Other Misc. Healths:

ReSound Live

Clear hearing at last.

from Decatur, AL

Comments about ReSound Live:

I am back into the land of clear hearing.  With my new ReSound hearing aids, I can hear sounds that I have missed out on for the past 20 years.  I never realized what I was missing out on until I started using these hearing aids.  My children do not have to tell me that my cell phone is ringing, I can actually hear paper shuffling, footsteps, etc.  I can now hear all of the prayer requests at church, even when I am not facing the speaker.  I no longer have to continually ask my science students to repeat their words in class. My children can no longer sneak up behind me to scare me!

I had tried a different brand of hearing aid, and I was quite comfortable with them for a litle while, but I had great difficulty with the sound I now heard when I played my cello.  A long screech accompanied the bowing on the A & D strings, which drove me crazy!  (And no, it was not my playing!  My teacher vouched for that.) My doctor offered to switch my hearing aids to ReSound, and I decided to give them a try.  I brought my cello to my fitting, and from the first bowstroke, the screeching problem was eliminated!!!  I cannot tell you how excited I was to be able to play in peace.

I have found that my hearing is much clearer than when I was using the other brand.  The sound quality is better, and I do well when I am in a crowded noisy room or restaurant.  The aids are very comfortable (behind-the-ear model), and no one has ever noticed that I have hearing aids!  I am completely satisfied with the ReSound Live hearing aids, and I plan to continue wearing them for the rest of my life.