Other Bakewares:

Pyrex Portables Bakeware

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Stick:

No spill keep warm carrier is perfect for taking to your potluck

I love this set from pyrex. It is an absolute must have for bringing food on the go.  The set contains the pyrex dish itself, a plastic lid for the dish, a hot/cold pac and an insulated carrier the dish fits inside. The pyrex dishes are so great beacause you can bake in them.Then when dinner is over it saves so much time to put it right into the fridge to save the left overs for tommorrow. They also are very durable and can go in the dishwasher. The clear glass works out so well. When you are cooking, you can see when the food is ready and make sure it doesn't burn. The lid on the container makes a great seal keeping your casserole from spilling while transporting it to parties, church events, potlucks or even delivering a meal to a sick friend. The lid has a really tight fit so that less heat escapes. And another great advantage to the lid fitting so tight is that the food won't spill, even food that is has alot of liquid in it seem to pass the test.  The lid is very flexable and can be washed easily. The hot cold pac works great too. You put it in the freezer the day before your party. It seems to stay cold much longer than your average ice pack. When it does start to defrost it does not turn watery and messy. When you want a hot pack to keep that special dish warm so long then you can microwave the hot pac. Once you microwave the hot pack be very careful to use oven mitts to remove it from the microwave. It heats up to a very hot temperature and could easily burn your hands if you were not protected. It fits underneath the dish and stays in that position without sliding around throughout. The heat from the hot pac actually radiates out throughout the entire container. The insualted container does a great job of distributing and holding in the heat. It is wonderful to go to a party and have your dish stay warm or cold for the duration of the event. Even when that party lasts 2-4 hours my food was still warm while many other people had to reheat theirs.  I was pleasantly surprised that the hot/cold pack actually kept the dish at the best temperature even during a long  party. Another great feature is when you get home with the left overs, the container will slide right into the refrigerator avoiding having to find other storage solutions. This saves time and money by not having to put the food into a seperate storage container to go into the fridge. No ziploc bags, saran wrap or foil needed for this dish. After a long party or a crazy night the last thing you want to do is stay up transferring the food to other containers.  Its as easy as 123, you take it out of the carrier and put it directly into your refrigerator.  The next day when your are ready for left overs it is very easy to just put the pyrex dish right into the oven to warm up. Or a quick solution if you dont have an oven handy is to reheat the hot pac and let it warm the food for the left overs. The zip out insulated case cleans up well with a little soap and warm water. Food may get spilled, as people are serving directly from the container, on to the case. I was very relieved to see that it was so simple to clean up. The handles were built tough and seem like they could with stand quite alot of weight. How heavy could a casserole be? Pyrex made them sturdy even if the weight is limited to what you can carry in it. It also is very stable once you use the handles together keeping the food from sliding back and forth when you are carrying it or moving it in and out of the car. The case looks quite elegant surrounding the dish. It  works amazingle well  in keeping the food warm thoughout not just on the bottom where the hot/cold pac is. The top cover folds underneath the dish to make a beautiful case. The look of the case made such a great impression at the party everyone was asking where they could buy one at.  I am so happy not to be burning my hands carrying a hot dish. The days of going straight from the oven and rushing to the party are over. The food is warm when you arrive. It is so nice not having to warm up food in the middle of the party. Many people have to throw away the food because their dish did not stay warm or cold and is no longer safe to eat. Not with this Pyrex it stays warm or cold and your food is safe for everyone to eat. I am glad to not have to take time when i get home to transfer the food into a seperate storage container. This has been a great product that I would recommend to anyone. I know this great kit will definetly make it on to my christmas lists what a wonderful gift to give to your family and friends. .

Love the Idea - Wish it Lasted Longer

We had received the Pyrex Portable set as a gift and I have to admit that it was not something I would think about purchasing on my own, however I love the concept. I've never used the cold pad since I usually don't transport that size for cold dishes, however I have used the hot pad for keeping things hot out of the oven. The last time I used it successfully was for taking a Lasagna to a family a few weeks ago. Although the drive was over an hour and the outdoor temperature was freezing, the Lasagna was hot enough to be served directly from the dish with no re-heating. All in all, I've probably used the hot pad about 6 times over the last several years, however this last time I tried using the hot pad, I noticed that the seam had come apart and the inside of the pad was exposed, rendering it useless. Although I still have the insulated carrying case, not having a working hot pad makes it a lot less desirable. Looking at prices, the hot pad by itself is about half the price of the purchasing a Pyrex whole new set, so I don't think I'll be purchasing a new one any time soon.

Pyrex four piece portable set looks good and keeps food hot

from Texas

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

I go to a lot of events where we take a dish to share. Over the years I have tried wrapping the hot dish in newspapers, or towels and various other ways that I soon forgot as I usually ended up with a mess to clean up. WOW is all I can say about the Pyrex Portable 4-piece set. It includes a large 9X13 oblong dish, a tight fitting lid, and a insulated case with just enough padding to be easy to handle.

