Other Cookwares:

Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid

Pros

Cons

You will love food cooked in this pan

There are a lot of choices out there and over the years I have spent a lot on cooking pans but think these pans will last. Yes, they are heavy but do such a great job of cooking and the clean up is easy as well. And who doesn't love colors in the kitchen.

Doesn't Stick
I love the easy clean up although I still use the cooking spray as insurance. I love being able to use these pans on top of burner or in the oven. Easy clean up is a bonus.

Heat Distribution
The heat distribution is even regardless of cooking on a burner or in the oven. I love being able to brown a roast on a burner....add potatoes, carrots, and onion. Put it in the over and know it will hold the juices and not go dry. I even used this pan to cook a prime rib that requires a high heat for a hour and then dropping the temperature low to finish cooking. The meat turned out great. done on the outside with pink in the middle.

Ease of Handling
This pan is heavy and not for the weak but it minus is what makes it work. The lid seals the pan and does a great job so just plan on muscle or someone there to help you lift the pan when it's time to take it out of the oven.

Overall I love the easy cleaning of this pan. The only problem is the weight of the pan. I found that the pan is a lot easier to move around when it is cool so I just set it aside as it is still easy to do cleanup once it has cooled down.

The size of this pan works great for a larger roasts. This is the perfect pan when you want to make grandma's spaghetti sauce that you need to simmer for several hours. These pans are now available in colors and that's always fun.

This pan doesn't discolor with use and temperature changes. Ideal when you want a pan to last. I think these pans would make a perfect gift.

Rachael Ray's dutch oven does not perform.

I bought my Rachael Ray 6 quart cast iron dutch oven covered in enamel specifically for cooking coq au vin. I loved the color (lime green) and shape (oval). It is nice and heavy with a sturdy, tight-fitting lid. The first time I cooked in it, I found that it does not heat evenly the way cast iron is known for. I was browning chicken in it, and the pieces in the middle burned before the ones on the outer sides even browned. I think the oval shape, though trendy and funky, contributes to this problem. For simmering stews or gumbo, it works fine. The main problem with heating comes when I am browing or searing meat. After using my dutch oven, I discovered that it is virtually impossible to get clean. I handwashed it according to manufacturer's instructions, and it still had stains from browned meat on it. Every time I cook in it, it gets more and more stained. These are not flecks of food that won't scratch off- they are stains. The lime green color has also become distorted since putting it in the oven.

Consistent cooking results, and in my favorite color too!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

This is a very sturdy dish, and I turn to it for most of my baking projects. It heats evenly and well, and my casseroles and lasagnas are cooked consistently. It also comes in a very sharp and pretty orange, my favorite color, that goes with my kitchen theme.

Doesn't Stick
It does a little, especially cheeses that get scalded., but the surface is not difficult to clean. Most of the time, though, food does not stick.

Heat Distribution
It distributes heat very evenly. I have not found and hot or cold spots, and my food cooks thoroughly and evenly.

Ease of Handling
I must double mitt for this one because it gets hot, but it is made of cast iron after all. It is also heavy, so I handle to carefully and slowly. The design of the coated top handle for lid removal is clever because I can take the lid off with a single mitted hand and not feel the heat. There are also two large side handles to grasp when moving the dish, so that helps.

I have to scrub it sometimes, but I expect that when I do cooking experiments. But, most of the time, it comes clean quickly.

Very pleasing oval shape with two handles and a bright orange finish.

Being sturdy iron, it has held up for 7 years and will likely become an heirloom.

• Ease of Handling:

Cast Iron Dutch oven is awesome.

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

When I first saw the Rachael Ray cast iron cookware, I really wanted one. I loved the bright blue and the bright orange color and I had been in the market for a cast iron dutch oven for some time. I really wanted to purchase the larger cast iron dutch oven, but due to the cost, I chose to give the smaller dutch over a try. I have been over the moon excited with my Rachael Ray cast iron dutch oven. I love that I can use the dutch oven inside the oven or on my cooktop. The dutch oven is definitely a multi purpose. I use the dutch oven for cooking meat or for cooking vegetables. The Rachel Ray dutch oven is fashionable to sit directly on the table.

Doesn't Stick
This is a non stick item and it is extremely easy to wash up.

Heat Distribution
It does a terrific job of containing and distributing heat.

Ease of Handling
Because of the cast iron the product is a little heavy, but it very manageable.

Very easy to clean. Due to the nonstick coating, the item cleans up remarkably well.

