Other Cat Foods:
Dry Cat Food
Purina
Purina ONE Special Care Urinary Tract Health Formula Cat Food

best cat food

This cat food is the best, I use to use other brands then my cat got a UTI from other brands. I changed the food to Purina One & have never had another problem. This food has really saved my cats & I buy it all the time.

kingston ny

Good product

I can honestly only rate this Purina one special care urinary tract health formula cat food an eight out of ten because I do not know a lot about the benefits. My cat was out of food and I asked my dad to pick up some Purina cat food and this is what he come home with. My cat absolutely loved the food. She ate it pretty quick, so it must have tasted really good. I like that the cat food did not have a strong smell to it. Some other cat foods have literally left an odor in the room. This cat food seemed to be the perfect size pieces also. My cat had no problems eating it at all. I would definitely recommend this cat food to others because it worked really well for my cat. The only downside about the food was the price. It was a little more expensive but it is probably because it is a special type of food. Quality of Ingredients I have always trusted the Purina brand as far as the ingredients go and this food is no different. This particular brand is healthier for cats too.

true

Corn Gluten Is Not Good For a Cat's Urinary Health!

I have three cats and decided to purchase Purina ONE Special Care Urinary Tract Health cat food because I thought it would be beneficial for my cat's urinary health. However, I was very disappointed in this cat food because two of my three cats would barely eat it. The most they would eat is half a tablespoon at a time. To be fair these two cats are a little picky, but they usually eat cat food better than this and usually don't like the cheap food. Then I looked at the ingredients, well the main ingredients are grains. That's why cat's get urinary tract problems. Cat food isn't going to taste good if the first ingredient is corn, besides that it's corn gluten which is horrible for a cat! Quality of Ingredients It states that it's for urinary tract health, but I don't see how it can help with urinary health because the ingredients are pretty bad. Cats usually have problems with their urinary tract because of eating so much grains. The first two ingredients in this cat food are corn gluten meal and ground yellow corn. Both of these ingredients are the main cause of cats having problems with their urinary tract. I gave the ingredients a very low score because it should have ingredients to prevent problems with a cat's urinary system, not cause them! Purina One needs to do their homework and change the formula if they want to sell this for a cat's urinary health. The cat food I usually buy may not be the best food for my cats. However, at least it is economically priced. This food is expensive for cat food that is loaded junk and fake vitamins. This food is a joke! Flavor Selection I could only feed this to one of my three cats. I finally went out and bought the other two cats a different brand so they would actually eat more cat food. I don't think this tastes very good.

false

Has so many benefits for your cat

I am always looking for products with health benefits and anything infused in their normal daily food meals that will look after my cat and decided to give Purina One Special Care Urinary Tract Health Formula cat food a try to mix up my cat's food at meal times. My cat seems happy enough with the change of cat food and I like that it still provides top ingredients for my cat so they never see it coming that it's a healthy meal to help them out, so there is no fussy eaters and refusing to eat it all up. Not only does this Purina cat food help maintain my cats urinary tract health by reducing urinary ph. But it also has other added benefits with the cat food enriched with vitamins and minerals for providing strong bones and joints for cats, features Omega-6 for the cat's fur and keeps their skin healthy, it even whitens their teeth with how the food is shaped, so overall it provides an all-round balance of nutrition and healthy lifestyle for adult cats.

One of the Few Safe Enough

My mother always fed her cats The Good Life so I purchased that for my newly adopted 4 year old tom cat. In a very short amount of time, he developed a urinary tract infection so I switched him to the Purina One Urinary Tract Health ever since and he hasn't had a UTI again. It's reasonably priced, available in a supermarket, and they often put out coupons which are all very convenient. I do feel slightly guilty because most supermarket brand pet foods aren't the best but this brand has worked well for me so far. Unfortunately, cats kidneys are their Achille's heel. I wish more people knew that so they would buy this brand, thus prolonging and maintaining a health urinary tract system for their cats. Quality of Ingredients Most store brand foods actually do not have the best ingredients but judging by my cat's health, I think this one rates better than others. Flavor Selection For Urinary Tract Health there is only one choice, so I guess it would be nice to have more than one flavor choice. Most people I know with cats buy this brand so there must be a market for other flavors with low ash.

