Other Misc. Dentals:

Johnson & JohnsonReach Mint Waxed Dental Floss

Pros

Cons

Good floss, especially for the price

One thing that's GREAT about the REACH waxed mint dental floss is the price. While not the cheapest one, it's definitely close, and the quality is better than what you can find at a lower price. So as a poor college student, it was definitely attractive, but it was it's other qualities that made me stick with it ever since.

First, I love the fact that it's waxed. The wax allows it to slide easily between your teeth and prevents it from shredding. I tried a non-wax floss once and once was enough: it cut my gums horribly and shredded quickly. That being said, one downfall to the REACH floss is that you can't use the same portion of a piece of floss more than for maybe one or two teeth. While the wax keeps it from shredding the first time you use a section, if you try to use that same section more than about twice, it begins to shred. So you do end up using more of it than you might use a more expensive waxed floss.

But that leads me to another benefit! While you do have to use more of it, there's plenty of floss in that little container. It can last for a VERY long time! I also love the minty flavor. While my toothpaste is what ultimately leaves my mouth tasting minty, it's nice to get an early start with the floss. It takes great, slides easily between my teeth, doesn't cut my gums, lasts for a long time, and only shreds if you try to use the same piece too often. Can't get much better for the price!

Sometimes gets stringy

Wasn't a flosser till my dentist insisted it is a must and for the past couple years I have only used reach dental floss waxed mint flavor. The positives are that it lasts a long time (55 yards), like the mint taste, like the price, there are coupons available and when it goes on sale you can get more than one!

Don't enjoy that it is stringy, in that it easily separates if you got over different areas with the same part of the string. When it separates it does not clean and you run the risk of the strands being stuck between your teeth, or cutting your gums. Especially since it is better to floss before you brush, so the brushing can clean and remove anything remaining, a good floss is key. Something else may be better suited for me than this one.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

Reach mint waxed dental floss is a dependable brand for my children and I to use. It does not tear or shread easily, which is important because one of my children has braces; it takes a strong floss for her! Reach is a brand we trust, and provides a great value for the money spent.

Reach mint floss does the job

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

This floss is a very basic floss that does the job without a lot of fancy packaging. Though it doesn't have the fancy edge and attractive look of other higher end Reach or Glide products, it works. I don't find that the product shreds, which I have found to be true when buying store brand flosses like Shoprite store brand. The taste takes the basic floss product up a notch in its value, it really has a nice pleasant, minty flavor that freshens your breath almost as if you were using a mint mouthwash. I find that I get the best results by brushing my teeth first, then using the floss, and then brushing again afterward or using a mouthwash afterward to get rid of the debris and tartar that the floss has loosened up..
The proof of its effectiveness is when I go to the dentist for check ups and the dental hygienist tells me I am doing a good job with flossing because there very little tartar that she has to clean when I go there for a cleaning.
Again, the package may not look as nice as some other. Higher priced flosses, but it works and does the job.

Easy on the teeth and gums!

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

I like the mint taste of this product and I like the waxed feature that makes for ease of use. Having a crown and other various dental work, I like the fact that this dental floss does not get hung up on your dental work. It is very easy to use and has a good taste and feel in your mouth. Flossing is hard work, but this product helps to keep it easy, clean and fresh. I much rather use this than some of the other store brands as it does not leave a funny taste in your mouth with the mint. Some other products smell funny and seem to get hung on your dental work. I enjoy flossing my teeth with this floss product and will continue to use it, as I have my husband and children using it as well. Even my four year old can get it out of the drawer and tear it off and try and floss his teeth. The mint does not bother him and it does not cut into his gums when he uses it. Safe for the whole family and part of a routine that most would not enjoy. This product is effective and beneficial.

Love the results love the price!

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

I've been using Reach waxed dental floss for many years. It's not expensive and provide great results! I floss every morning and every night before bed and I really like the mint flavor. My teeth feel so clean after using this product. REACH DENTAL FLOSS offers waxed or unwaxed floss depending on your preference. Johnson & Johnson has been around for years so you can be assured that you receiving a high quality product. I encourage my grandkids to floss their teeth. No cavities for them when they visit their dentist thanks to Johnson and Johnson reach dental floss. Flossing your teeth is very important not only for your dental health but also for your overall health. Many times Sunday newspapers have coupons for Johnson & Johnson reach dental floss. Some grocery stores offer double coupons. Clip those coupons and save some money. I highly recommend this product.

