Other Dog Foods:
Rachel Ray
201112504
Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food

Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food

Pros

• Dog likes it (3)
  • Easy to digest (3)
  • Improves coat (3)
  • Nutritional (3)

• Smaller dogs (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (3)

One of the best values you will find

Rachel Ray's Nutrish is definitely one of the best dog foods for the price. The ingredients appear to be of a much higher quality than any other brand with a comparable price. To me, it's a great compromise between the inexpensive kind of junk food and the super expensive grain free brands.
The first ingredient listed on the label on the bag is meat and that's what everyone says to look for. However, it's still not a grain free product which seems to be the best, at least according to popular opinion.
I've had mostly good luck with Rachel Ray's Nutrish. My dogs have always liked it, until recently one has started refusing it. My Pomeranian loves it. She gobbles it down without any hesitation at all. My Stafordshire Bull Terrier on the other hand, has started to smash his face into the bowl and then push the still full food bowl under the microwave stand. I'm not sure if the recipe has recently changed or if maybe it's just this particular bag, but for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to like it anymore.
I wouldn't rate this product down though just based on my dog's recent reaction. I still think that it's a high quality brand of dog food, especially given the price range.
I believe a portion of the proceeds from the dog food purchases benefit an animal charity too, so that is another reason to purchase Rachel Ray's Nutrish.

Nutrish is Delish-READ MY UPDATE!!!

Recently I read several reviews about a dry dog food that I have been feeding to two dogs for almost a year and I was surprised to learn what consumers really think about my choice of dry dog food. It got me thinking that I really need to read the label more carefully before assuming that a dog food is good for my dogs. When I went to the store to purchase more dog food I read all of the labels carefully and decided to try the NUTRISH because the ingredients include foods that are really good for dogs. When I opened the bag of dog food I immediately noticed a wonderful aroma and then I knew that I had chosen wisely. I know that Rachael Ray loves her dog as much as I love mine and I just want to say that I am happy that someone who knows so much about food, and nutrition for humans also knows so much about what dogs need and love. Thanks Rachael! My dogs think Nutrish is delish!

Quality of Ingredients
UPDATE: February 2012

Super ingredients, but not for every dog!!! I found that out the hard way when my dog began to show signs of an allergy to the product.

I was talking to a woman who works for the Humane Society who told me about dogs with allergies. At the time I was at a pet store shopping for flea shampoo for my dog, assuming that her problem was fleas or mites or (Heaven forbid) mange. There was a poor little dog in need of adoption that suffered from allergies and the woman told me all about 'hot spots'. This was the first time that I have ever heard about dogs being allergic to their dog food. Immediately I realized that this is what my dog has...'hot spots'. So the woman and I talked about allergies and she suggested that I should stop feeding my dog beef flavored dog food. Nutrish does have a chicken variety, but it is difficult to find and even after switching to the Nutrish Chicken flavored dog food my dog still had the 'hot spots'. The dog food that I bought previously is also difficult to find, so I decided to try something different. I am now feeding my dog IAMS Healthy Naturals Wholesome Chicken. The 'hot spots' have cleared completely. Her fur is not as shinny as it was when I fed her the Nutrish, but she was bleeding when she urinated and that is not something that I never want to see happen again!

Sorry Rachel, I know that you love your dog too and you would not want mine to suffer!

September 20, 2012
UPDATE
My beloved Bella has been doing extremely well since I switched her to the IAMS HEALTHY NATURALS Wholesome Chicken dry dog food. I am afraid to change her diet now.

Flavor Selection
I love the selection options, but my dog has special needs.

He likes it !

from Baltimore Md.

