3.6
Quaker
Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal

Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal

3.6

Who knew oatmeal could taste this good?!

I'm always in search of a tasty breakfast that is quick and easy to prepare, but will also increase my daily fiber intake. I've heard over and over again how good oatmeal is for the heart and for dieting, but the taste of regular oatmeal is so plain that I defeat the purpose by adding sugar, syrup, butter or milk to make it taste better.

Not anymore. Quaker's Weight Control instant oatmeal packets are the perfect solution. They are quick to fix, taste great as is, and pack 6 grams of fiber per serving (more than most cold cereals).

My flavor of choice is Maple & Brown Sugar. It is a popular choice though and can be hard to find. When I do find it, I stock up with several boxes.

My oatmeal tasted like banana vomit.

I have high cholesterol. Everyone knows oatmeal is supposed to be good for that, so I decided to get some oatmeal. The doctor didn't say anything about my weight, so I was looking at all the oatmeals. I picked the Weight Control instant oatmeal, because the flavor sounded good - banana bread. Yum. I was anticipating.

I took my Tupperware to work this morning to heat up a quick bowl of oatmeal when I had time. The time came, and I heated the water and mixed up my Banana Bread quick oatmeal.

Now it looked fine.

Then I took a bite. Ick! There was the horrible fake sugar taste along with a strong, overripe, banana flavor. The taste was just like banana vomit. That's the only thing I can think of that would taste like this.

I hoped perhaps the first bite was the worst and that my taste buds would adjust or stop working. I took a second bite. It was even worse. I was not sure it was going down - period.

Then I had to figure out what to do with my Quaker Quick Oatmeal Banana Bread flavor. The trashcans are usually just emptied with the bags remaining. I didn't think I could stand the sickly sweet smell all day and certainly not for the rest of the week. I considered trying to flush it down the toilet but was afraid it would not go down. I ended up sealing it back up in the Tupperware and taking it home.

When I got home and opened the Tupperware, that smell hit me again. Whew! Awful.

My boys both said, "What's that?"

I explained.

They smelled it and agreed that it even smelled like banana vomit. And it looked pretty gross after sitting there all day.

I put my oatmeal in the garbage, tied up the bag and put this in the outside trash can.

I don't know how hungry I would have to get to be able to eat Quaker Oatmeal Banana Bread flavor in the Weight Control pouches. They are great for weight control, because two bites was my max. I can still taste the banana vomit flavor tonight, so I'm not even hungry for something else at this point.

Quaker Banana Bread oatmeal is about the worst thing I've ever swallowed. In fact, I can't, off the bat, think of anything I liked less.

I do like plain oatmeal just fine. I'll stick with that.

Tastes Good, but I cant get past that funny smell.

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

I like the taste of the oatmeal, I eat it with Vanilla soy milk, but the oatmeal has an ammonia smell that's what it reminds me of. I will stop eating it only in fear I will offend my coworkers because of the odor and putting something containing ammonia or whatever that is in my body. It cant be healthy..

I like it alot.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

One of the greatest things that has ever happened is the packaging of oatmeal. The Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal is pretty nifty in itself. I am unsure how it works exactly. What I can tell you though, is that it is very pleasant tasting and that it is very sustaining. It contains a slightly higher content of fiber and some protein as well. The flavor varieties that I have tried are: Banana Bread and maple brown sugar. I enjoy them both but, I have to say, the banana bread is my favorite. The banana flavor is not too thick or overwhelming. I like the texture and consistency of the oatmeal too. The maple brown sugar variety is pretty good. It has more of under tones of flavor rather than the flavor being more pronounced. To tell you the truth, I honestly don't taste any difference in the actual flavor, texture or consistency of the regular non weight control varieties. The major difference lies in the additional fiber and protein content. I can say that I have noticed a slight change in the level of control over my appetite on the mornings I indulge in Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal - any variety. It has more staying power which, is a major plus for me. I feel confident in recommending it. I have even started using this variety in place of others when making apple crisp for added health benefits.

Original Quaker Oatmeal is much better!

