Other Snacks & Cookies:
Quaker
Quaker - Rice Cakes

Quaker - Rice Cakes

Eat em like they'll make you fat

So I'm noticing as I get older, keeping thin is getting harder and harder.  I used to snack on anything and everything that tasted good and could still walk the beach with confidence. Those days are definately gone!! The easiest way to transition from eating what you want to eating what you need is finding something that tastes great, and will fill you up enough to stop thinking about it.

It sounds crazy, but Quaker Rice Cakes are great to start with when changing the way you eat.  I have been eating them for so long I now choose them over any other cookies or chips.  I'm a bit of a "cheesy" girl so my Quake of choice are the bite sized cheese flavored.  I feel like I'm eating cheetos and they are filling.  Try them with hummus.   For my sweet tooth, I go for the regular size peanut butter or choco chip cakes.  Try putting a little bit of peanut butter on one of those before leaving the house in the morning.  A great way to eat on the run.

I love to eat and I push the calorie counter with my drinking, so I'll try my best to post as many new and easy ways that I find to take care of the body without suffering.

So give them a try and throw out the chips and cookies!

Rice Cakes made by Quaker in a variety of flavors.

Quaker Rice Cakes are a pretty good choice for a healthy snack. They come in a variety of flavors. Some are better than others. I especially like the chocolate and the apple and cinnamon. The cheddar cheese flavor is one of my least favorite. They are low in calories, however it's easy to eat a whole package.

Overly satisfying.

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

Quaker rice cakes had me completely fooled. I have always heard negative comments on rice cakes from my family members trying to lose weight. I wanted to cut back on my calorie intake so I headed to the store to buy some rice cakes to curb my snacking. To my surprise they had an assortment of different flavors. When I took my first bite I was astonished by the wonderful flavor. I cut back on my calories and have a guilt free snack whenever I want.

Rice Cakes made by Quaker in a variety of flavors.

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

A lighter, tasty alternative.

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

I am a big fan of Quaker rice cakes. They aren't necessarily a healthy food but, rather, more of a less unhealthy food. They are fairly low in fiber, protein, and vitamins. What they have going for them is they are low in calories and fat. They are also crunchy and great tasting and make a great snack. You can replace chips or sweets with these rice cakes. There is a wide variety of flavors from plain to savory (white cheddar, buttery, etc.) to sweet (caramel, chocolate, cinnamon apple, etc.). With my personal taste, my favorites are the white cheddar, plain, and buttery. We used to bring these as car travel snacks, but they do tend to get a little messy in the car, especially with the younger kids. Quaker does make a small rice cake which is crunchier and travels better, so we tend to bring those on vacations.

Healthy Snack

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

Quaker rice cakes are a very versatile snack. It can be eaten by itself or you can spread peanut butter on top of the rice cakes. Other topping that can be used are: apple butter, strawberry or blueberry preserve, cheese spreads, flavored cream cheese, salsa, bean dip or whatever you choose as a topping.

Quaker rice cakes comes in a variety of flavors such as: plain rice cakes, lightly salted, apple cinnamon rice cakes, butter flavor corn rice cakes, caramel corn rice cakes, white cheddar corn rice cakes, and the list goes on.

Quaker rice cakes are also available in mini sizes, the mini size rice cakes are perfect for on the go snacks.The mini size rice cakes are great to use if your child packs a school lunch. My sisters kids love the mini rice cakes, at least 3 days out of the week, my sister packs her kids school lunches.

Quaker rice cakes are a fat free food and is very low in sodium. Each rice cakes is around 50 calories or less per serving.

Quaker - Rice Cakes - should be a superfood!

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

When I first discovered Quaker Rice Cakes, I felt like I'd discovered a super food for dieters! Quaker sell a variety of flavors; caramel corn, chocolate crunch, buttered popcorn, apple cinnamon and lightly salted but my favorite is white cheddar which I have with cottage cheese and pineapple. It's a delicious mix of salty, savory and sweet all in one. But let me tell you the good stuff; each rice cake is only approximately 45 calories, 0.5g total fat (which is only 1% of a daily recommended allowance ) and 5g whole grain. In addition they are gluten free. The texture of them reminds me of popcorn, chewy and crunchy which may be why my 9 year old son asks for them in his packed lunch every day. They are a healthy snack and a great competition for their unhealthy counterparts - chips! Now that I'm not on a diet, these rice cakes have stayed a part of my daily intake of all things healthy. I highly recommend them.

