3.2

RCA - Small Wonder Camcorder

3.2

Not Worth It

Comments about RCA - Small Wonder Camcorder:

Just to start off with, as I said in the title, this RCA Small Wonder Camcorder just really isn't worth it. This product is basically a glorified, bulky cell phone camera.

The quality is quite literally that of a mid-range cell phone. Most people who own digital cameras with a video recording feature (as most of them do these days) will be better off using that than this thing. The overall design and physical quality is very low, with cheap, plastic parts.

Now, this camcorder is exceedingly easy to use. The interface is simple and, I have to admit, it works. I could maybe see this product for an older person who doesn't have a smart phone or a digital camera with video recording capabilities. Or you could just buy them a digital camera...

Some may say the price is a good deal, but you would be much better putting that money towards a better, higher-quality product, even if you have to pay a bit more.

• Battery Life:

GREAT LITTLE CAMERA

from Stuarts Draft, VA

Comments about RCA - Small Wonder Camcorder:

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST BUDGET FRIENDLY DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDERS I'VE FOUND. IT'S EASY TO USE AND EASY TO SHARE.  TAKES GREAT VIDEO AND IS WONDERFUL FOR A NOT SO TECHY PERSON WHO ENJOYS THE QUALITY AND EASE OF DIGITAL CAMERAS. I HAD BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING AFFORDABLE THAT BOTH MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND COULD USE.. IT'S SO SIMPLE MY 12YR OLD HANDLES IT LIKE A PRO.

As Easy As A Cell Phone

from Thousand Oaks, CA

Comments about RCA - Small Wonder Camcorder:

Cute camera!  Particularly great for places where a larger, more obvious camera would be a problem.  Shaped like a cell phone and housed in a little velvet black bag, mine fit right in when I taped scenes from a recent play.  Inside the dark theater it still caught the light just right and allowed me to zoom in on individual actors without being disturbing to them or to anyone around me.  Once home I simply downloaded the scenes and enjoyed them on my computer.  It fits in a purse easily or looks great being carried. Picture quality could have been better.  Had this been something where I had more freedom to roam and more lighting and permission to be filming, truthfully, I would have preferred to use my Canon.  I'm one of those who believes that nothing is ever better than Canon!  But for a pinch or within the right circumstances this is a great electronic, convenient, stylish and a good performer for what it needs to be in the right situation.

Looking at it from another perspective, the ease of handling and manageability makes it a great videocam for kids too - a holiday gift that will entertain for hours without great financial loss if damaged.  Enjoy mine every time I use it!

Not very good

from Elk Grove, CA

Comments about RCA - Small Wonder Camcorder:

I just got this camcorder for my birthday 2 weeks ago and I must say that I am thoroughly disappointed. I had high hopes when I heard a relative was going to be purchasing this for me, but once I opened it, I was immediately shocked by how cheap it is. I can't tell what the material is that it is made out of, but all I know is that is feels very cheaply made. If I dropped it by accident on the sidewalk, I have no doubt that it would shatter as if it were glass.

But I figured I got it for free, so why not give it a shot? Well I did and I have to say that is disappointed me only further. The quality is not very good at all and my digital camera has a much, MUCH higher video quality than this camcorder. I've got friends with video capabilities on their cell phones that make the quality of this video seem 19th century. But I guess you get what you pay for and if you aren't willing to shell out the big bucks, you're going to get stuck with something like this.

All in all, save your money and buy something of higher quality overall. You may be tempted by the cheapness of this product, but heed my warning: spend a little more and you'll be much happier.

Great little video recorder

from White Salmon, WA

Comments about RCA - Small Wonder Camcorder:

I bought this on sale because it was cute and affordable. Much to my surprise it is a great little addition to my purse. It is easy to carry with me at all times and takes good videos. I have a 3 year old grandson and enjoy having the camera with me to record his anticks. It is easy to use and can take up to 6 hours of video with a card. The USB plug slides easily in and out of it's port for safe keeping and downloading to the computer is easy as well. The only down side I have found with this little device is that it goes through batteries quickly so I have to carry batteries with also.