Other Bikes, Scooters & Riding Toys:
Radio Flyer
Radio Flyer Tricycle

Radio Flyer Tricycle

A great tricycle

My mother-in-law found a red Radio Flyer Tricycle at a garage sale a few summers ago.  Our daughter was too small to ride it at the time but now she can and I think this is a great little tricycle.

The model that we have has a poll on the back which I really like because it means that you can push your child without leaning over.  The poll is removeable too so when your child is able to ride independently, it does not have to stay on.

Because we got the tricycle used, I know that it is durable because it is still going strong and we are at least the second owner.

My daughter is now three and can reach the pedals.  She is learning how to pedal and it is nice to have the poll to push her to give her the sensation of her feet moving on the pedals.  Even before she could reach the pedals and push them herself she would sit on the seat and push herself by just moving her feet on the ground.

I recommend this tricycle and also recommend looking for one used because new they are a little pricey.

Cute, but a little too big for three year old

My son got this trike for his third birthday.  The box said that the trike was appropriate for ages 3 and up, so my husband and I were very exctied to get him a bike his size because he had been very interested in older neighbors' bikes for several months.  Unfortunately, my son's feet didn't reach the pedals even though he is average sized.  In fact, he couldn't ride the bike independently (without being pushed by a parent) until he was almost 4!! I love the look of the bike, but was pretty disappointed in the size aspect and that it couldn't be adjusted to fit a smaller child.  He loves riding it now and adds little boxes to carry things around on the back of the bike.  Another problem we've had on and off is that the handle bars stick and the red part that is supposed to secure the handle bars to the bike doesn't fit tightly, so the handlebars will sometimes twist to the side, making it hard to ride.  Like I said, cute toy, but if we had to buy another, we might choose some other brand.

First tricycle

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

My son got this for his second birthday and is almost four and still loves this. Its so easy to put together and is great learning strategy for kids to figure out peddling. Needless to say he will be upgrading for his birthday this year but its so much safer than a bicycle with training wheels on the backs of the tires. You don't have to worry so much about the child falling off due to the bike being up a lot higher. Its perfect size for the child. Love this!

Quality Product

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

My 19 month old son received this as a gift for Christmas. He loves it, but hasn't gotten the hang of peddling yet. However my older son, who is three, speeds around our house on it. My only complaint is that it tips over when turning very easily. He hasn't been hurt by it, but the potential for injury is there. It is very well made and I believe will last for a long time.

A totally classic trike

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

I think this trike should be a staple for every 2 year old first learning how to pedal. It's relatively inexpensive, relatively durable, and absolutely adorable. It is a must have! It didn't last as long as I was hoping for, so that's my only complaint. The front wheel was easily bent, but it definitely served its purpose.

Perfect little bike

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

My son was about 2 when he expressed his love for the outdoors, and I thought this little bike was perfect for him. It helps him keep his balance, is easy for him to control, and is a overall perfect bike for a small child. I feel like he is safe on this bike, and I love it.

Radio Flyer Tricycle cool retro

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

If you like retro looking toys then the radio flyer tricycle fits the description.My Mom just bought this tricyle for my 18 month old.She doesn't know how to ride it yet,but hopefully she will in another year or so. This tricycle is cute,built to last,and affordable.This makes a great gift for small children,but is not suitable for babies.

Radio flyer is incredible

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

I still have my red Radio Flyer tricycle from my childhood and plan to pass it on to my daughter when she is old enough to ride it around on the sidewalk outside of our house. I enjoyed this toy immensely as a child and know that my daughter will also enjoy it as her first bicycle. The color is amazing and a total classic and these things are a wonderful investment because they can last through generations. The radio flyer tricycle is one of those toys that all children should have access to because they are so simple and so much fun. Forget about all the nonsense light up and singing toys that take batteries and get this for your children instead it is more educational than any of that light up junk because it makes the right and left brain work together simultaneously and your child does the work instead of the toy like most "modern" toys on the market that do all the work for the children.

Radio Flyer Tricycle is so nice!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

I have purchase the Radio Flyer Tricycle for my two year old and she loves it. It is the perfect tricycle for her. She is able to reach the peddles and away she goes. My two year old has no problem with peddling this tricycle. Some of the other tricycles and small bikes for toddlers are to big for my toddler. This is the only tricycle or small bike that my toddler was able to peddle and ride all by herself. My toddler loves to ride her tricycle. She has had no problem peddling and stearing this tricycle. The Radio Flyer Tricycle seems to be very durable and will probably last forever. This is a great quality tricycle and seems like it is made very well. I am very satisfied with this radio flyer tricycle and I am very glad that we purchased this tricycle as a christmas present for my two year old. She was so happy to get this Radio Flyer Tricycle as a present. My two year old instantly jumped on it and started to try to ride it. She caught on quickly and was able to ride it by herself in no time.

A great tricycle

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

Best quality tricycle for your little one!

from Springdale, AR

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

The Radio Flyer Tricycle is both, "an oldie, and a goodie."  It is an oldie, because Radio Flyer has been around as a company that produces high quality products for so very long.  And it is a goodie, because, as I said before, they make ONLY high quality products.  When I bought it for my son, I was surprised that it was so easy to assemble -- and I am NOT a mechanically gifted person.  Since that time, in three years, we never had to refill the tires, or tighten any nuts and bolts -- it is really solidly made.  My son loved it, and he was even able to keep up with my daughter on her two-wheeler when she had training wheels.  The only time I had to replace anything on it was my fault.  I accidentally ran over it with my car, and had to call for a replacement part.  Customer service was very efficient, as I received the replacement part in less than a week!  This is a wonderful, high quality tricycle for your little one!

Great trik for little kids

from Springdale, AR

Comments about Radio Flyer Tricycle:

We purchased this tricycle 4 years ago for my daughter for Christmas and she loved it.  We wanted to purchase something that would last for all our kids and this has not been a disappointment. Radio flyer has been producing quality products for many many years and this is definately one of them.  The classic design is adorable and the dynamics of the tricycle make it easy for first time riders to push the pedals and steer it.  My son received the bike for christmas when my daughter had outgrewn it. He was delighted to get his "new" bike.  After two kids riding it this little tricycle looks brand new and it is not for a lack of use.  At one point, my husband accidentally hit the tricycle with the car and all we needed to do was replace a hubcab connector. I called the Radio Flyer company and they sent it out the next day, free of charge.  Talk about customer service!  This is a great company and I have and will continue to buy from them for years to come.