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Older Dogs

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

For years I fed my dog Purina, I had read where some purina foods were being recalled for Antifreeze in the food but mine was never on the list. When he was about 9 yrs old he began getting sick. The vet was clueless saying he seemed to be aging far too fast. I took him home and decided right there to start making his food . Putting nutrition first. I read the back of my dog food bag and there it was. Propylene glycol. It takes years to destroy your dogs system and remains controversial.I began making his food and searching for a food that was agreeable to him , Nutritious, safe and affordable. NOT HAPPENING. For the next year I made all of his meals. Expensive and time consuming. I noticed his teeth needed more brushing and his coat was not a nice but he was feeling great. Someone gave me a handful of their dogs Nutrish. He wasn't crazy about it at first but he ate it, Umm crunch ( clean teeth!) I bought a bag and read the ingredients. I liked what I saw. I began adding it a little at a time to his food. It's working. His teeth are cleaner and his coat is softer. I haven't completely switched him yet but it's coming. It's a little pricier than some but it's worth it and there are generally coupons available. As a plus. Nutrish regularly contributes to animal charities.

One of the best values you will find

from Southfield, MI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

• Active Dogs
    • Larger Dogs

Great Switch !

from Mesa, AZ

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs
    • Older Dogs
    • Special Needs

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

I have tried lots of food with my Dachshunds They love this one. As the price was lower than most of the natural foods, I tried this one, we are on our 5th bag of it. My boys like it, they don't eat as much nor do they "poop" as much. Their energy is up and they look great ! As they love chicken, we use this one.

My dogs did not like this at all!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

My son picked up this dog food at the store. Even though this wasn't their regular brand, I thought I would give it a try for my dogs. I love that this product had natural ingredients. The fact it didn't have the by products listed as first couple ingredients was a plus. I mixed a little in with my dogs other food so they would get used to it gradually and not have problems with the change. Well, after a week I added in more and more to the mix. Then I noticed they weren't eating this product. They would nose the mix around eating the other food. They did not like this product. I tried and tried, but finally gave in, and threw the rest away.

Quality of Ingredients
    It seems like the ingredients were of good quality. Natural meat and vegetables sounded great. No fillers.

Flavor Selection
    I didn't see but a couple of options for this brand. My dogs like the chicken dog food products which seems to work well for them, but they just didn't take to this brand at all. So I won't be buying this again in the future.

Delicious and Good for Your Dog

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

The main reason I bought this dog food was that I love Rachel Ray. All her food looks delicious and I figured she had to put some love and taste into her brand of dog food as well. I take care of my neighbors dog at times and she loves this food. It is full of quality ingredients and high protein. It is not filled with alot of junk and fillers. She gobbles this food right down. It does not upset her stomach. It is a quality dog food. It costs a bit more but is worth it for the quality ingredients. the dog's coat looks shinier and she seems to have more energy. She loves the chicken flavor too! The food is good for all breeds as well as small, medium or large dogs. I think it would be good for puppies as well as it is full of healthy ingredients. I recommend this dog food for any dog owner. You can't go wrong because your dog will love it and there won't be any stomach upset. I have only seen it in the Chicken flavor at my store but it may come in other flavors as well.

Great dog food!

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

I received a sample of Rachael Ray Nutrish dog food in the mail after requesting the sample on the Nutrish website. My lean, 14 year old Shitz Tsu walks on the treadmill for exercise every day. To reward him, I put a few pieces of kibble on the side of the treadmill. He knows he gets a treat when he finishes his walk. As soon as the treadmill stops, he goes straight to the Nutrish and gobbles it up. I often see him go look at the treadmill throughout the day to see if there's any left. He loves it!!

The sample came with a money off coupon, so I used it and coupons I printed from coupons.com to purchase three bags of the Nutrish. I like to stock up when I have coupons. I store any extra opened bags in double ziplock bags in the deep freeze to help it maintain its freshness longer.

Quality of Ingredients
    I love that the first thing on the ingredient list is US Farm raised chicken. There are no fillers, chicken by-products, or wheat in it. It also has anti-oxidants, Omega 3 & 6, as well as calcium to give my little guy a healthy diet for a long, healthy life.

Flavor Selection
    The Rachael Ray Nutrish comes in several flavors. I purchase the Real Chicken & Veggie Recipe. My dog loves it and often paws at his dish to ask for more.

