Other Facial Masks:
Queen Helene

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

this mint julep mask works like magic!

ever since i was a teen i ahve had major probles with blackhead and pimples. it got to the piont were i would not walk out of the house, at all. my mom finally recommened it to me and i tried it with no belief that it would work. after just one week on the mint julep mask my face was realy clearing up. nine days after i started i felt confedint enough to walk out of my house with no make-up on at all! for those of you with questions, the mint julep mask is a thick green paste that you leave on your face for aprox. 20 min. (or until it hardens) then with a warm wash clothjust rinse of your face. if you do this twice a day for about 2 weeks, i am sure that your acne will clear up. the product takes a while longer for back heads though. and even if you do not have skin issues, the mask will rejuvinate you and you skin and get you ready for the long day ahead. i would love all of you to try it out and see for yourself how well this product acctually works

Had a bad experience

I don't have particularly sensitive skin. Most skin cleansers I've used have never had any adverse effect on me. For whatever reason, this mask irritated my entire face horribly. I'm not sure if it was some sort of allergic reaction, but the first time I used it was also the last. It made my face literally red and raw and days later it began to peel as if sunburned. Obviously this isn't the typical reaction to the mask but the way my face flared up, I felt I should mention it. If you're going to try this product for the first time, I would definitely suggest applying it to a test patch (which I never do) I applied it to my whole face and I had to call off work one day because it was so embarrassingly raw. It looked like a chemical burn. And I when I had the mask on, there was no indication that my skin was irritated. It felt a bit menthol like any mint product but nothing abnormal. Other than that, the texture is great, the smell is great, and I wish I could use it because it felt really refreshing the one time I used it.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is Inexpensive & Effective

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

The first time I tried this product I worked in a major drugstore. While stocking the shelves in the facial care aisle, I noticed Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask and decided to give it a try. The name alone sounded refreshing and clean. It is very inexpensive in comparison to some other facial masks. The mask is a thick, almost clay like material that you apply directly to your face. Your face feels tingly as the mask drys and tightens your skin. You leave it on your skin for about fifteen minutes which is the time it takes to dry. After the mask dries just wash it off with warm water. Your skin feels clean and your skin feels glowing and tighter. It is good for pimples too as it dries them out. It has a fresh mint scent. The mask is easy to use and very effective and removing surface dead skin and clean your pores at the same time. You can use this on all types of skin. If your skin is very dry I would just use it once a week or so. I recommend this product.

• Ease of Application:

Good value for a good product

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

Queen Helene wasn't a brand I was familiar with when I saw this on the shelves but I had to open it up in the store when I saw that it was mint julep scented because that sounded interesting. I instantly really liked the scent and the price was right so I figured if it worked half as good as it smelled it couldn't be a bad buy. I ended up really liking it and having no regrets.

My skin is kind of dry so I was hoping for a little more moisture than I got I suppose. I did like that it didn't irritate m skin because it can be very sensitive. Its a pretty good product, but could be a more hydrating. It would probably work better for more oily skin types.

Ease of Application
The formula for this mask is nice and thick so it stayed on my face without dripping anywhere and the squeeze bottle definitely helps cut down on the mess.

This is one of my favorite scents for a face mask. The minty smell is light and refreshing and it adds another little layer of luxury to pampering yourself.

• Ease of Application:

This mask is invigorating and it helps even skin tone.

from West Virginia

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

I keep coming back to the Queen Helene company because their products are budget friendly and they all seem to work. This one in particular is quite refreshing and invigorating. It has mint in the mask which feels like a menthol or vapor rub on the face. It's quite pleasant to apply.

The mask only takes about fifteen minutes to harden. It's simple to apply, just be careful around sensitive areas because of the hardening and tingling agents. I try to avoid my lips with this because the tingling on my lip line is a little annoying.

Once the mask is applied, it hardens in about fifteen minutes and while it hardens, it invigorates and tingles the skin. I am cutting wisdom teeth and for some reason, this seems to give a nice sensation that eases the aches in my cheeks.

When the mask hardens, I peel and pull off what I can and then I use a warm cloth and sprayer to get the rest off. The mask hardens enough to really bring off dead skin and impurities out of my pores. I notice less blackheads and acne when I use these masks.

This stuff hardens, invigorates, and it helps peel off dead skin and impurities that are stuck in my pores. The inexpensive price tag helps, but this stuff lives up to the hype regardless.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply but you need to be careful because the hardening is uncomfortable when you remove this away from sensitive skin and areas with a lot of hair. I recommend being careful around eyes, lips, facial hair, and the hairline because this also tingles.

This still smells like a clay mask but it also has a minty smell.

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

I have been using this mask on and off for probably 20 years! This has always been my go to mask whenever I have a bad pimple or break out. I put this on at night and sleep with it and I notice a huge improvement in my break out by morning. The clay really does a great job at drawing the bacteria and yuck out of your skin and drying out the pimple. With that said this mask can be drying to the skin, this is why I only apply it directly to my acne breakouts and not all over. I always feel a little tingle when I put it on and that makes me feel like it is working. I really hope they do not stop making this mask, I have been using it so long I would be lost without it!

Does a great job at drawing out impurities in the skin and drying out acne break outs.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply, just put a little dab on your pimple or you can apply all over if you prefer. You can wash off after a few minutes or do what I do, leave it on the acne blemish overnight to dry it up quicker.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque was a fun surprise

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

I have to admit that I had not used this product prior to my daughter having some friends over and we decided it would be fun for everyone to do a masque. After getting all the mom's okay, we went to a nearby store for our shopping. One of the mom's had given me the name Queen Helene Mint Julep Much to my surprise it is not a expensive product but what sold us on this product was their name . We thought that it sounded exotic and perfect for our event. Everyone, including me did our masks.