A no fail dental floss

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

I love Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss, and I have been a long time user of this product! While it doesn't over any "bells and whistles" I actually like it better for this reason. It is reasonably priced, which I appreciate, and the floss seems to last for such a long time before needing replaced. It glides between teeth easily without getting stuck, and yet it has enough grab to really pull out food or substances between teeth. The taste of the floss is not overpowering, but is a light mint flavor. My whole family, even my young children, as well as my husband with multiple dental problems, is able to use this reliable dental floss. I don't see any need to spend money on other floss products, when this Reach product will do exactly what you need it to do for a low price. I will continue to be loyal to this product and highly recommend it. Some products just get it right and aren't worth straying from, and this is one of them!

does not shred or make your mouth bleed

from MA

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

As a person who has the misfortune of having teeth which are very close together, using a a good dental floss daily is imperative in my dental regimen to prevent cavities .
I have tried the cvs brand and other generics figuring one dental floss was as good as another but I learned otherwise the hard way !

With Reach Mixt Waxed Dental Floss by Johnson and Johnson I get a high quality product that does not shred or get stuck or broken off in my hard- to -reach back teeth . With cheaper brands, I used to have the floss sometimes get stuck and actually cut into my gums and make them bleed - ouch !
But the Reach waxed floss cleans effectively and does not shred or fall apart and best of all , it NEVER gets stuck in my teeth causing pain and bleeding .
It is a quality product, reasonably priced and really cleans between teeth -flossing is never "fun" but the Reach brand makes it a painless daily dental chore .

Getting WAXED dental floss makes a big difference and I really enjoy the mint taste that makes my mouth feel clean and fresh after I use it .

A Home Staple for a Reason

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

I get a new package of this every time I go to the dentist's office, and while I won't call myself a dental hygiene extremist, I often find myself using my floss right down to its last limbs shortly before I go back to the dentist, simply because I use it so much! I keep a package in my bathroom cabinet, one in my purse, and even one in my locker. That may seem extreme for normal usage, but you'll be surprised how much it comes in handy. Luckily, this floss is both affordable and easily available, not to mention that it is frequently a dentist give-away and dental treat in most cases. I prefer waxed floss over the typical string variety simply because it slides easier between my front teeth and back molars. Non-waxed varieties feel awkward and uncomfortable to use, it makes me feel similarly to how most people feel when they hear someone running their fingernails down a chalkboard. The mint taste and scent are well appreciated perks, seeing as it can help freshen your breath even further. Also, there's no splitting with this! Picking dental floss isn't too important to some, but this product is one I appreciate nonetheless.

Too Slippery

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

I have a problem with shredding dental floss strands because my teeth are closely spaced together. I have even broken several strands and gotten them stuck between my teeth. Funny as it may sound, it's quite frustrating. I had hoped that a waxed floss would fix this conundrum.
I tried Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss but was dissatisfied with the results. First of all, the waxiness left a waxy taste in my mouth. I don't know if this was from the actual wax on the floss, but it was not pleasant.
Secondly, the floss still shredded. It never broke like other flosses have done in the past, but the strands did not hold up well.
From an environment standpoint, I don't like how big the box is for the tightly wound spool of floss. I'd rather have a container that more closely resembles the actual amount of floss. Too much plastic is wasted here, which also makes it bulky and less appealing to carry around with me.

Good dental floss

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss:

I have used Reach Mint Waxed Dental Floss for a while and it does the job as well as any other brand. I guess the problem is with me. I am not good at flossing and don't feel that I do it properly. It is hard for me to hold both ends of the string and get between my back teeth where my teeth are close together. And that it where I need it most. So I have moved on to floss picks. But as far as floss goes, this is the best brand I ever tried. It has a wonderful minty flavor that leaves your mouth feeling refreshed. It does not shred unless your teeth are close together. It does tend to shred when I am trying to floss my back teeth (which are close) because it gets caught repeatedly (despite the fact that it is waxed). This floss is very inexpensive and lasts a long time. The container/dispenser is very well designed and easy to use. This is good to carry in your purse so you have it whenever the need may arise. I highly recommend this floss for anyone whose teeth are not close together. It will work wonderfully for you. But if you have close, tight teeth, it could present a challenge for you.

Good floss, especially for the price