeth and under the gums, as much as you can do at home. I first tried it earlier this year and the last couple months, it has been a breeze to floss, sometimes something I even look forward to! And the only thing I'm doing different is the floss. And from flossing more, my teeth are healthier. Rinse your mouth with warm water or a mouthwash and then floss, and close the routine with brushing, for maximum effect. Nice floss!

the only floss that won't shred

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

for some people, this might not matter, but **Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss** is awesome because it doesn't shred. my specific dental situation: most people are fortunate enough to have a full set of permanent teeth to replace their baby teeth as they lose them as a child, but strangely, i didn't have a permanent tooth to replace my lower right 2nd premolar. the baby tooth in that position cracked when i was 18, and it was replaced with a surgically implanted false tooth. overall, i love my dental implant, but it did complicate flossing at first. before the implant, i'd been able to use regular waxed floss, no problem. but whenever i try to get in between the implant and the adjacent natural teeth with waxed floss, it just wouldn't work. typically, the floss would shred and / or snap, leaving fuzzy, frayed bits of floss sticking between my teeth. it would get out any stuck food, and then promptly get stuck itself, and i'd have to try to remove the frayed bits of floss...sometimes using more floss, sometiems with tweezers, and rarely with much success. there just wasn't any point!

**Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss** solved that provlem. waxed floss is "woven", but Reach Ultraclean floss is a solid piece of tape. i really don't have a clue exactly what it's made of...some sort of plastic i would assume. it's thin and flat, and it doesn't fray. that's not to say that it's perfect. it can and does break, typically when i'm trying to floss around my dental implant. but it's no big deal when this floss breaks, because it doesn't leave frayed fuzzy bits stuck between my teeth. it gets out what's stuck, and even if it breaks, it leaves nothing behind. it gets the job done!

Gentle Floss

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Reach Ultraclean Dental Floss:

I have gone through a lot of different flosses because some of the flosses are really harsh on your gums. I once tried one that was really sharp and thing but I am glad that I found the Reach Ultraclean Dental floss because it is super gentle on gums. I love the packaging of this product with the cool cap. Another great thing about this product is that it does not fray. I used to have braces and my teeth are really close together so a lot of the flosses that I have used have frayed in my mouth, leaving tiny pieces of floss in my mouth (yuck). I have yet to experience that with this product. They have the minty kind which actually makes me enjoy flossing because I love the minty taste it leaves in my mouth. This is a strong durable floss that is really worth the money. My whole family uses Reach Ultraclean dental floss because of how well it flosses and how comfortable it is to use. I definitely recommend this product!!

Reach Ultraclean is better than your average floss