Now it is so easy to take a hot dish and still have it hot when you arrive. Simply heat the microwave pouch about two and a half minutes. Place it in the carrier along with your hot dish and you will be amazed how long it keeps your dish the perfect temperature.

Clean up is so easy. The insulated tote is just a wipe with a clean soapy cloth and a good rinse. Let dry before you zip it back up for storing. The 9X13 glass is typical "easy Pyrex clean up," If you have let something sit for some time, you might find that clean up is easier if you let it soak a few minutes.

The insulated carrier has two handles that are attached to the case in such a way that they won't come lose and the zipper seems to be substantial. The case has a inside pocket where you can put your serving spoons etc. The dish is Pyrex glass so it is a good quality. and the lid to the dish fits tight enough that it did not leak.

Great overall design. The heat pack fits directly under the dish so I did place a piece of foil over the pack to protect it from the hot dish. I have used this set to keep a Jell-O salad cold. I simply removed the hot pack, and place a cold pack on top of the lid. The insulated tote kept it super cold.

Doesn't Stick
Food sticking doesn't seem to be a problem with Pyrex but if you happen to burn something on just let it cool down and a little hot soapy water seems to take care of it.

A Simple Solution

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

Raising 5 children it seems as if there is always a function of some sort or another requiring me to make a covered dish. Endless years of church picnics and bake sales, luncheons, holiday pot lucks the list is endless. I started out with one of these that I received years ago as a Christmas gift. I now own 4 in different sizes and use them regularly. A brilliant solution to a common problem. I like these so much that I have bought several through the years as gifts for wedding showers and such. I have also purchased several for my daughters and my daughter in laws.

These portables perform beautifully. Simply place the lid on your hot or cold dish and place in the carrier. Many now come with a heat or cooling pad that can be heated in the microwave or frozen for cold foods and placed in the bottom to help keep your food at the appropriate temperature. Simply zip and transport. I have never had a spill with the super easy handles carrying is simple.

The Pyrex bake ware inserts I simply wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry as with any other Pyrex bake ware. If there is stuck on food I simply soak in warm water and then clean with a paste of baking soda. The carrier itself can be wiped out with a damp cloth. I do not put my lids in the dishwasher although I believe they are dishwasher safe.

My first concern when buying these was that the zippers would break easily. That has not been the case at all and they are made very sturdy. Gosh knows mine have been out through the paces and have held up for years. The dishes can get scratched up after awhile from people using knives to slice cakes in them and such and start to look a little cloudy.

Brilliant. In the more recent ones they have added the Velcro strips to help hold the bake ware in place in the carrier and even a place for the serving utensil. Adding the microwavable heat pouch was also helpful.

Doesn't Stick
Most things I bake I simply spray with a nonstick baking spray and that does the job. I have never had anything stick that I could not get off with a good soak and baking soda.

• Doesn't Stick:

Great way to take food to potlucks.

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

I have a two quart portable dish, which I absolutely love. What a great way to take food to potlucks, parties and family dinners. The lid fits tightly so I do not have to worry about spillage on the road (unless things get really crazy). The pads keep things hot or cold for quite a while, and I love that they can by hot OR cold. The carrier is nice, with a pocket for utensils or other necessities.

The carrying case has a few cracks and crevices that can get a little yucky. I have to make sure to wipe them out carefully after I use them.

The only problem I have had with this product is with the heating/cooling pad. I wish it had something that microwaving a little better. It tends to inflate while in the microwave, and it can get a little stretched out. It makes me nervous watching it heat up because I think it is going to pop, even after being in my microwave for a short time. I am not sure if this is a problem others have experienced or if it is just my microwave.

Pyrex Portables is a Must Have for the Wedding Registry

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

I registered for a Pyrex portables set almost 10 years ago when I got married. I have used this set countless times to take meals to potlucks and family reunions. The insulated carrier helps keep the hot things hot or even the cold things cold. You could use this for a yummy ice cream sandwich desert or a fresh baked macaroni and cheese. It does a great job of keeping things hot. I would suggest maybe putting a paper towel over the hot food before putting the lid on as sometimes the lid sweats and makes the food soggy. But it's not a major problem. This should be added to every wedding registry as it is a great item for the kitchen! My Pyrex glassware has held up for 10 years and is still going strong.

Sometimes things can get pretty baked on and hard to come off. But with some elbow grease and a Brilo pad, you should be able to make it spotless.

Doesn't Stick
You will need a nonstick spray with some things that you make, but that is the case with all glass.

it's portable!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

I love my Pyrex Portables Bakeware. My family, friends and I have a lot of potluck dinners where every one makes a dish or two and brings it in for everyone to eat. This Pyrex Portable is perfect for that! I am often requested to bake my Norwegian Pound cake or apple crisp and I use this for both of them. It's nice because it's a quality glass pan that I can bake in, snap on the lid and then slip it into the included insulated carrying case. The carrying case will help keep food either cold or hot (also comes with an insert to help with that), whichever is the need. My pound cake needs to be cold while the apple crisp is better warm. The carrying case has a convenient handle that lets you carry your dish comfortably to your destination. The lid fits snugly on the pan to help protect the food inside and to help prevent spillage. The insert is wither chilled in the freezer or heated in the microwave, then you lay it inside the carrying case with the food. This whole set is well designed, sturdy and the pan is very easy to clean. I need several of these instead of just two! I highly recommend this to anyone who needs to cook the food and then take it along with you on the go!

