Other Dog Foods:

Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Have you taken the 30 day challenge ..??

**Purina One Adult Dog Beef & Rice Formula **

***Have you taken the 30 day challenge ..??***

****Have you...Read complete review

**Purina One Adult Dog Beef & Rice Formula **

***Have you taken the 30 day challenge ..??***

****Have you taken the 30 day challenge ..??Purina offers a 30 day challenge for both dogs  and cats a free bag of food and a checklist for pet owners a one time offer per pet.So if you own a dog and a cat you can get one bag of each.(*limit of two* *bags* *per household*.)****

****I discovered/purchased this purina-one brand**  product threw free coupons and taking the purina challenge offered at the purina website.**

**I have noticed a signifigent difference with the shinnyness and beauty in the eyes of my dog as well as the color of his fur, so the challenge was good for him.**

**The Purina -One adult dog comes in 3 flavors Chicken,Lamb,and Beef... My dog does not care for the chicken flavor but he likes the beef and and lamb formulas offered for a change in variety in tastes...**

**Purina has always been a trusted blend in our hosehold,and has not been pulled of the shelf for recalls as other brands had been..**

**I reccomend visiting the purina website and try this for yourself,The food is small and bite size for small and large dogs and is bland in flavor and good in quality.**

A LOW COST FOOD CONTAINING CORN AND BYPRODUCTS

A LOW Quality food containing by products, beef tallow, corn, and other ingredients that are NOT good for your dog. THIS is rated by dogfoodanalysis.com as being a 1 star food, they rate between 1 star and 6 stars. The ONLY food that ranks between 4 and 6 that you can get at Petsmart for example is Blue Buffalo, Blue Buffalo regular foods get 4 stars and IS a recommended dog food, and Blue Buffalo Wilderness is rated 6 stars their HIGHEST RATING. It costs more than Purina ONE but not so much more that if you are concerned about your dogs health that you should not switch over to this food OR another 4,5 or 6 food, as most of these foods are made with ingredients that are FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. Purina one and its ingredients are NOT fit for human consumption.

Chrisahx5

Chevelle loves this dog food

from Lodi CA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Active Dogs
    • Larger Dogs

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I always like to switch up my dog food because she sometimes gets tired of the same one but with purina she loves it very much and it comes with so many flavors and beef and lamb is one of her favorites it has a lot of nutrients and her coat has improved in the last year and has got her more active.

great product

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My Vet recommended Purina One Health Weight for my golden retriever who was having stomach problems and was not as trim as desired. My dog loves this product.

Quality of Ingredients
    Looks and smells very fresh and tempting.

Flavor Selection
    The flavor selections may not be a varied as other dog foods, but I've been very satisfied with the choices available. My dog has no complaints, and gets very excited when I get the bag out to put the food in his bowl.

Very statisfying food

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My dog loves this food. He normally always has food in his bowl and just picks at it different times of the day. Not with this food, as soon as I fill his bowl he eats everything that I put into it. It is very easy on his stomach that makes bathroom time better for him. I like purchasing a food that he enjoys. The only draw back is it is very expensive compared to other brands. It would be nice if coupons were offered more times for this dog food. More people on a limited budget could afford a better food for their dog.

Quality of Ingredients
    For reading the side of the bag I see that there are very little fillers in the food. This makes helps snacking all day because it satisfy the hunger. Made with real meats and grains.

Flavor Selection
    The flavor selection is not that many but with the ingredients in the food a big selection is not needed. The Beef and Rice is the flavor selection that we prefer over the others.I do not need to watch his weight so this fits in perfect with our lifestyle

Real meat my dogs love!

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have two Great Pyrenees dogs, a male and a female, and both of them have sensitive digestive systems, and I have tried many, many different types of dog food until I found Purina One Smart Blends, which has been the answer to my dogs' sensitive stomachs. I vary between the chicken and the beef blends and my dogs absolutely love it! It is also affordable, which is an added bonus.

