3.2

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:
    • Absorption:

Nice product but if these are their DOUBLE rolls, God help us!

For most of my life, I have been a devoted fan of Kimberly Clark products but recently my opinion of Scott Tissue has taken a beating.  To make a long story short, I started shopping around for new toilet paper.  Among my experiments has been **Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue**.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue** is clearly a step up from what Scott Tissue is today.  ***Quilted Northern*** is a nice uniform, double-ply tissue sporting a neatly-crafted "quilted" pattern and wonderful softness.  The strength of **Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue** is not enough to write postcards home about but it still is a quality product.  What disturbs me is the **amount** of tissue in the package which presumably contains 12 double rolls (or the equivalent of 24 "regular" rolls).  If these are **really** double rolls by anybody's standards than God help us all because the regular rolls must be of pitiful dimensions indeed.

**HERE'S WHAT I REALLY LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:**

When I'm trying a new product for the first time, I tend to get nosy and prone to checking out the product's website, especially for feedback from other customers.  Sure enough, Georgia Pacific has been getting complaints from other customers about the size of the rolls, especially that the width of the rolls has been craftily reduced.  In another company's website, these negative remarks might have been loftily ignored or perhaps not included at all, but here is what I like about all this:  a reply was posted by a G.P. employee who admitted that the size of the rolls had been reduced.  In her words to a customer who raised the concern:

*... I understand your concerns. I can explain some reasons behind the changes. Because of today’s economy, cost is a factor. We made the decision to slightly reduce the roll to bring you the bathroom tissue you trust and not raise our price to retailers, which could pass on the cost to our customers. In addition, the change in roll width allowed us to reduce packaging and to generate transportation efficiencies which lessen our impact on the environment.* *If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post. We hope you'll continue to be a loyal consumer.*

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

**Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue** may not be the ultimate answer for me as far as toilet paper is concerned but I am impressed at the honesty of Georgia Pacific and their thoughtful responses to sometimes irate customers on their website **quiltednorthern.com**.  This may not be the best bathroom tissue value out there but I would surely recommend it as a close contender not only for its inherent quality but also the responsive integrity of its manufacturer.

Comfort
Nice, soft tissue.

It's okay in this regard.

Absorption
Pretty good.

New Northern Soft and Strong is like Sandpaper!

I have been a devoted Northern user for decades. Seriously, I am a brand loyalist. But I am now going to switch brands. The New Northern Soft and Strong is rough and abrasive. I have always used Northern for removing mascara because the job doesn't require a whole facial tissue. The new Northern is too rough for makeup removal or any facial contact. In fact, it is irritating on any sensitive areas. Please mothers, do not use this on your infants! I do not want to switch to their Ultra Plush triple-ply because it is a rip-off. You get less TP by length and by squares per role. Plus, it is dusty. The original Northern was plenty soft enough. It was just right. I never found it to be "not strong enough." It was the perfect blend of softness and strength, and I have always liked the aesthetics of the quilts. If they change it back, I'll return. Otherwise, I'm on a search for new TP.

Quilted Northern Soft & Strong is not as strong as you expect

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I remember using Quilted Northern when I was little. I haven't been purchasing it for a long time because I tend to buy toliet paper with coupons and I hardly can find any coupons for this brand. I saw a 50% off sale in a store one day and I immediately bought several packages of them. I even told another customer in the store that this is one of the best toliet paper and you can never find such a good deal.

The toliet paper is soft, just like most of the other brands, but not as soft as I can remember. I think this may have been caused by the less noticable quilted pattern appearance? It has good absorbent. The best part is that it does not leave little paper bits like brands such as Cottonelle or Charmin. The problem is it is not that strong. It is stronger than Cottonelle but I can easily poke a hole in it after folding the paper twice. Don't expect this toliet paper to be as strong as Scott. Another annoying part is that it is very hard to peel out the paper when starting a new roll. The edge is completely sealed with glue and I often end up tearing open several layers in order to open a new roll. I see that a big issues for elderly people.

Soft and Strong

from Apache Junction, AZ

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

This is definitely the best toilet paper.  Sure there are some that are cheaper, but this one is strong soft durable and lasts.  I always buy it in the double rolls because they last longer and I hate running out

Quilted Northern is My Favorite Toilet Paper!

from Roseville, MI

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I have tried so many different types of toilet paper.  There are some I would never spend my money on again.  Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue is my all-time favorite toilet paper!  I have been so impressed with the size of the rolls, how long it lasts in our house, and the quality of the paper itself.  We have been able to reduce the amount of toilet paper per use, while still providing the exact care needed to be dry and clean.

The product provides comfort and strength, just as the packaging promises.  My daughter is young and usually uses so much toilet paper, but has really dropped the amount because she feels confident that she will be clean without a big wad.  I have a picky husband, and he also seems to be very satisfied with the quality and comfor this product provides.

I have been able to pair sales with coupons to get this at a very affordable price.  You have a customer for life.

Quilted Northern - Don't Shrink My Favorite Roll!

from San Luis Obispo, CA

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

In the past several months, something TERRIBLE has happened. It has concerned me and upset my daily existence. I am confused and unsure of which way to turn!

QUILTED NORTHERN TISSUE HAS BEEN SHRINKING THEIR ROLLS!!!

I am heartbroken. Who knew that my favorite toilet paper would go CHEAP on me (and NOT in a good way)!?

In the past, all I would buy was Quilted Northern (of any size roll). It had the best texture paper (not too soft, not too rough), a pleasant embossed design, and my preference - unscented. I hardly liked any other brands - they were too soft, they fell apart, the rolls were too small.

