Other Food Storages:
Pyrex
Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set   6021224

Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224

Best containers I've ever purchased

In an effort to rid my kitchen of plastic, I bought a set pf these Pyrex storage containers.  I have not been disapointed!  They are durable, they stack well, they have a low profile in my fridge, and best of all, I have no worries about scary plastics leaching into my foods (the lids are generally not touching the food inside of the containers).

I also really like that these are easy to take with me.  Yes, they are a little in the heavy side, but that is because they are really sturdt, which meas I've never had one break in my purse or in a luch bag that my five year-old has tossed on the ground.  They hold up really well in the dishwasher too.

I do wish that these had sone sort of glass lid instead of the plastic lid.  However, I'm willing to compromise on the lid, and it certainly has not kept me from buying a second set.  I plan on getting another set or two sometime in the very near future!

Good. Standard. Practical.

Listen, it's Pyrex.  It's a kitchen standard, but it's not exciting.  It's hard to say, "OMG, I LOOOOOOVE this glass storage ware!" That being said, I use this set probably 5+ times every week. Given the recent articles regarding soda lime glass shattering with dramatic temperature changes, I'm more careful with how I use this set.  I have scrambled egg whites nearly every morning, and use the smallest bowls to do my scrambling (I'm not so neat before coffee & food).  I use the larger bowls to mix chopped-veg salads, and go from fridge to table to dishwasher. Note that the rectangular pans in this set do NOT include a 9x13 pan (they're both smaller), so if you are hoping to get one, this may not be the set for you. I mostly use them for non-baking ventures, opting for metal for cooking meats.

Given the recent articles regarding soda lime glass shattering with dramatic temperature changes, I'm more careful with how I use this set. Some guidelines, courtesy of Consumer Reports and also likely listed on the packaging: always use a potholder/towel/etc when putting hot Pyrex down, never put it on a burner or under the broiler, allow the oven to FULLY preheat before putting food in Pyrex in the oven, don't add liquid to hot glassware - and always add a little liquid before cooking meat or vegetables in Pyrex, and a couple more- read the packaging before you use this, even if you're a seasoned Pyrex user, so you're fresh on the manufacturer's recommendations.

Wow, why did I wait so long to get rid of the plastic?

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I was so sick and tired or plastic that looked yucky, didn't dry properly, and lids wouldn't fit that when I found the glass Pyrex sets on sale I decided to free myself of plastic. I am so glad that I did. I am amazed. Food even seems to taste better. These containers store well, can be put on any shelf in the dishwasher, and can go from freezer to oven and are microwave safe. They don't stain, warp, or discolor. They won't need to be replaced except in cases of breakage and overall are a bargain. I love the clean looking containers and the new colors of lids are fun and will brighten up any kitchen. Personally, I think they are worth so much more than the plastic and I know I like the way they look in the cabinet. They are great and so inviting that I am actually excited over the clean, fresh looking cabinets. Silly, maybe, but I just love them and encourage everyone to " join me and free yourself of plastic."

So much better than plastic

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I was at a friends house who had a similar product and thought they were genius so I decided to get my own set. Plastic storage containers were driving me crazy. Plastic ones don't last long, get warped in the dishwasher then the caps don't fit right, and I never felt great sticking them in the microwave. These containers by pyrex completely solved my problems. They are glass so super sturdy and not going anywhere for a long time. The are microwave safe and I feel much better microwaving my food in glass than plastic that could leech chemicals. And I love that I can even use them as serving dishes if I need to because they look so pretty. They take up a bit more room than plastic containers since they are thicker and stack differently, but that is not a problem or issue for me. I still hold onto some of the plastic for when I need to take food on the go, but I got to get rid of a lot of plastic because of this amazing set!

Gotta love some Pyrex!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I am a big fan of Pyrex dishes, especially this set. It includes all the basic sizes that you would need for all kinds of food. I also like the price of Pyrex dishes. They seem to be cheaper than other glass dishes out there. That is one of the reasons that I bought them in the first place and I was glad that I did. These are one of the things I always have on hand. They work very well! These dishes are dishwasher safe and can go in the microwave (just make sure to lift the lid a little). I really like the lids on these as well. They are like a rubber/plastic feel. They suction onto the dishes well and seal everything up. I first received a set of Pyrex dishes as a wedding gift over ten years ago and I am still using them today on a regular basis. The only thing that you want to watch for with these is can't go from one extreme to another. So if it's cold don't stick it into something extremely hot. Once I forgot a burner was turned on and accidently put it on top only to hear this loud whistle and a huge pop. Glass had exploded everywhere. Really though I've had these for years and nothing has ever happened like that. I will keep using these.

Really good product

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I really like these containers better than the plastic ones. These ones are very durable and sturdy compared to the other ones too. I also like the fact that since they are glass they don’t get stains in them like most plastic containers. Also when you are reheating something in the microwave they reheat the food fairly even and well. You can also put these containers in the oven to without the lids of course. They are pretty easy to clean as well which is a big plus and they are also dishwasher safe unlike most of the other containers out there. I do like the fact that they are glass but I do not know if they are easy to break or not so I would say to be careful if you have kids handling them. The lids are really nice to them seem to grip well to the top of the containers and keep the food really fresh. I would basically recommend this to anyone looking for a high quality container.