Quality of Ingredients
    The fact that meat is the number one ingredient is a huge positive factor. Most other mainstream dog foods like Pedigree (which I have tried) have wheat as a main ingredient, and you have to go way down the list in order to find any sort of actual meat ingredient. As soon as you open up the bag of Purina One Smart Blend, you can actually see the generous pieces of meat. My dogs have sensitive stomachs and use to have regularly loose stool with the other types of dog food I fed them, and Feeding them Purina One Smart Blends has completely taken care of that problem.

Flavor Selection
    The flavors are pretty standard, I do wish they could add one or two more flavors, but overall I am satisfied with the beef, lamb and chicken options.

• Flavor Selection:

I wouldn't feed this to a stray dog!

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

It seemed like a good food for my black lab and malamute, until about the third day of them being on it. They had been on Purina since they were puppies and never had a problem with it, until they started on the adult food. They both had been passing gas incessantly since the day they started on it, but I thought that was just their bodies getting used to a new diet. I was wrong. By day three, they were both going to the bathroom so much I was afraid that they were going to get dehydrated. I took them to the vet, and he agreed with my decision to get a new dry dog food for them. My black lab would go to the bathroom at least 3 times every time we went outside, which is quite a lot. It really was disconcerting to me, to see them look like they were in pain. My dogs are like my children, and I only want the best for them. Purina One Beef & Rice was not it. I would not recommend this dog food to anyone.

• Flavor Selection:

A tastey meal for my pup

from Tarawa Terrace, NC

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My dog has a sensitive stomach, but this is actually one dog food he loves and surprisingly does not have a problem with. He really likes the soft meaty bites in it. He makes a mess of his food picking out the meaty bites. I am glad I finally found a dog food that he likes to eat and his stomach can handle. I like that it doesn't make his skin dry either and that he is always excited for meal time. With other dog foods I have tried( more expensive ones at that) he always seemed to get bored with them quickly or he did not like the food at all and refused to eat the food. I like the flavor choices as well. I received a sample of a different flavor after purchasing the beef one and my dog liked that one as well, but I think my pup likes the beef one the best. This food gives him energy, is well balanced and gives my pup the nutrients he needs. This is definitely a food I am going to stick with.

A good all around food - but prefer the Lamb or Chicken varietie

from Arlington, WA

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

As a breeder, a rescue fosterer, and own a boarding kennel. I feed a lot of dogs and have plenty of opportunity to compare dog foods.

ONE is one of about a half dozen of my mainstay products that I utilize for feeding both my own and client pets and I recommend it frequently.
    Dogs tend to eat it and process it well and it is an affordable option in comparison to the competing products in the market.

I particularly value and appreciate the fact that in recent years with massive dog food recalls across the board Purina has seemed for the most part to be unaffected (they voluntarily pulled a few products from their lines for safety reasons).
    When questions of dog food safety arise in the market place Purina products are the ones I trust to remain safe.

In general I tend to favour the Chicken or Lamb based products over the Beef based products as more pets seem to have digestion issues with Beef based products.

Quality of Ingredients
    Not an "ultra premium" product, a good basic everyday, reasonably affordable dog food.

• Flavor Selection:

This is the only dog food we buy

from Austin, TX

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

We have 2 medium sized dogs, and this is the only food we have ever fed them. I typically buy either the beef or chicken flavors. I think it is a high quality dog food at a reasonable price. I also appreciate that there are frequently coupons in the paper. Also, target frequently has this product on sale. With 2 dogs, we go through the bags pretty quickly. One of our dogs has allergies, so we tried feeding him the prescription dog food from the vets office, but it did not seem to make any difference. So, we went back to the purina. My parents have always fed their dog purina, so when I got my own dog I did the same. I see no reason to switch.

• Flavor Selection:

My dog is ahppy, and well feed then I'm happy!

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I love to make sure my dog is getting a great diet! I know i give table food  once in a while, but I love the feeling that I'm also giving my doggy the best nutrition as weell! Purina provide that satisfaction that your dog is getting everything they need!

Healthy!

from Riverside, MO

Comments about Purina One SmartBlend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My cats like this food, and it is good for them. My vet recommended it as both affordable and healthy. My cats are only indoor cats, and this keeps them healthy and hairball free. I can't imagine feeding them anything else! It's too bad that it costs so much more than other Purina varieties, but it was worth it! Usually you can find a coupon for it in the paper if you look.