If they were so popular with me and with so many other people, why in the world would they want to mess up a good thing by so obviously cheating us on the amount of paper we get? This has been a problem with many grocery products these days - shrinkage! It is so disappointing.

I bought a good quality store brand toilet paper the other day (it may be just the brand I will switch to permanently!). I measured the generic roll, and I measured the Northern roll, and the Northern roll was 3/8ths of an inch narrower!

I hope that Northern reconsiders this poor marketing move. Bring back your TRULY big rolls!

Quilted Northern is awesome!

from Crescent City, CA

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

Quilted Northern is a top contender amongst the toilet paper brands!  With Charmin as its rival, it stands as one of the other toilet paper brands that lives up to durability and strength.  It is very absorbant.  It is nice and strong, but yet it is still soft too.  I love how there are double rolls because they do last longer. Although it can sometimes be pricey sometimes, there are good coupons that come out every once in awhile for this product.  I was able to stock up on this product for very inexpensively from Rite Aid, so be on the lookout for major drugstore deals and promotions.  That is probably the best place to buy Quilted Northern.  It is also pretty easy on the septic or well.  A little goes a long way, so you don't have to use as much, which is very nice on the wallet.  It is very soft, and comparable to the softness of Charmin.  It is comfortable, and really works great!  Would reccommend!

its good

from Cambridge City, IN

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

Honestly who doesn't like to be pampered by toilet paper. Nobody enjoys rough paper on sensitive parts. For this reason Quilted Northen is my choice product. It is super absorbant, soft, priced good. They also have catchy commercials that draw you to their product. I don't worry about my children not getting themselves clean because with quilted northern they can get the job done and I dont have to worry about them wiping to hard and having fingers pop thru the toilet tissue like some other brands will. Another thing I like is the fact that if I am out of Kleenex I dont have to worry because the toilet paper can be used as backup and doesnt hurt their nose because it is soft and its durable and can withstand those tough colds that keep you blowing your nose frequently. It has never clogged my septic system like some products have either. I think all around this product delievers exactly what it claims to.

Quilted Northern Soft & Strong - Not all it's cracked up to be

from Madison, OH

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

This is the case of the shrinking toilet paper.  It seems like just about every manufacturer is cutting back on sizes, portions...anything to save money and hoping that the consumer doesn't notice.  I would much rather pay the additional cost rather than purchase a roll that's not as wide or a jar of instant coffee that's 2 oz. less.

Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue **is **pretty strong; but it's marginally soft.  It's OK as far as I'm concerned.  As long as the paper does its job, I don't need a gentle touch on my behind.  The package touts:  "Now 50% stronger", "12 double rolls = 24 regular rolls" and "flushable and septic safe".  Northern comes in Regular, Double and Mega rolls.  I guess it's supposed to look like it's quilted; but it looks more like a slight depression on the paper.

**Tip - We had a problem with the toilet backing up with this tissue.  I suggest not using too much the first time, spreading it around in the bowl and letting it soak for a couple of minutes before flushing so that you can see how your toilet is going handle it.

Bottom line - Better than Angel Soft but not qute as good as the "lavish" brands.

Quilted Norther Soft and Strong has converted me!

from Wheeling, WV

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I am a bit of a snob - in regards to bathroom tissue.  In my bargain hunting, I had a few bad experiences. I no longer will buy store brands and will not buy Cottonnelle (it is so easy to poke holes through Cottonnelle).  I have been loyal to Charmin Soft and Strong for quite some time now.

Well, I had some coupons and needed a great price on bathroom tissue.  I found a great deal on Quilted Northern.  I was hesitant to bring it home - the Hubs is just as much a toilet paper snob as I am.

Thankfully, we were pleasantly surprised!  This paper is just as strong as the Charmin, but is a bit softer.  I love the large rolls (I think the ones I got were triple rolls).  I read reviews of this tissue and saw many people complaining about fewer tissue for the same price.  Well, even if there are "shrinking rolls," I can save more by buying Quilted Northern than by buying Charmin and I get a tissue I like even better.

Effective and relatively inexpensive.

from Beavercreek, OH

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I have use Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue many times.  It is a good and effective bathroom tissue that is on sale often.  When I do use this bathroom tissue for the number two variety of bathroom use I will usually use about nine to twelve sheets to clean myself.  It is cleans your bottom well and one roll can last you about seven to ten days.  As the name implies it is both soft and strong although I would say that it is a little more rough than soft.  The bathroom tissue comes in many sizes ex. double rolls, mega rolls and so on.  You should always look at the number of sheets you are getting for the money spent so you can get the best deal and save yourself some money.  This in not the only brand of bathroom tissue I use but it is one of only two or three that I do.  The bathroom tissue is very strong and will not tear easily.  It is two ply also so that adds to the strength of this bathroom tissue.

absolutely the best

from Fair Oaks, CA

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I absolutely love my quilted northern toilet paper.  It is absolutely the best.  It's soft and strong and doesn't clog our toilet.  The price is right and they offer coupons and deals all the time.  You can find Quilted Northern toilet paper prety much anywhere.  It is the best that I have used.  I absolutely love this product!  I highly recommend this product.  The design on the paper is nice with flowers and hearts.  Very cute.  The scent is nice and mild.  The packaging is distinctive.  I especially like the blue, but the pruple is nice also.  My whole family asks for this product because other toilet papers are harsh and hurt and are not comfortable to use.  It fits nicely on the roll holder in the almost all bathrooms and easy to start the roll and pull off as much as you need and rip off is easy.  Go ahead and try for yourself.  I know you will like it.  Thank you for letting me recommend this product to you.