3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Nice product but if these are their DOUBLE rolls, God help us!

For most of my life, I have been a devoted fan of Kimberly Clark products but recently my opinion of Scott Tissue has taken a beating.  To make a long story short, I started shopping around for new toilet paper.  Among my experiments has been **Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue**.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue** is clearly a step up from what Scott Tissue is today.  ***Quilted Northern*** is a nice uniform, double-ply tissue sporting a neatly-crafted "quilted" pattern and wonderful softness.  The strength of **Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue** is not enough to write postcards home about but it still is a quality product.  What disturbs me is the **amount** of tissue in the package which presumably contains 12 double rolls (or the equivalent of 24 "regular" rolls).  If these are **really** double rolls by anybody's standards than God help us all because the regular rolls must be of pitiful dimensions indeed.

**HERE'S WHAT I REALLY LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:**

When I'm trying a new product for the first time, I tend to get nosy and prone to checking out the product's website, especially for feedback from other customers.  Sure enough, Georgia Pacific has been getting complaints from other customers about the size of the rolls, especially that the width of the rolls has been craftily reduced.  In another company's website, these negative remarks might have been loftily ignored or perhaps not included at all, but here is what I like about all this:  a reply was posted by a G.P. employee who admitted that the size of the rolls had been reduced.  In her words to a customer who raised the concern:

*... I understand your concerns. I can explain some reasons behind the changes. Because of today’s economy, cost is a factor. We made the decision to slightly reduce the roll to bring you the bathroom tissue you trust and not raise our price to retailers, which could pass on the cost to our customers. In addition, the change in roll width allowed us to reduce packaging and to generate transportation efficiencies which lessen our impact on the environment.* *If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post. We hope you'll continue to be a loyal consumer.*

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

**Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue** may not be the ultimate answer for me as far as toilet paper is concerned but I am impressed at the honesty of Georgia Pacific and their thoughtful responses to sometimes irate customers on their website **quiltednorthern.com**.  This may not be the best bathroom tissue value out there but I would surely recommend it as a close contender not only for its inherent quality but also the responsive integrity of its manufacturer.

Nice, soft tissue.

It's okay in this regard.

Pretty good.

New Northern Soft and Strong is like Sandpaper!

I have been a devoted Northern user for decades. Seriously, I am a brand loyalist. But I am now going to switch brands. The New Northern Soft and Strong is rough and abrasive. I have always used Northern for removing mascara because the job doesn't require a whole facial tissue. The new Northern is too rough for makeup removal or any facial contact. In fact, it is irritating on any sensitive areas. Please mothers, do not use this on your infants! I do not want to switch to their Ultra Plush triple-ply because it is a rip-off. You get less TP by length and by squares per role. Plus, it is dusty. The original Northern was plenty soft enough. It was just right. I never found it to be "not strong enough." It was the perfect blend of softness and strength, and I have always liked the aesthetics of the quilts. If they change it back, I'll return. Otherwise, I'm on a search for new TP.

Allergic!

from Landrum, SC

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I've been using this brand for years and turned my nose up at all others. Recently this "new formula" caused me a terrible allergic reaction. I thought I had an infection or something terrible. Nothing helped. Even Dr appointments were no help. Finally I became so raw and uncomfortable I could only use baby wipes to clean myself. The condition disappeared. I have had no problems since changing brands.

Oh, so soft and strong!

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I cannot say enough about Northern bath tissue. It is very soft and durable and really makes a sometimes not so pleasant experience more comfortable. Some bath tissues do are too soft and slippery and have no "drag" to get you clean, but Northern is soft and really feels like it is doing the job, without feeling like sand paper. I guess it is the deep quilting that gives this bath tissue the surface that well out performs all the other bath tissues I've used. This is by far my number one for my number two's!

Comfort
Northern has lots of softness and plenty of cleaning.

Northern stand up to the abuse we often give our bath tissue.