A win for Rachel Ray!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

I did a fair amount of research before I purchased this food. I hate feeding anything to my dog that might upset his stomach or anything that has a ridiculous amount of preservatives in it. I originally got the food as a sample and he really loved it, so I too more time to look up information on it before I bought a whole bag. The dry chicken food is the best to me. It is made without preservatives and is very naturally nutritious. My dog is not as active as I'd like him to be, so this food is good for him because he does not gain any unnecessary weight from eating it. He actually has lost a little weight since I started giving this to him. This food is easy on his stomach and he has not gotten sick once since he started eating it. I would definitely recommend this food to other people who have dogs. If you are looking for a natural food that is great for your dog, this is the way to go! Rachel Ray knocked one out of the park with this food!

• Flavor Selection:

A healthier option of dog food.

from Austin, Tx

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

I absolutely love Rachel Ray's line of dog food. They are so much healthier than regular traditional dog food brands out there these days that are packed full of artificial ingredients, animal by product meal and etc. I feel completely comfortable only feeding my dog Rachel Ray's Nutrish with real chicken and my dog loves it.

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients in Rachel Ray's Nutrish with real chicken are very much more healthful than certain big name market brands of dog food out. It is made with actual real chicken not random animal by product meal from over seas which is basically scraps of whichever animals the company feels suited to put into the dog food. With this brand, you know a hundred percent what you are getting and that is very important when it comes to the health of our beloved pets. There are no artificial additives, flavors or colors which I love and is also beneficial in aiding optimal health in my dog. A little over a year ago before finding Rachel Ray's line of dog food I had unfortunately for a few weeks fed my dog a very cheap and non nutritional brand of dog food, sadly never realizing at the time just how important the brand of dog food we feed our dog's are. Needless to say the cheap dog food made her absolutely sick. I started noticing she would dry heave and actually vomit countless times a day and was beginning to lose muscle mass and weight until I realized what the culprit was for her declining health. It was the cheap, non nutritional dog food I had been feeding her. I read the ingredient list thoroughly and was shocked at how bad it was and felt so horrible that I had fed her basically crap for weeks. I immediately switched her dog food to Rachel Ray's and ever since she has been completely healthy, her coat shines, she has energy, a healthy weight and has never vomited since. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone who wants their pet to have vitality and optimal health. It is worth it.

Flavor Selection
    The flavor selections typically range from chicken, beef and turkey but are sure to satisfy you're dog's taste buds.

Awesome Dog Food

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

I had received a free sample of this dog food to try and absolutely fell in love with how great it was. This dog food is such high quality ingredients. We gave this sample to my grandmother for her dog and you would not want to feed your dog something that you yourself would not want to eat. The dog is part of the family so its health is very important to us. The quality of the ingredients was so great that people could take a quick sample to try it. The dog absolutely loved it, it was very easy to switch from its other dog food. The one down side is that it is more expensive but the quality of the ingredients is great. Overall this is one of the best dog foods that I have found that is out on the market.

Quality of Ingredients
    Very good quality ingredients. Not filled with chemicals and things that you do not know what they are.

Flavor Selection
    Has great options for flavors, also great options for different diets that dogs need to be on. It seems that the dog digests this very easily and that the dog does not need to eat as much as the other types of foods.

My Doggie's Favorite!

Comments about Rachel Ray Nutrish with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food:

This is my picky poodle's favorite dog food! She is such a picky eater that she will usually only eat what the family is eating and seldom ever eats dog food, hard or wet. When we offer her other brands of food she will only eat a bite or two here and there, just enough to keep her from starving until someone else is eating. When we started offering her Rachel Ray Nutrish Real Chicken Dry Dog Food, she actually began to eat enough dog food that she no longer was begging for food anytime someone would eat. I find that I have to refill her food bowl at least once a day, sometimes more. I love that it offers her a complete balanced diet and it provides her with real chicken and vegetables. I also love that buy purchasing Rachel Ray's Nutrish dog food we are helping to fund animal rescue charities. It's a win for my beloved doggie and for others waiting for their furever homes.