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

I tried the Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal to try to make my morning oatmeal even healthier and it was a big mistake. I am not sure what the different ingredients are between regular Quaker Oatmeal and Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, but I can really taste a difference. The Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal did not have a good flavor at all. I could not even eat more than a few spoonfuls. I really suggest sticking to the original Quaker Oatmeal.

love the taste

from NJ

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

really great taste enjoy it for healthy and fiber full. Just right for anyone who needs to keep an eye on their weightloss and health. Oats are good for the cholesterol and heart, just like cheerios you'll get better benefits from these oats.<3 sugar free no added sugar so no issues with insulin spikes, plenty of fiber that keep your hunger on the low side...So you can go from breakfast to lunch with out feeling hungry in between. I loved the taste as well, from banana to cinnamon etc.. its yummy and taste like the regular stuff, no after taste.. and all the goodness of added fiber, and no sugar.
These oats can pass for anyone who is on weight watchers, the points be low. Plus many other diets. Its great as an in between snack as well. calories at 160 and great for energy with the slow complex carbs it supplies. If you love oats and quaker .. Then you'll love this brand of oats. All the great flavors of the regular oats in a healthy, yummy oatmeal.

USE WITH CAUTION

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

Well, so far i've only had the Maple & Brown Sugar and it tastes delicious! It keeps me full longer and has less sugar and more fiber than the rest of the Quaker oatmeal line. I like to cook mine in the microwave with water and add skim milk afterwards. Makes it taste even better:) The only problem I have with this product is the smell. The smell is seriously overwhelming. The first time I ate it I went to school that day and kept thinking 'it smells like pancake syrup...' I asked my friend and she agreed. My other friend asked me later if I had, and I quote "washed my hair with pancake syrup". She claimed its all she could smell. Everytime I used the restroom, or took a breath even. I smelled that stuff. Now, everyis time I open my microwave I smell maple syrup. Its a delicious smell but it is kind of embarrassing. The only time I ever eat this is before I take a shower @and/or on the days where i'm just going to stay home.

Not bad for a diet food.

from South Bend, IN

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

This product has a good taste. The biggest problem especially for the banana bread one you have to add a lot more milk then the package says or it will be way to thick. You cannot even eat the whole bowl then it is so dry. Other wise the cinnamon one is real good. Just follow-the direction on the package.

Delicious Oatmeal

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

I was a little skeptical about trying Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control because most weight control products are either not that much healthier than the regular product, or lose out on taste. But this oatmeal was pleasantly surprising.  It comes in three delicious flavors of banana bread, cinnamon, and maple and brown sugar and all of them taste just as great as the normal Quaker oatmeal.  I love that they are so easy to make, just about a minute in the microwave and you have a warm healthy breakfast.  The aroma of the banana bread was my favorite, because it smelled just like you had been baking in the oven.  I love the mixture of sweet maple and brown sugar in the maple and brown sugar variety.  The cinnamon was a little too strong for me, but it was still good.  The first spoonful of each variety is warm and flavorful.  If you want a heartier breakfast you can mix the oats with milk, but I just did water and it tasted great.  Each serving is only 160 calories and 3grams of fat and tastes great.  This is a great way to start the day because it is not only delicious and healthy, but it will keep you filled until lunchtime.  So if you are looking for a way to watch your weight and still get a tasty breakfast, this oatmeal is great!

A good quick breakfast!

from Whittier, NC

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

I've had RNY gastric bypass, so protein is my main concern when eating. I also cannot eat much sugar, and this oatmeal accomplishes both issues for me. It's a great alternative to eggs and meat for breakfast, is a nice change of pace, and easy to prepare.

great if you are watching your sugar content

from Chesterfield, MO

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

A fast and easy breakfast with Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal!  There are choices of flavors, the cinnamon is my favorite. If you are watching your sugar intake it has only 1g per serving. One serving also contains 7g  of protein. It does contain Splenda as a sweetener.

Great!

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal:

I bought the Maple & Brown Sugar flavor. Each packet has 150 calories and instead of water, I used Almond Milk which made my bowl 210 calories. I only eat this once per week but it tastes pretty nice. It has the perfect sweetness and there is no need to add anything else. It is pretty filling too. I'm not sure why it's called weight control because the regular Quaker packs nutrition info isn't much different but I like it a lot and will buy more flavors when I'm finished with this box.