Purina One Special Care Urinary Tract health Formula Cat Food

I bought this food based on the recommendation of a friend that works for a veterinarian. She explained to me that since I have three much older cats it would probably be wise to start buying this cat food. It has lower magnesium for better overall urinary tract health. Supposedly there are no by products in this food and although it has corn as the first ingredient, chicken is close behind. It's a little more expensive than the food I used to give them but much less than what the vet sells in his office. My friend explained that this is just as good at much less cost. So the cats really like it, it's better for them and may save a urinary tract infection. That's an expensive trip to the vet which they hate so prevention is the key. Quality of Ingredients Overall it looked pretty good and there are no by products according to the people I talked to at the pet food store. Flavor Selection It's a blue bag with chicken flavor. I'm not aware of other flavors.

Undisclosed

Purrrrrrfect!

Last Summer we noticed that one of our cats would go around the house squatting to let us know something was wrong. He would go to the litterbox over and over but nothing would come out. Once we realized what was going on, we immediately took him to our veterinarian. After a thorough evaluation and testing, it was determined that he had crystals in his urinary tract. Our veterinarian recommended Purina One Special Care Urinary Tract Health Formula, so we picked a bag up on our way home. Both of our cats eagerly ate the new food and this gave us hope. By lowering the urinary pH in our cats and providing a reduced magnesium diet, this has made a big difference in our cats life as well as ours. There have been no issues since last Summer and we no longer live in fear that he is going to get sick again. Thank-you Purina for making a healthy catfood that our cats enjoy and is good for them!

true

Keeps my kitties healthy and happy!

My poor little kitty got a urinary tract infection. He wasn't drinking enough water, a bigger cat was bullying him ( chasing him out of the litter box and he was holding his pee ) and between the two his health declined over time. The poor little guy would cry out in pain (heartbreaking), cry out in pain and want to cuddle all the time. I'm not the type of person though that goes straight to the hospital for myself or straight to the vet for my pets. If possible I'd prefer to solve issues naturally and on my own to save time and money and not put so many chemicals into mine or my pets' bodies. I bought this dry food (along with the wet food that matches and a natural urinary tract infection medicine and cranberry cat treats). After two weeks the combination made my kitty a hundred percent better! I have since stopped giving my cat the medicine and the treats and only give him the wet food from time-to-time to increase his water intake, however, I have switched his food to this and he hasn't had any problems since! I'm so glad to have found a simple solution that keeps my kitties happy and healthy.

true

A great cat food for a cat that has special needs!

I have never been a big fan of what I consider "cheaper" Pet food. My oldest cat always ate a high quality food, until our newest addition. At about a year of age, the cat began getting urinary tract infections left and right, and that was something I needed to fix. After talking to my vet, who wanted my cat to go one one of those super expensive prescription formulas, I did my own research and found this food. I gave it a try, and it has now been 2 years since I've started feeding this formula to my cats. In those 2 years, The youngest cat hasn't had even one urinary tract infection! And it still has many of the quality ingredients I look for in a good food. I think the formula works by keeping the PH of the urine at a level that dissolves crystals and such. Not 100% sure, but I can swear that I does work somehow. I definitely recommend for any cats that frequently develope urinary tract infections. Quality of Ingredients Still chicken based which my cats love, but I wish it had a little less corn in the formula. But then again, maybe that is part of how this formula achieves its results. I can't say for sure, but like I said before, it works! Flavor Selection I do wish they could offer a fish based formula. Both my cats love chicken, but a tuna based one might help keep my cats interested in their food longer without supplementing with wet foods that can become a bit pricey.

true

Worked well for my kitty

My older three-quarters Persian started having problems with urine crystals the older she got. We initially fed her an expensive stone diet food to take care of the problem, then the vet suggested we start switching her back to some sort of regular food. Unfortunately, everything we tried caused her to relapse - including some very nice "all natural" brands, and we'd have to switch back to special food then try again. We were debating whether or not we'd have to switch to a raw meat diet when we grabbed this Purina ONE formula on a whim and it worked. She never, ever has issues while eating this food. It isn't very expensive and it also has the bonus of being readily available at all the big-box stores , which means no trying to get in to the vet's office before it closes when she's low on food. Quality of Ingredients The ingredient list seems fairly standard. Flavor Selection It only comes in one flavor, but my cat never complained.

Purina ONE Special Care Urinary Tract Health Formula Cat Food