Absorption
Northern has never left me feeling wetness on my hands...it is very absorbent.

• Absorption:

Soft and strong bathroom tissue

from Vancouver WA

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

This stuff sucks. I was thrilled when this toilet paper went on sale at my local store because I have always wanted to try it. It is everything it says it is. Soft and strong, but it leaves an incredible amount of lint! I feel like I need to use one of my son's wipes to get all the lint left behind cleaned up. Totally not worth paying regular price for. I bought a 12 pack and we have placed the rest in our emergency preparedness storage because honestly it would have to be an emergency before I used it again.

Comfort
The lint factor is very disturbing. It's pretty sad when the cheap toilet paper leaves less lint than the top brands do. It was soft and strong but I hated the nasty little pills it left behind.

It did hold up well and didn't disintegrate like some of the cheaper brands do.

Absorption
It absorbed well enough if you can get past the lint factor. I was able to clean up without anything soaking through to my hands. It also doubles well as tissue and the lint is not as bad when you are blowing your nose.

Very Poor Toilet Paper

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I do NOT like this toilet paper. It leaves it's little 'friends' behind after usage. I also as a female, need to use more TP. I feel like showering after I go to the bathroom & cleaning up with this TP. I don't recommend it to anyone. If it's the only brand name at the store, that'd the only time I'd buy it. I'd only get one roll, at that anyways.

Quilted Northern Changed a Good Thing

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

At one time Quilted Blue was the best tiolet paper out here..It was so good the shelves were empty.and no one was buying the other brands...Then they made a quilted purple,that was to thick and clogged the tiolet...Then they had the nerve to change the quilted blue.., they changed the product..Now its like the competition..So after 8 years we have had to change tiolet paper..Why did they change it???

Its too thick

Yes, its strong like a paper towel now..

Absorption
works its like having a maxi pad..In fact this tiolet paper could be rolled into a maxi pad its so thick.

• Absorption:

not worth the extra money at all, total junk.

from Evansville, IN

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

not worth the extra money you pay for better quality toilet tissue at all. it tears through everytime you try to use it. you can't start the rolls without ruining two or three layers below. You can't unroll it without almost every sheet tearing. I have toilet tissue pieces all over the bathroom and I am continuing to clean up all the time, especially now that my cat discovered it since it tears off so easily.

it is soft.

not at all durabil, tears through too easily.

I've used much better.

• Absorption:

Nice product but if these are their DOUBLE rolls, God help us!

from Oak Park, IL

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**HERE'S WHAT I REALLY LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:**

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Nice, soft tissue.

It's okay in this regard.

Pretty good.

• Absorption:

New Northern Soft and Strong is like Sandpaper!

from Milford, MA

Quilted Northern Soft & Strong is not as strong as you expect

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

I remember using Quilted Northern when I was little. I haven't been purchasing it for a long time because I tend to buy toliet paper with coupons and I hardly can find any coupons for this brand. I saw a 50% off sale in a store one day and I immediately bought several packages of them. I even told another customer in the store that this is one of the best toliet paper and you can never find such a good deal.

The toliet paper is soft, just like most of the other brands, but not as soft as I can remember. I think this may have been caused by the less noticable quilted pattern appearance? It has good absorbent. The best part is that it does not leave little paper bits like brands such as Cottonelle or Charmin. The problem is it is not that strong. It is stronger than Cottonelle but I can easily poke a hole in it after folding the paper twice. Don't expect this toliet paper to be as strong as Scott. Another annoying part is that it is very hard to peel out the paper when starting a new roll. The edge is completely sealed with glue and I often end up tearing open several layers in order to open a new roll. I see that a big issues for elderly people.

Soft and Strong

from Apache Junction, AZ

Comments about Quilted Northern Soft & Strong Bathroom Tissue:

This is definitely the best toilet paper.  Sure there are some that are cheaper, but this one is strong soft durable and lasts.  I always buy it in the double rolls because they last longer and I hate running out