Other Lawn Mowers:
Eco-Friendly Lawn Mowers, Reel Lawn Mowers
Qualcast Panther 30 Sidewheel Cylinder Lawn Mower

Qualcast Panther 30 Sidewheel Cylinder Lawn Mower

Didn't work for me but...

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Qualcast Panther 30 Sidewheel Cylinder Lawn Mower:

I have a tiny yard (about 10’ x 10’ of grass) and it seemed silly to spend money on a big mower. In addition, I don’t have a lot of storage room. I read all the reviews and it seemed like the Qualcast Panther 30 Sidewheel Cylinder Lawn Mower was just what I needed. Sadly, it didn’t live up to my expectations. My lawn shouldn’t have been a problem for any mower. It is small and quite flat. But no, this mower wasn’t any good. It was fiddly to put together. The noise it made was terrible. But worst of all, it simply flattened the grass instead of cutting it. Of the blades it did manage to cut, very few ended up in the collection bucket. I ended up cutting the grass with scissors and sending the mower back. From that experience I would have given it only 1 star, but the other day I saw a neighbor cutting his grass with this mower. His worked quite well. So obviously they aren’t all as bad as the one I got. The idea of this mower is wonderful. It is small, simple, and doesn’t require any power source (other than a bit effort on my part).

Perhaps the quality is just inconsistent or maybe I just got a bad apple.