Other Misc. Dentals:
Reach Access Flosser

Reach Access Flosser

Pros

Cons

I'm going to live 7 years longer.

I used not to floss. I have wanted to ever since I read an article that said flossing increased you life expectancy by seven years. I wanted to, but it was hard for me with regular floss wrapped around my fingers.  Then the little disposable flossers came out, with a little floss on a handle, and that was better but still difficult enough to prevent me from everyday use.  But now we have achieved perfection with the Reach Access Flosser.

The handle of the flosser looks a lot like a toothbrush handle without the brush.  It has a groove to snap in disposable heads, which have the actual floss.  The handle is comfortable to hold, long enough to get all the way in the back, and rigid enough to push between the tightest teeth (i.e.- mine).  When your done, just pop off the head and throw it away and rinse off the handle as you would your toothbrush.

I have used several hundred heads by now, and I've only had the floss break once.

This product is well designed and made.  I highly recommend it. It costs more than regular floss (I assume), but isn't seven years worth it?

Better Access to Wisdom Teeth, But I Still Prefer Regular Floss

Unlike most people, I rather enjoy a trip to the dentist.  I love the feeling of clean teeth and have no problem brushing after every meal and using my dental floss religiously.  The only concern I have with using my tried-and-true waxed dental floss is that it can be tricky to reach my wisdom teeth.  I bought a trial package of **Reach Access Dental Flosser** thinking it could replace my package of dental floss.  However, after my experience with the Reach Access Flosser, I know that I won't be tossing out my Crest Glide dental floss.

**Reach Access Flosser** comes with dental floss cartridges that you connect to the plastic handle.  The first trick for me was to attach the floss to the handle.  My vision isn't the best and it took me a minute to figure out how to get the flosser assembled.  However, once I got the floss unit clicked-in, the flosser felt secure and sturdy, yet flexible.

Unlike the old-fashioned, wrap-the-floss-around-your-fingers method, the flosser only has about an inch of floss for use.  This means that if you do manage to remove debris from between your teeth, you either need to keep wiping the floss as you move on to the next tooth, or use another cartridge.  Either way, not very efficient, in my opinion.

Overall, I think the **Reach Access Flosser** is a good product for someone who has trouble using standard floss.  As for me, I'll stick with my regular dental floss.

Not worth the price or hassle

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

I recently purchased the Reach Access Flosser when it was on sale around the holiday season. I am not overly impressed with this product. While I am a big fan and loyal user of traditional Reach flosses, I would not ever put money into this product again unless it were offered for free. The biggest turn off for me is the high price. And although you pay a higher price for this product, you really do not receive that much floss in a package. To purchase refills costs even more money. As far as the use of the flosser goes, it is a little awkward to maneuver in your mouth, especially if your mouth tends to be small. The flossers get stuck more easily between teeth than traditional floss. Overall, I just don't think it is worth the increased price or the extra hassle to use this product. I love Reach products, and I will buy other Reach products, but not necessarily this one. It does not get my full recommendation.

Way easier than regular flossing!

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

The Reach Access Flosser is a very easy and effective way to floss your teeth without having to deal with the pains of using regular floss instead. It comes with pre-made flossing strips that you just clip into the flosser without having to measure out a length of floss instead. The flosser itself is pretty long so that you can easily get back to the hard to reach places of your mouth in order to floss around every tooth (unlike regular floss where it's extremely difficult to get the back teeth in your mouth). Because of this, the time it takes me to floss with the flosser in much less than regular floss takes, giving me more time to do something else afterwards. However, I wish the flosser strips were a little longer so that you wouldn't have to clean them as often before moving on the the next tooth but then you would have the problem of not being able to fit the flosser in your mouth anymore. Overall though it's a nice product.

Worth it

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

I absolutely hate flossing, but I promised my dentist that I would do it everyday. My teeth are so close together that I often break dental floss or at least shred it into unusable strands. I have to wrap it so tightly around my fingers that I end up losing circulation in my finger tips. Then there's always the issue of how to get my hands way back into my mouth to floss around my back molars. This is where my plaque tends to collect the most.
The Reach Access Flosser makes flossing so much easier and less messy.
The handle provides a comfortable grip that allows me to maneuver between my teeth and even in the tightest, most hard to reach spaces. I also love the colors, though I know that is unrelated to performance. The different colors ensure that my husband doesn't grab mine on accident.
And miracle of miracles, the Reach Access Flosser is the only thing that can get him to floss. I bought him a box or regular string floss that is still sitting in his medicine cabinet after 3 years!

Floss Easily With This!

from Portland, TX

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

Reach Access Flossers are definitely a product that I would recommend. They are helpful to those of us with small mouths, big hands, or little patience. The long handle creates easy access to each and every tooth, making life much easier when flossing! Also, it is convenient, because you can floss any where you can take a flosser. My husband is a big fan of these because when we are running late for work, he has me drive and he sits in the passenger seat, flossing away with these flossers! He does not have any problems doing so. When I need to floss, I bring them to work with me and slip into the bathroom to get in my morning floss. We all know how important it really is to floss, so why not get it done in an easier way? I enjoy flossing much more now that I do not have to worry about how much to use, how to wind it up on my finger, and worrying about whether my son will accidentally find a piece of floss and taste test it.

Reach Access Flossers get where the others can't!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

The hardest thing about dental floss is getting to your back teeth. The Reach Access Flosser's are perfect for reaching the places that regular old dental floss can't reach. The long handle on the dental floss makes it easy and simple to clean my back teeth. I mostly use these after a meal. They are also great for getting out food that gets stuck in my teeth. These dental flosser's are not very expensive and they work just as good as the more expensive brands. They are actually better and have an advantage over the other dental flosses because it has the long handle which makes it exclusively to reach to the back of the mouth. It was a perfect creation by Reach because these do just that they reach places that I would not be able to get to without putting my fist in my mouth places. I have highly recommended this product to others and have heard many success stories.

makes Flossing Easy

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

I love these. I decided to try these after reading a lot of good reviews on this product. Generally , I use regular floss but sometimes it is hard to reach in the far back of your teeth with it . It shreds and is not always easy to use or to remember. With these Reach Access Flossers, I can easily get inbetween my back molars with no problem and the design helps to do that. It has a long handle with makes it easy to navigate between any teeth in your mouth and flossing is a breeze. They are convenient to take along with you , just pop a few in your handbag or backpack, even your pocket. You can use them at work or scool after eating as they are so portable. The price is right and I have found them on sale as well. I like the design of the product and they are very effective at removing food particles from between teeth. I love how clean my mouth feels after flossing with these and then brushing my teeth. I recommend them to every one.

A Good Product

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

I purchased this flosser from a medical store as its price was very less. If you purchase this product online, you get a 50% discount as well. This product is not definitely not as good as branded flossers like Oral-B but it still stand out as a good product if not a great one. I used this product for three months and it worked well in cleaning the food stuck within the gaps but I could not use the product for a long time as it began breaking while flossing.

The durability of this product is better than most other products and it works very easily and makes flossing a fun exercise. I never liked flossing as I used to get pain during the process but this flosser made it easy for me and never caused any pain or sensation. The other flossers harm the gums initially but this product was soft on the gums. Overall, it is a good flosser and a very reasonable product and I would recommend it.

These Are Convenient

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

Immediately upon using a Reach Flosser, I was suspicious. There's no way that it can be as good as regular flossing, it's too easy and there must be a catch! As it turns it out, there are several. First of all, the refills that you need to keep the Flosser going are usually very over priced (I picked up several on super clearance somewhere otherwise I would never have even ever bothered with the Reach Flosser!), which is definitely a draw back. And second, it turns out it's kind of like using those little disposable pick flossers in that you're just stuffing debris back in between the teeth and possibly recontaminating different areas. I read that if using these kinds of flossers it can be helpful to dip it in Listerine in after using it in between each tooth, which adds a nice zing between your teeth, which I like. There was a time was I wasn't much inclined to floss every night, so I guess if it was between the Reach flosser and nothing, using the flosser was a better choice, but for me there's no real substitute for good old floss.

Clever way to floss

from Pickens, SC

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

My dentist recommended this so I thought I would give it a try. It has turned me from a 3-4 times a week flosser into a daily flosser. I am one of those people who think flossing should be a private function; I don't like to see someone else floss nor do I want anyone to watch me floss. So I typically tried to work it in with my morning or evening tooth cleaning routine, but was frequently in a hurry so would just let it go. Here's where the Reach Flosser comes in: after my husband goes to bed I sit up and read for awhile. I found that I can use this flosser one-handed while reading my Kindle with the other. I will sit, read and floss every night. And now I get glowing reports on my gum health from my dental hygienist. The only drawback to this product is the cost. By my calculations the cost of the refills vs. the cost of dental floss is about 5X more. For me I decided that it is worth it but this may be an issue for others.

Awesome Flossers!

Comments about Reach Access Flosser:

These flossers are very comfortable and easy to use. I can get to my back teeth easily. It also has the right tension of the floss. These flossers have a minty taste, so it doesn't taste bad.

These are also nice to use because they don't cut any circulation in my fingers like regular floss would. I find these very comfortable and easy to use.

I started using these about 5 years ago! I got tired of regular floss. I saw these in the store and decided to give them a try. Not only is it easier to use these flossers, it is beneficial. I have noticed a difference in my teeth. They look and feel healthier and cleaner. I'm really glad I switched to these. I really think everyone will like these better than regular floss, so they should make the switch now.

I recommend these to anyone who wants healthier and cleaning teeth. Consider adding reach access flossers to your daily teeth cleaning routine!