4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Quilted softness for my what?

Ok, sometimes less is more, but not in the case of my toilet tissue. The thought of a 3ply toilet tissue sounded great so I was thrilled to find **Quilted Northern Bathroom Tissue Ultra Plush Double Rolls (6 pack)** in my bathroom.

**What I like about Quilted Northern Bathroom Tissue Ultra Plush Double Rolls (6 pack)**:

- 3ply

- super soft

- absorbent

- thick

- 100% biodegradable

- really does the job

- no "waste" that needs extra care and cleaning

**What I don't like about Quilted Northern Bathroom Tissue Ultra Plush Double Rolls (6 pack):**

- thick - makes me worry about toilet clogs

- hard to tear sheets

**Quilted Northern Bathroom Tissue Ultra Plush Double Rolls (6 pack)** really are just about the perfect toilet tissue. The double rolls means I don't have to change the roll in my bathrooms very often. The thick tissue means that the whole family doesn't have to "work" too hard for clean and freshness. With two little newly potty trained kids in the household though the tough to tear sheets means I am depending on their [Huggies Pull Ups Just for Kids Flushable Moist Wipes][1] for them to make sure mom isn't spending all her time in the bathroom!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Huggies-Pull-Ups-Just-for-Kids-Flushable-Moist-Wipes-reviews

Comfort
Very comfortable and super soft.

Almost too good, sheets can be hard to tear.

Absorption
But I do worry about clogs.

Northern Tissue's quality and size is diminishing.

For several years my family had used Quilted Northern Tissue and had been very satisfied.  It was soft but strong.   Also, it was a full size roll which Charmin had decided not to be.  Recently we have noticed a big change in the tissue: it's not as soft; it tears more readily when used; and the rolls are now a full half inch shorter.  You can really notice the size difference when a roll is placed on a tissue holder.  There is noticably more spindle showing.  When stacked in a tissue holder there is much more room left between the top of the last roll and the top of the container.  The rolls look like minatures.

More than the mear appearance difference, the smaller size means more tissue is needed to do the same job.  Because the pieces are not as wide they require a longer piece when used.  A new roll does not last as long as the old roll.

Northen was never the cheapest tissue but we were willing to pay more for a better product.  Quality and price usually go hand-in-hand.  Guess what.  With the changes the price has not gone down.   Guess what else.  We are looking for an alternative tissue.  Sorry Northern, but you made the product and the problem.   I see no sense in paying more for less.  Bye, bye.

Soft and Fluffy

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

I found this product on a deal (of the century). So I tried it. It is soff, fluffy, does not fall apart easily and is NOT cheap! I actuall feel like it's a 4.5...This will now be added to my list of pick up whenever I find a deal.

Comfort
Soft and comfy. Not harsh or uncomfortable.

Absorption
Does not fall apart as soon as it gets wet.

Sensitive skin look out!

from Monroe, GA

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

I bought the ultra plush double roll, so needless to say I was looking for softness and quality that would last a long time before having to reorder. But, I found myself wanting each roll to used up as fast as possible. Which each roll didn't last that long anyhow even though they were "double" rolls, thank goodness! The paper pills leaving little bits and pieces you know where and it irritated my you know what. I didn't really know it was the paper till I tried using another brand for a few days and then going back to the Quilted Northern. I don't know what they put in this stuff but it really does irritate your skin. I guess it must be the chemicals used to soften it and make it feel plush.. which it sorta does when you're holding it in your hand. But using it to wipe you clean Very disappointed, and when it was all gone at long last I breathed a sigh of relief and will never every buy this version of Quilted Northern again.

Comfort
The paper pills anThe paper pills leaving little bits and pieces you know where and it irritated my you know what. I didn't really know it was the paper till I tried using another brand for a few days and then going back to the Quilted Northern. I don't know what they put in this stuff but it really does irritate your skin. I guess it must be the chemicals used to soften it and make it feel plush.. which it sorta does when you're holding it in your hand. But using it to wipe you clean and leaves and having a feeling of clean afterwards is near impossible.

The little pills get stick every place you can imagine when you wipe. You'll find them in your pants the next time you go to the bathroom. Lolz! And the paper sorta breaks apart as you're trying to wipe. So you'll need to use more than normal in order to keep your fingers clean, wasteful and nasty. This makes the rolls go pretty fast. I don't normally buy cheap paper under any circumstances because they aren't usually of good quality and this made me embarrassed to let people into my restroom because of the way the paper preformed.

Absorption
It does absorb very well, but because the paper already leaves pills when dry and breaks apart even more when wet and leaves behind more mess, I'm putting good.

Soft and Plush

from Bellmore, NY

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

I was totally shocked to find how soft and plus this toilet paper felt as I am a charmin customer and tried this as I could not find my regular brand and thought it was great going to start using it and think it is even cheaper
when I find a product I am happy with I tend to stick with it and also tell my friends about it and now many like me were shocked to find that after many many years of being a loyal customer to charmin I have changed and doubt I will go back to using it anymore now that I have found the new quilted northern it is great, and feels wonderful and makes you feel clean and refreshed after using it a great product and I am sure you will fell the same if you try it

Comfort
the best and not the most expensive

seems great so far

Absorption
does not have any problems as it is rather thick

• Absorption:

Has gone from a great product to a lousy product almost overnigh

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

I switched from Charmin to Quilted Northern several years ago. I liked it a lot. All of a sudden, I'm very unhappy with it. It rips, tears and crumples on impact, no matter how gentle I try to be. I am looking for a tougher paper today and will never use Quilted Northern again!