Take your dish with you

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

Everyone goes to pot lucks and family dinners, I think this Pyrex Portables set makes it easier.

The bake ware it self is awesome, just like any other Pyrex seems to be. Anything I bake in it seems to hold temperature, come out even and done. I have not had anything burn or had the bake ware cause my recipes to fail in any way. The portable carrying bag is very well designed and fits snug around the dish. I also lobe the hot or cold pack you can throw it in there, it is also reusable.

Super easy to clean. The bake ware is dishwasher safe and the carrying case I just wipe down with warm soapy water if anything gets on it

The handles and stitching have held up very well on the carrying case, as well as the dish it self is holding up great, and seems to be almost unbreakable

I love how they made this, its super easy to take with you anywhere and not a hassle to get in or out

Doesn't Stick
As with most Pyrex or any bake ware, I always spray first before baking, just to help with non sticking

Convenience two-in-one.

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

I just love my Pyrex Portables. The versatility of hot and cold capabilities is great for picnic, church potlucks, and many other dishes. The one complaint I have is the hot and cold packs should be a lot sturdier. I have replaced mine twice in 5 years. The other complaint is that the carrier should be easier to clean. If any spillage occurs it is very difficult to get into the little crevices to clean. I finally put it to soak and let it dry in the sun. It survived so I guess that is okay.

The insert is very easy to clean.

Ease of cleaning the carrier is not as easy to get clean.

The dish and carrier are very durable but the hot-cold pack is not quite as good.

Easy to transport.

Doesn't Stick
If you grease it well before starting you shouldn't have any problems.

Great for parties!

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

We love the Pyrex Portable bakeware. It is great for taking hot or cold items to parties. Everyone loves my mac and cheese recipe, so I'm always asked to bring it to family gatherings. It keeps it warm for several hours. The dish is the perfect portion size for group gatherings. It is also nice for making desserts, such as my low-fat strawberry cheesecake, which uses angel food cake and cheesecake pudding. The only downfall is that we overheated the pack in the microwave a few weeks ago, so I have to replace it. It is also very easy to clean.

• Doesn't Stick:

Pyrex Portables are great for traveling with food!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

I bought the **Pyrex Portables Bakeware Dish w/Carrier** so I could bring meals to my husband who is stationed about 3 hours away from home. Pyrex Portables comes with the dish, a lid, a carrying case and a microwave-safe pack that you insert in the case to keep your food hot, or cold if you prefer. All in all, I do like this product, but there are a couple things I would change.

More than anything, I bought this so that the food I bring to my husband doesn't spill or get knocked over. The carrying case makes it very easy to transport food. Just place the glass dish (with lid on) in the case, slide the ice/hot pack in its slot and zip up the case. Food is now super easy to transport. The handles are comfortable to hold and keep the dish balanced.

The glass dish and plastic lid are both dishwasher-safe, so this set is a cinch to clean.

I own many Pyrex products and those in addition to this are all high-quality. The zip up case is nice and strong too.

The design category just gets a "satisfactory" rating because there are two things I would like to change. 1) The lid does not snap on around the edges of the dish like regular Pyrex dishes do. You push the lid on and it rests above the food. It's really weird and I don't feel like my food is as protected and safe as it would be with a regular Pyrex lid. 2) The place where you insert the hot/cold pack is a thin flap of a pocket with a small piece of velcro to keep the pack in place. Well, the pack slides around and feels like it's gonna fall out when you lower the top of the carrying case to zip up. I would like a more secure fitting for the pack to rest.

Doesn't Stick
I always spray my dish with cooking spray before I bake with it, so food always come right off in the dishwasher.

• Doesn't Stick:

Pyrex portables - love the dish & carrier, heat pack is bad

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Pyrex Portables Bakeware:

I love pretty much everything pyrex and usually always give 5 stars to their products. This one gets 4 because of the heat pack included in the set. The cold pack is ok, not great. The heat pack is another matter. Mine sort of "melted" in the microwave the first time I used it. The plastic that contains the whole thing stretched and began to melt. I believe I followed the instructions exactly, checking the microwaves wattage, etc. I was very disappointed that the heat pack didn't last. My mother-in-law had somewhat better luck with hers - she got quite a few uses, but they don't last all that long. You can BUY replacements directly from Pyrex. The baking dish and carrier are great, however, I have had the dish leak out into the carrier when it was transported - don't expect the lid to be entirely leak-proof. The whole concept is nice - carrier to put hot casserole in to transport and keep warm. It does do the job well, with just those 2 minor flaws.