Great design, great color.

I have had this item for approximately seven years now and it is as good as new.

Rachael Ray does it again! Great little dutch oven

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

Like I said in a previous review, I love all things Rachael Ray and I think her products are superior to most of the celebrity chefs out there. The reason I got this particular Dutch Oven was because I wanted to make a 'slow cook meal' without a crock pot. When I got it, I was surprised as how durable it is. Its very heavy and seems to be made very well. I have cooked with it on both gas cook tops and electric and it cooks well on either surface. It can also go in the oven to finish cooking things if you don't want to leave your stove top on for extended periods of time. I found that I didn't have to soak it very long to break up the cooked on residue, and that it actually seems to do fine in the dishwasher. All in all I would say this is a great value for the money.

Doesn't Stick
Food doesn't stick inside, but cooked on food residue might, just soak for a little bit and it should wash right off. I also put it in the dishwasher

A must have

from reading pa

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

I never had a dutch iven before this one, I love mine so much it is a great investment or gift you can give to yourself or someone else. I do follow the directions and not put it in a dishwasher and hand wash it, which is not a big deal. This pot is one of the easiest dishes to wash, anything that may be stuck on it comes off very easily. It heats your food evenly which helps the entire pot to cook at the same time.The color on the outside does not fade after using or washing. It is a very versatile pot that can be used for multiple different types of meals.

Doesn't Stick
Nothing seems ti stick to the inside of this pan. If it does it seems to easily come off. I have burnt something in this and that came off easily as well.

Heat Distribution
Heats very evenly which is good when cooking.

Ease of Handling
It is a heavy pot but with a dutch oven that is what I am expected.

Wipes out clean easily. Just should not really use in the dishwasher.

Very nice sturdy piece to cook and serve in.

Love how heavy and sturdy this piece is.

You will love food cooked in this pan

from Peoria, AZ

• Ease of Handling:

This Dutch Oven is a Must!

from Evergreen Park, IL

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

I received this Dutch Oven as a gift a couple years ago. I asked for it after watching Rachael Ray use it a bunch on her cooking show 30 Minute Meals. The first thing I noticed when I opened it up was that it was very heavy; a good sign for a cast iron Dutch Oven. It is enamel glazed though so you don't have to season it. The first thing I used it to make was a pot roast. It worked perfectly. I was able to get a nice sear on the meat and then it turned out butter tender after it simmered for a few hours. I've done this on the stove top and put it in the oven and both methods work really great. Its usually pretty easy to clean but if there are some stubborn bits soaking it for a while does the trick. The one thing I don't like about it is that after owning if for two years its a little chipped. Nothing major, just 3-4 small chips on the enamel, but still I think it should be tougher than than. I take good care of it and never put it in the dishwasher. Other than that, its a great pot in my arsenal.

Rachael Ray's dutch oven does not perform.

from Wylie, TX

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

Rachael Ray dutch oven is the best I have ever own.

from Fort Campbell, KY

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

The Rachael Ray dutch oven is the best one I have ever owned.  During cooking the heating is evenally distributed through out the dutch oven.  Even cooking allows the food to be cooked and there fore you dont have to worry abou the food being under cooked food.

The clean up of the dutch oven is super easy.  The color on the outside does not fade after heating or clean up.  I use a mild soap to clean mine.  I do not dish wash the Rachael Ray oven and it is Recommended not to place the Rachael Ray Dutch oven in a dish washer.

I have a Orange Rachael Ray dutch oven and I have used it many, many, many times and the color is still a virbarnt as it was the day I purchased it.

I have used my Rachael Ray dutch oven straight from the fridge to the oven with out any fears of damaging the Rachael Ray dutch oven.   The lid that comes with the Rachael Ray dutch oven makes it to pop on the dutch oven and store left overs in the fridge.

I plan on purchasing more Rachael Ray products for they are a great investment.

stains and chips

from Moberly, MO

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

I got the cast iron cookware for Christmas.  I love the way it holds heat and heats evenly.  The downside is that the coating chips very easily and it also stains badly.  Otherwise I love this pan.  Just have to learn to live with the chipping and staining.

the rachael ray cast iron pot is the best cookware i ever used

from Highland, MI

Comments about Rachael Ray Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid:

I love this pot !! I received the rachael ray cast iron pot as a christmas gift and it was my favorite. It heats up quickly and hold the heat for even cooking. Everything I have roasted in it has come out very tender.The clean up of this pot is very easy. Go out and get this pot right away.