• Absorption:

Quilted softness for my what?

from Houston, TX

- no "waste" that needs extra care and cleaning

- thick - makes me worry about toilet clogs

- hard to tear sheets

Comfort
Very comfortable and super soft.

Almost too good, sheets can be hard to tear.

Absorption
But I do worry about clogs.

• Absorption:

Its better than a lot others

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

I have used various rolls and trust me I put a lot of faith when I bough this one. I had a coupon and i thought I should try something new and I was not too pleased with them.

Cons:- Well, I was reminded of those teddy ads where the bath roll is too soft where it just become like feathers and gosh whoosh... I was not too please. Its almost like it give you paper Flayaways and its too soft. The playng of this tissue rool is not good either, the top you do see a nice quilted sheet and it is soft. But when you look at the oter side of the tissue Voila its absolutely plain and thin and not strong at all. I really had a good opinion about this brand and I though it was among the top 5 until I used it.

Angel soft even though is not the best still stands above compared to this one. Everyone has a choice but for me it was not good enough. Will post pictures of what I thought was wrong with it. I realize how important it is when you write something as it helps others choose and not pick what has not worked for you.

They need to make it stronger and not soo flakyy where its almost collapses at your first touch. Its not too flimsy yet I expected more from it.

UPdated: Feb 2012
I have been using these for over an year and my opinion is more positive for them. They are bigger and softer. My husband likes this brand and men usually have not much opinion. So this is good. But its not like and astonishing out of the world product. better than store brands for sure.

• Absorption:

Quilted Northern Ultra Plush is all my husband will use!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

My husband is a die-hard Quilted Northern user. We used to exclusively use Quilted Northern in the pink wrapper. When they discontinued it, we tried a few other brands. Nothing passed my husband's toilet paper test. He kept complaining that he missed his Quilted Northern. I bought regular Quilted Northern, but that wasn't right, either. Then I saw Quilted Northern Ultra Plush in the store and bought a smal package. Score! My husband loved it and declared it was our new toilet paper of choice! It is soft, plush, but doesn't feel thick enough to cause plumbing issues. It is a big roll, and sometimes makes it tough for my kids to get paper of off a full roll - our bathrooms are from 1939 and have tile toilet paper dispensers which are set into the wall, so until a bit has been used they will not unroll well for little hands. Aside from that, we have no complaints! We love love love our Quilted Northern!

Soft and strong

Strong!!

Absorption
Just fine, no complaints!

• Absorption:

Quilted Northern might work well, but it's too expensive.

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

Quilted Northern always used to be my toilet paper brand of choice because it is what I grew up using. Back in the day, Northern is all my mom would buy. However, now that I'm the one buying the toilet paper for my family, I cannot rationalize the expense of paying so much for something just to wipe with when it only works maybe five percent better than cheaper brands. Northern doesn't tear off easily, so you end up using more than you intended to. It still leaves that toilet paper fuzz or even large pieces on your backside or on the floor like other toilet papers. I've also found that Northern causes clogs more than other toilet papers...probably caused by having to use more because it didn't tear off the roll right in the first place. I won't spend all of that extra money on what is essentially just paper when other papers work nearly as well for a much cheaper price. Maybe they are charging extra for just the name, or for the pretty patterns, but really, does toilet paper really need a pretty pattern? Not when I'm paying for it.

• Absorption:

Quilted Norther Ultra Plush is our new favorite.

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

Quilted Northern is a very high quality bathroom tissue.   My husband is very, very picky about all of the disposable household paper products we purchase and has a favorite brand for each individual item.  Because of this, I was a little concerned to purchase the new Quilted Northern Ultra Soft toilet paper but I am never one to pass up a good deal so when I was able to combine a sale price and a coupon to make it cost less than our usual toilet paper of choice I decided to try it.  I was impressed with the thickness and the absorbancy of this toilet paper.  It was difficult to learn that I didn't need to use as much as some of the other brands because of this.  My husband on the other hand wasn't so easily swayed.  He was very concerned to see the new tissue in the bathroom but due to lack of a better alternative he used it.  He decided it was an acceptable alternative.  That being said I won't being paying the extra for it.

My perferred TP

from Sunnyvale, CA

Comments about Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bathroom Tissue:

Everyone that knows me, knows that I like to find a great deal but I'm very picky about a few certain items. Toilet Paper is one of those items since I seem to use a lot of it. I've tried many different brands and I've settled on this one in particular. The reasons, its soft but strong enough that it doesn't tear easily. It's aso fairly absorbant. It's nice to know I don't have a messy hand after I wipe. Just don't forget to wash your hands.. that's always a must.The only con I have is that Quilted Northern is more expensive then some other brands. I only big this item in a large bulk size (it'll usually last me a good three or more months) that's on sale and I have a coupon. Coupons don't come by for this item very often which is sad exspecially in this recession. But with the plan mentioned above, I usually have time to wait and look for a good deal on sales and hopefully a coupon will be available at the same time.

Overall, I love this toliet paper and haven't switch to anything else for over a year.