Other Bikes, Scooters & Riding Toys:
Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon

Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon

Pros

Cons

The pathfinder is the best wagon for the price!

Just purchased the Radio Flyer Pathfinder wagon out of necessity for my very tall four year old and his two year old brother.  The wagon was very easy to put together and didn't take any time at all!  It has rubber wheels which are far more durable than those hard plastic ones that can eventually break.  No door on the side like the Step Two version but sits low enough that the kids can easily get in and out.  High back seats with seatbelts and four total cup holders make the ride nice for my boys and safer especially if they start to doze off!  The seats also fold back down to make a flat surface if one falls asleep!  Definitely the best wagon out there for the price I paid!

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either...

First off - I have to disclaim, I don't actually own this wagon, and I won't own it.  The neighbors own this one, and we use it CONSTANTLY.  My daughter loves being in a wagon and as such we spend a lot of time using this one.  A new wagon is soon to be in the works for us though, and we won't be purchasing this one.

The wagon isn't necessarily the fanciest one out there, the folding seats are nice so that there is a higher back behind my daughter and also helps so that we can lay her down when she gets tired as we're out wheeling all around.  The cupholders are nice and the seatbelts are fantastic.  It steers fairly well too.

My biggest complaint is the wheels.  What happened to the nice rubber wheels we used to have.  I dont' like it when the entire neighborhood can hear us coming and going.  It's fine in the grass, but the second we hit the pavement it's like nails on a chalk board!

Aside from that, there are features out there in other wagons that I prefer - canopy covers, cooler attachments, adjustable seats, cooler wagons that attach to the wagon itself, wagons that turn into benches.

THis is a fantastic wagon if you're just wanting the basics, don't get me wrong - but if you'll be on the pavement a lot or if you think you'll want some of those extra features, I'd look for a different one!

Every kid should have a "little red wagon"

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

Radio flyer has gone all out on the design of this cute and practical wagon. This wagon doesn’t rust or squeak. It has a sturdy molded plastic body that is lightweight for lifting it in and out of the car and is ideal for walks with the kids. This wagon is easy to steer and has a base that keeps it from tipping over. The seats are sturdy and will go into a chair position or fold flat that gives plenty of extra space. I admit that I thought the cup holders were a little excessive and then discovered that I use them more than the kids do. One or two children can ride in the wagon and if you have space the wagons are available in a larger model. We based our decision on which wagon to get based on which one fit in the back of the car best. The wagon is perfect for going for a walk or to take when going to a street fair. Even the puppy likes to ride along and that makes everyone happy travelers. Seat cushions and lap throws from grandma are great finishing touches and add a soft place for a nap or to keep the wagon from getting to hot if it has been out in the sun.

Nice stroller with a few extras

from DES MOINES, IA

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

The Radio Fyler Pathfinder wagon is a great wagon for at home and on the go.  It just fits in our trunk so we can take it wherever we go and my kids loves riding in it. The wheels are plastic, not rubber if you are looking at the picture, so I'm not certain how long they will last with regular use.  The greatest features are the seat belt which keep my active, climbing kids where I put them.  I also like how you can fold the seat back down and use it as a flat bed wagon.  Also, the handle folds underneath to help with storage.  This wagon is great for pulling but so much for pushing.  If you're trying to change directions and go back the other way, sometimes you will need to help the  wheels a bit by turning them around.  This wagon works really great on hard surfaces, but I am not sure how long it will last if you went off roading with it.

Overall we're pretty happy with it and our kids like to take rides in it and its a nice alternative to a regular double stroller.

the best wagon made for the price

from Alexandria, LA

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

THIS IS A GREAT WAGON FOR CHILDREN FROM TODDLERS TO 6 YEARS--IT HAS THE DURABILITY OF HARD PLASTIC SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT RUST OR DENTS & DINGS. IT HAS PLENTY OF ROOM SO ATLEAST 2 CHILDREN CAN SIT IN IT COMFORTABLY AND HAVE THEIR OWN SEAT WITH INDIVIDUAL SEATBELTS.

The Radio Flyer Wagon is a life saver!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

We love our Radio Flyer wagon.  Terrific features such as fold down seats to make a flat wagon bed, seat belts, cup holders and an easy fold handle make it a staple for us in the summer.

We have three kids, five year old twins and a four year old and even after two years they still love it.  They take turns in it when we go to the amusement park and the cup holders are great for holding drinks throughout the day.  We love it because it folkds up easily to go into our van and it's lightweight and very durable.

The classic wagons are alot of fun, but it's easy for a child sitting in one to tumble out, this wagon offers a high, safe seatback and seatbelts for safety.

Our four year old is autistic and this gives us a great way to bring him safely along without having to put him in a stroller, and he loves riding in it.  The two seats face each other so the kids can interact, terrific product overall, I highly recommend it!

