Other Bikes, Scooters & Riding Toys:
Razor
Razor Ripstick

Razor Ripstick

Interesting take on an old toy

from Boise, ID

Comments about Razor Ripstick:

My neighbors nephew had a rip stick and my daughter fell in love with it. She was lucky enough to have Santa bring her one this year at Christmas. My daughter is only eight and is still even trying to learn how to get the hang of a regular skateboard. She rally is very weary of the ripstick, because she is afraid she will fall and get hurt. I have let her practice balancing inside on carpet, incase she does fall. That has seemed to help a bit, but she is still too afraid to get outside and try it. I was actually fooling around with it the other day and got on it. It is really difficult to be able to stay on top of it and to keep it from falling over. Let alone trying to get it to move. I am not sure that I can even wiggle around and make it move. This is a really interesting toy and I like the concept, but I am not really sure that people can get the hang of it. It seems rather difficult, but perhaps that is just us. I am hoping that she can master it and has fun!

Awesome activity for kids!

from Ubly, MI

Comments about Razor Ripstick:

The Razor Ripstick is something my grandson has been begging for, for several years. Looking at it in the stores I had decided that it would be something that would be too frustrating for him to operate. He received one as a gift this year for his 10th birthday. We watched the short instructional video that was included and headed for the park. Within 10 minutes he was sailing across the basketball court with great success. After a week he has managed to make it down the small ramp at the skate park. He really enjoys this activity which is a lot different than his skateboard and bike. No ifs and or buts about it though, full safety gear is a MUST! I recommend bike/padded fingerless gloves while in the learning curve too.

love the snowboard but no snow this is great

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Razor Ripstick:

the razor ripstick is outstanding. It is a snowboard on wheels. Unlike a skateboard, a ripstick can make sharp terns, ride smooth, and the ripstick is on only two wheels. It is a littile hard to get the hang of it, but when you do, its a real blast. You do not have to kick or push to ride, all you do is hop on and twist your feet.

Great toy!

from Oconomowoc, WI

Comments about Razor Ripstick:

We live in Wisconsin and my kids have been begging me for snowboarding lessons this winter.  I bought this because I heard it was great at teaching balance and the skills are similar to snowboarding.  When I first opened the box I thought there was no way my kids would learn this, in fact I almost went out and got them a skateboard instead.  They watched the video and within 15 minutes they were able to do it 15 feet and within an hour they were doing it down the driveway.  They love it and are able to balance on it well.  I do agree with others that it is overpriced for what you are getting, so shop around.  Also, make sure kids wear a helmet as it is tricky.

Kids of every age will love

from Castlewood, VA

Comments about Razor Ripstick:

This toy has been great for my cousin Tristan. He has always wanted to play with new and exciting state of the art toys and I saw this and knew it was for him. He has played for hours with this toy. I don't know he got along without it. The flashy colors even allowed me to match his personality. Great toy of any age child who wants to have fun. Also this device is much safer than the standard skateboard.