Pyrex A name To Be Trusted

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I have owned this set of Pyrex Storage Bowls for about 2 years now. I purchased them for myself after reading about the dangers of BPA in plastics and food storage and made a decision to convert from plastic to glass as much as possible. The great thing about these bowls is that they are Pyrex brand. I have Pyrex bowls and bake ware that I have owned for 40 years. And like my other Pyrex these bowls can go from freezer to oven, fridge, microwave and dishwasher without fear of pitting, staining, melting or leaching dangerous chemicals into my food. These bowls cut down on the purchase of those lightweight plastic snap lock storage containers that after regular use crack, pit, stain and have to be replaced regularly. With dishwasher safe lids it has also cut down on the use of plastic wraps and foils to cover food. The lids fit tight and they are stackable in the refrigerator and freezer.

Drawbacks are unlike plastic if you drop them they will break. Unlike many glass items you buy now they have not chipped easily which is a plus. After repeated and almost daily use the lids do start to loosen up. A great idea for the manufacturer would be to be able to buy replacement lids for these bowls in case they get lost or damaged or when they become loose from years of regular use. My other observation is that I would like to see more larger pieces in this set. Many of the pieces are extremely small.

Overall this set of bowls as been a dependable and affordable alternative to plastics in my home and this set remains my go to food storage containers receiving almost daily use. A smart investment for any kitchen.

Versatile Storage

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

The Pyrex 10-piece Glass Storage Set has 5 assorted sizes of glass containers, and lids to match each piece, making them very versatile, for a number of things to store, and the air tight lids keep things fresh, whether you are storing things in the refrigerator, or on the pantry shelf, or in a cupboard. I have even used my round Pyrex glass containers to hold egg yolks, nuts, brown sugar, etc., while baking cookies, cakes, breads, etc. The round ones even come in handy to store beaten egg whites, with the lids on in the refrigerator until needed, while mixing up cooked frostings, etc. I have also used the glass containers to warm up food in my microwave. Just make sure to remove the plastic lids first! The best part of these products to me, is the very easy clean up. Even stuck on foods come right off, and leave the glass containers squeeky clean. The glass containers and plastic lids, also do not retain any odors after cleaning.

Pyrex Glass Storage: Great Products

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

Two years ago I decided to transition from plastic food containers to glass. Since the Pyrex brand had been around for so many years, I chose their 10-Piece Glass Storage Set, and have loved it ever since.

This set has the perfect assortment of sizes for storing leftovers, which is mainly what my family uses them for. These are almost always in use at my house, and show no signs of wear after two years of use. In addition to storing food in the refrigerator, they can also be used in the freezer, oven, and microwave. They are really versatile and you will probably find yourself using them all the time.

The glass is very thick, which I believe makes them resistant to breaking, since I have dropped these several times and they have not yet broken. I also like how the glass makes it easy to see what is inside each container.

I highly recommend this set for it's quality, ease of use, and durability. If you're looking for an alternative to plastic, this is the perfect set.

Great baking and every day solution

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I have this set for quite a bit of time now and I am quite happy with how it works well for baking as well as every day use in the kitchen. I use the bowls to put my left overs too. This way I just pop up the lid and put them in my fridge. I can then take them out and directly put them into my microwave or oven. I do not have to worry about changing the containers for each equipment. I have used them for some baking in the microwave too and they have turned out to be perfect. Once I did use them to bake an instant cake in the microwave. the cake truned fab and did not stick tot he bowl. They are easy to clean and I can put them directly into my dishwasher.

Love, love, love!

from New Glarus, WI

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I received this set for Christmas a few years ago and absolutely LOVE it. The lids fit great and I love that no matter what he does to them, my husband can't scratch these up or stain them by reheating his dinner in them. Heck, we've even dropped them a few times (on wood floors and thin carpeting) and they haven't broken. We haven't had a single issue with lid leakage, although they have stained when we store tomato based foods in them (as all plastics are prone to do). The sizes are perfect for leftovers, or taking dishes to an office potluck. I haven't had any shatter like I've read about. They still look very good, no cloudiness or scratches on the glass, but I do hand wash them (no dishwasher - unless you count me). I'm always looking for more pieces to add to my set and always stick with Pyrex!

Safe and Convenient Food Storage

Comments about Pyrex 10-Piece Glass Storage Set 6021224:

I absolutely love my Pyrex food storage containers! I was looking for an option that would enable my family to store food and heat it up in the same container. These containers can be put in the freezer, oven and diswasher. We cook at home quite a bit and have leftovers often, so these work perfectly for saving food for later consumption. I actually have several sets of these, and since they can be quite pricey, I have always waited for a good sale to purchase. Over time, I have been able to get away from using plastic containers so much, specifically with the food that needs to be heated. The lids fit very snugly and the containers don't take up much space in the refrigerator. I would highly recommend!