Other Airlines:

Qantas

Pros

Cons

Qantas number 1 for families

Of all the airlines that provide domestic flights around Australia, Qantas is clearly the best choice. With destinations all over the country and many now leaving our golden shores, the little extra you pay is well worth the expense. We have 2 minors we fly back and forth between Adelaide and Melbourne and we wouldn't put them on any other airline. We know that when we put them on a Qantas plane, they won't need to pay for any extras, such as food, drinks or entertainment and that they are always well looked after. For a parent knowing your child is flying alone is a great concern and having done this journey dozens of times now, the kids look forward to what was once a very scary experience.
After years of experience flying myself and my family all over the country, I can't fault the service offered by Qantas either on the ground or in the air. There was one occasion when I needed to contact customer service due to a mistake I had made during on online booking. The staff were fantastic and waived any fee it would usually cost to alter the booking. They followed it up with an email instantly so I confirm the details were correct while I was still on the phone.
For anyone thinking they can't afford to fly Qantas; there are plenty of specials available for the budget conscious and even free flights to claim through their flybys program.

Horrible Service

Qantas is a terrible airline.  They don't care about the customer.  I was on my way home from Fiji and they overbook my flight.  I had a connecting flight from LA to PA set up the next day.  Qantas told me I'd be on standby and that the next flight out wasn't until Tuesday.  This was Saturday.  Ridiculous.  They accepted pre-registering by large groups way before the two hour time required to be at the airport.  The manager did not care if we got a flight home, he did not care that we had a connecting flight which couldn't be changed, and he offered no refund or anything.

Luckily, Air New Zealand offered to honor our Qantas tickets.  The people there were so nice and the flight was great.  The plane was basically empty so I had room to spread out.  They had great food, warm towel service in the morning, and great movies.

I would never fly Qantas again.

One of my 2 favorite airlines

Comments about Qantas:

I fly a lot for my job, both domestically and internationally. Qantas is one of my two favorite airlines. They have great service, their planes are well kept and have state of the art technology. They have been great in terms of both customer service and in terms of in flight service. If you ever travel to a part of the world that Qantas services, you should give them a try.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

A great full service airline

Comments about Qantas:

I have always found Qantas to be a reliable and high quality airline. I would highly recommend them, especially for Australian domestic flights. Although they are one of the more expensive airlines, if you book early enough the price can be quite competitive given the level of service they provide.

Service
The airline's staff are all very friendly and attentive, both on the aircraft and their customer service line. When I've called I've always spoken to someone in Australia, rather than a call routed through India. If you choose to fly business and utilise their airport lounges, I've found them to have the same high level of service and helpfulness from the lounge staff

In-Flight Accommodations
Every Qantas flight has a meal served and if you go and look at your booking online you can select from a range of dietary requirements. For me, as a vegetarian this is very important. They have always had my "special meal" available when I've requested it and generally it's been of quite high quality.

Qantas Airways is the best airline to travel to Australia

Comments about Qantas:

Qantas Airways is the best airline if you are planning a trip to Australia. I have flown to Australia twice and both times where great. I work in the cargo side for Qantas, so occasional, I have been sent on duty travel. Both times I have been on business class and man It was great. Basically time goes by really fast because the seat can be converted into a bed and you can sleep for many hours. Another great feature they offer is the food, not alot of people can say that since most airlines serve food that does not taste very well. If you are not in the mood of sleeping, they offer a great variety of movies, music, and games to keep you entertained while you are in the air.

Service
Like I said earlier, the service is great. The flight attendants really care for the passengers and give them all the attention they deserve.

In-Flight Accommodations
Like I previously said, Qantas is the best airline. If you ever want to travel to Australia, make sure to use this airline. You will get the best service and you won't lose any baggage.

Decent Domestic Flight

from Wausa, NE

Comments about Qantas:

Qantas domestic flight rom Sydney to Perth. The Qantas aircraft are stating to show their age, no in seat video entertainment system as an example. The service was what I would class as average across the team, the meal was excellent, the flight was on time and the check-n service was faultless.

The Flying Kangaroo gets you there safely and in style!

from Chester, CT

Comments about Qantas:

QANTAS is unsurpassed in it's safety record. It has excellent customer service, well kept planes, great food and professional crew members. The addition of on demand movies is a benefit to frequent and long distant travellers. QANTAS is comfortable and reliable and definitely one of my preferred airlines.

A Wonderful, Family Friendly Airline

from Painesville, OH

Comments about Qantas:

I flew with Qantas all over Australia this summer and they are just so wonderful! They provided plenty of tasty meals and snacks all during the flights and they were just so friendly. Had tv's for the long trip from L.A. to Sydney which provided good entertainment for the twelve hour flight. They have good choices of food and its nice how on the t.v's they show where you are during your flight to your city destination. It gives you the time you have to get there and how long you have been on the flight as well. It's a great airline and I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Australia!

Horrible Service

from Haverford, PA

Comments about Qantas:

I would never fly Qantas again.

A new kind of travel experience

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Qantas:

I flew Qantas for the first time on an overseas journey from San Francisco to Sydney, Australia.  It was a great experience.  Most people groan and commiserate when I tell them it was a 14 hour flight, but it was one of the most relaxing experiences, really.  Qantas went above and beyond to make sure passangers were comfortable.  I had plenty of room and was well fed.  Plus, the on-demand movies actually made me look forward to the ride home!

While I was in Australia, I had the opportunity to fly several shorter in-country Qantas flights and I never had a bad experience.  Flying with Qantas made me wish for an airlines at home that was as good and reliable.  I'm flying on this airlines again on an upcoming trip to New Zealand and I couldn't feel more safe and secure.  After all, I hear they're the only airlines that's never had a crash!