OMG YUM.

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

So I decided to start eating better, and my very good friend swears by rice cakes. I decided to run out to the store and pick some up, and randomly saw these ones. I grew up on Quaker oatmeal, so I decided to go ahead and grab them, and literally I couldn't be happier. Whenever I'm craving something sweet I grab a Carmel Corn flavored rice cake and munch on it. It's also wonderful for when you're wanting a sweet midnight snack. I love a rice cake or two with a warm cup of coffee.

Light, Crispy, and Delicious

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

I've never particularly cared for rice cakes, especially those dense flying saucer things you usually find that make cardboard sound and taste a lot more delicious. However, my opinion was totally put on rewind with **Quaker's Rice Cakes**, especially the **Caramel Corn** flavor!

The one thing I noticed about these is their light, airy texture, good, freshly baked taste, and relatively low amount of carbohydrates (if I can recall, it was 14 grams or so...?) and calories, plus the nearly nonexistent amount of fat. You really don't even need to consume the suggested serving size all at one time because these are great just to nibble on - crunchy (but not so much that people in the northern provinces of China could hear your munching) well-sized little cakes that just melt in your mouth. The **Caramel Corn** had the right amount of sweet + salty, with a nutty glaze of light caramel syrup and toasty little nuggets of sweet corn, perfect for snacking or a 'I need mah sugarz' moment.

The bag is huge but they don't put that many cakes in their either, so one bag alone can go pretty quickly if you're not careful. Three or four of these every few hours or so is fine by me, and I'm sure they'd make for great party or picnic food - pour 'em in a bowl and let everybody dig in. Many flavors are available, from plain (kind of hard to find), to salty (Ranch, anyone?), to sweet (Crème Brulee!), so there is plenty for everyone of every sort of taste and likes.

Wonderful Products

from Alger, MI

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

I eat the mini rice cakes as well as the full size. I love them all!

I like the fact that they are fairly low in calories for what you are eating. I find that they are a great snack to take on trips; my whole family likes them. This is partly due to the many flavors provided. Whether you like sweetness, saltiness, or plain, they have you covered. The price is not bad, either.

Love them! Whether by themselves or with other foods/dip

from MA

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

Quaker brand rice cakes are terrific! I have eaten them and loved them for ~15 years. Eat them, yup every day. I have a whole bag of them each day, and don't feel guilty since they are healthy. I even love the original one with low salt (started them a long time ago, esp. since I had kidney problems in the past which restricts salt immensely). But these are just so crunchy, pleasing, and fun to eat. So easy to carry around with you, easy to break in pieces, easy to have with assortment of foods, like dip, veggies, treats, meals, etc. I have them at all times of the day, and always look forward to it.

And since this theme is listed as rice cakes in general, if you must have flavor (caramel, peanut butter, hot, etc.), you've got a whole big selection to choose from!

Enjoy and let yourself indulge in these treats. Also, youngins can have them (as long as they have good teeth). healthy and well known brand we can trust.

Only downside is if very rarely, they are slightly stale tasting, which is likely that accidentally, the plastic wrapping had a tiny hole in it, or the store did not do a good job keeping it in a cool location.

Low calorie snack you will love!

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about Quaker - Rice Cakes:

I began a diet about 2 months ago and really started watching the calories I was eating.  I have been working out extra hard and was determined to really reach my goal this go round.  I discovered Quaker rice cakes when my husband had bought them for him and tried one.  I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty they were!

I used to mainly buy the Quaker mini rice cake snacks with chocolate, but now the Quaker caramel rice cakes are my new thing.  They are only 50 calories each and the crunchiness and yummy flavor gives me that pick-me-up I need between lunch and dinner.  It doesn't feel like I'm cheating myself of the delicious snack foods I used to eat because they are so good!

If you are dieting or not, I recommend you try the Quaker caramel rice cakes!  Just one try and I was hooked!  I get mad even now when my husband sneaks one of mine since they are my chosen snack of the day.  He likes them with cream cheese or peanut butter too, but I enjoy them just right out of the package as they are.  Pick them up and enjoy them today!