The Manly Stoller

from Traverse City, MI

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

I definitely agree with the reviewer that said the Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon is better than the stroller. The design is genius: the handle folds down into the wagon so it can fit in the trunk of my tiny car. It is lightweight and easy to maneuver, yet solid and sturdy. This thing has gone with us on and off road for walks and hikes on paved and unpaved surfaces, even to the park and the beach, and it has been great on all of them. The seats also fold down when not in use to form a flat surface inside the wagon that is perfect for toting bags or coolers or whatever. Since I only have one child, I flip one seat up for my son and fold the other seat down so I can tote my gear.

I jokingly refer to this as the "man stroller," because it seems to be the manlier alternative and even my husband will use it! I like the fact that it has a safety strap to hold the child safely in place on those bumpy rides.

The only side note is that this really does not work well for very young babies, like those under a year old or so. It also doesn't have a recline feature, so a child can't drift off to sleep like my son often does on our long walks.

We love our wagon!

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

We have gotten so much use out of our Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon. My mom got the wagon for us as a birthday gift to our children several years ago and we have gotten so much use out of it. The wagon fits two kids with plenty of room to spare. The wagon can be used as an old-fashioned bottomed wagon or the two sides flip up to make seats complete with seat belts. I also love the fact that there are cup holders. We have used our wagon on tons of walks. We even used it for a walk-a-thon. When my kids were starting to ride their bikes I would take the wagon along on the walk. That way if they got too tired to go on or got hurt there was enough room for them to ride and hold their bikes so that we could finish the walk. I am able to fold over the handle and fit it in my van, but I can see how it might be hard to get into a car trunk. I feel the wagon is built very well. After all our use it still looks brand new. The wagon will be hard to give up when my kids outgrow it.

Great wagon

from Irmo, SC

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

My family of four has been very pleased with this Radio Flyer PathFinder wagon. We purchased it after selling our last double stroller. We have four year old twins and they usually want to walk, but sometimes like to ride if we are walking a long way, like at the park or the zoo. It's really nice to have this wagon to pull all of our stuff even when the children want to walk! This wagon is sturdy, easy to pull, and the perfect size for two children. It has space beneath one of the seats for storing a purse or snacks, and the seats can fold down when you just want to ride directly in the bottom of the wagon. One of the features we appreciate is the long handle; it's pretty easy even for a tall adult to comfortably pull. Having been used to luxury double strollers, I was pretty surprised how comfortable I am pulling this wagon with my kids and their stuff in tow. It's a great alternative to a double once your children have outgrown the "sleeping in the stroller" phase.

Great wagon!

from Pickerington, OH

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

This wagon is so fantastic! It is so easy to pull and radio flyer is a great company to work with if you need replacement parts. I accidently tore one of the straps on it and it was super easy to get replacement ones and to install them. This is really fun for kids and most like it much better than a stroller since it is easy for them to play. The kids can face each other and play and there are even cupholders in if for them to put their drinks in if we are going for a long ride. It is very roomy and the kids get so excited about going for a ride in it. It is also nice that the seats fold down so you can use it just to tote things in too. It is easy for kids to pull if they want to try. One of the little kids I take care of likes to fold down the seat, put his toys in it and take them for a ride. I highly recommend this wagon, it is worth every penny and you will get a lot of use out of it!

Fun wagon

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

The Radio Flyer Wagon is a great way to carry your children around. it comes in the typical old fashioned red paint color with the black handle. the handle, i find, is quite adequate for the pulling task. the wheels of the red wagon move easily enough and durability and quality seems to be just fine. the sides of the wagon that form the wall/partition i find is just the right height for a toddler. it is high enough for the toddlers to be kept inside the wagon while low enough to allow easy visibility and interraction with the world around the toddlers. this wagon is a great alternative to a bicycle wagon and is a good way your toddler can rest (too much walking tires them out too much). the toddlers also like to fool around and lug each other around, which i find quite cute. just be careful to always supervise your toddlers as this wagon can potentially get them hurt if you're not careful. Just be extra careful if you know someone is inside the Pathfinder Wagon.

Pathfinder Wagon Is Just Okay

from Janesville, WI

Comments about Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon:

I like our pathfinder wagon, but wish that I had paid a little more for a better one. It's perfect for my two kids. I like that I can lay the backrests down or put them up. It has a deep enough foot area where I can use it for storage when I only have one child in the wagon. If you put both backrests down, you can pile stuff on top of it to store over the winter. I also like that there are seatbelts on the wagon, so I can strap my youngest in without worrying that she'll fall out or try to get out.

It is an easy wagon for portability because you can bend the handle underneath it so you can easily put it in the car to take to the park or zoo.

One big negative with this wagon is it's hard to steer if the heaviest child is sitting closest to the handle. It's nearly impossible to take corners with the weight in the front seat. If the heaviest child or only child is sitting in the back seat, it steers much more easily.