What I discovered was that after I removed the masque my skin felt super clean and smooth. I didn't feel as tired. It seems to relax tired muscles and ease those pesky age line that I am finding in my face and neck these days.

Ease of Application
One of the things that I liked was how easy the mask was to apply. First everyone washed their faces, then we applied our masques. Within minutes it began to firm and harden and you could almost feel it pulling out the impurities.

We found the light mint scent clean and refreshing. We left it on about fifteen minutes, allowing it to dry. Then removed it with warm water and a clean face cloth. A fun thing to do but it was so refreshing that I continued to use this product.

• Ease of Application:

Reduces pimple size, but can be difficult to remove

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

I tried Queen Helene Mint Julep when I first started fighting acne as a teenager. I would cleanse my face first and leave it wet then apply a nice amount of this clay substance all over my face. It was very thick and smelled like peppermint. I waited 10 minutes and washed the clay off my face. I tried to rinse it off by using my hands at first, but I needed a wash cloth to get this substance off my face. It caused slight irritation around the
corners of my nose and cheeks, but it went away after a day. The rest of my face felt fresh and I had a nice non-oily glow. Even some of my pimples reduced in size. It wasn't a major reduction in size, but it was noticeable. The next time I used this product I decided to leave it on over night in hopes that it would reduce the size of my pimples. When I woke up the next morning my face was extremely oily and about 70% of the clay was gone. There was nothing on my pillow or sheets so I'm not sure where it went. I proceeded to gently wash the clay off my face with warm water. It was difficult to remove the clay off my face and I ended up applying more force than I wanted to my skin. My skin became extremely dry and I started to secrete a lot of oil. There was still residue of clay deep in my pores that I couldn't remove that became clogged and grew in size. I definitely wouldn't recommend Queen Helene Mint Julep as a mask for over night use, but for a quick 10-15 minute session it's satisfactory.

Refreshing Mask

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

I suffer from huge pores that are susceptible to break outs at any given time. I began using this mask during my teenaged years and have been using it every since. I really helps with acne by drying the acne out. I have found that since using this product, I have fewer occurrences of ance breakouts, and actually can go several months without a breakout. It is also very good for cleansing the pores. I has a tingling feeling to it.

This product does a great job cleansing the pores and drying up acne bumps.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use, although not so great if the mixture becomes to cold, it is very difficult to get it out of the container, I would suggest letting it sit in hot water first, then squeezing the tube. A little side note to remember is always squeeze from the bottom up.

The smell is very minty. I really like the scent of it because it does double duty as a mask but it also clears y our sinuses.

Pretty good!

from Kansas

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

I saw this product in a lot of stores for quite a while but didn't bother trying it for a long time. The product is not packaged all fancy and is cheap so I automatically assumed it was a bad product [dumb of me, I know!]. I was reading reviews of face masks online and kept seeing the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque pop up so I decided to give it a try. The product is very thick coming out of the tube and you don't need much of it to cover your face. & RAWR YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK LIKE A GREEN MONSTER! The product is very minty smelling, hence the name. It dries fairly quickly and might flake a little bit once it is dry. It makes my skin much softer and my face always feels clean right after I use it. I've had my current tube for AGES and it's still not even close to running out. Overall, great mask, great price. The smell is a little offputting at first but I've grown used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore.

• Ease of Application:

Makes your skin clear and smooth

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

If you're got oily, acne-prone skin, this is a holy grail mask that will absolutely save your life every time. It dries up pimples while controlling oil and sucking out all the gunk in your pores. This is, however, not at all what I'd consider a gentle product so if you have sensitive or dry skin, this probably isn't the best option.

I find that this effectively dries out pimples within a few hours and especially if you suffer from cystic acne, this can work fantastically as a preventative measure when applied everyday or every other day, followed up by super moisturizing products to prevent your skin from becoming too irritated or overproducing oil.

Ease of Application
The product is a little thick but that makes it really easy to get an adequate coating of the product on your skin. You just apply it all over and after 10-15 minutes the mask will dry to a pale green, almost-white kind of color, which is how you will know it is ready to be washed off. If you spot any dark areas that means it hasn't dried all the way and you should leave it on for a bit longer.

It doesn't really have a strong scent so I don't think it would be offensive to anyone, but if you enjoy mild peppermint-like scents then you will totally enjoy this product.

• Ease of Application:

So amazing - and affordable, too!

Comments about Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

I absolutely love this facial mask. It gives my skin a really good deep clean, pulling out all the dirt. My skin feels so refreshed and smooth after I use it. I have combination skin - a T-zone that's on the oily side, while my cheeks tend to get very dry, so it can be hard to find skin care products that really work for me. They either dry cheeks out too much, or make my T-zone so much more oily. Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask doesn't irritate either area though. It pulls the oil out of my T-zone while leaving my cheeks not too dry. One tip I do have for this product is not to let it completely dry on your face - let it get mostly dry, but not completely. That really helps it work it's magic. The minty scent and tingly feeling is really refreshing as well! I've been hooked on Queen Helene's since I was fifteen - nine years later, I'm still using it! It's a great product and for about five bucks, you really can't beat it. I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone.