Other Dog Foods:
017800571920 , 27464
Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food

Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food

Dogs love it!

The Purina One Smartblend Chicken & Rice Dry dog food is a great choice for my two dogs. We have a bulldog and a golden retriever. They both love the taste of this dog food and it provides the nutrients and vitamins they need to stay healthy and at a good weight. I like that it has both rice and chicken as that is a great, tasty blend for them. They are not picky eaters, but I noticed they really gobbled this up and appreciated the great flavor. Purina offers great products for pets and I know I am providing them what they need at a reasonable price. I would recommend this to anyone who has dogs and you want to keep them healthy and active. This will give them the nutrients they need to help them stay a healthy weight.

purina one chicken rice formula is ok

After going to the vet and hearing horror stories of stones forming in cats stomachs due to the food that can be feed to them, I researched online what would be a good cat food to feed my cat, and found that the purina one dry cat food chicken and rice forumla was a pretty good deal to buy. It has chicken as the main ingredient. I have read that the first ingrdient listed on the cat food bag is very important. BUt I also read that the other ingredients are not very good. But in comparison to the other cat food available at say target or walmart, this sounded like a good step up from the other cat food I used to buy my cat. It is pricier but i figured it would be worth my cat not getting stones in her stomach. Now do not think It did not cross my mine that the vet had something in mind when he told me this. I know vets have food that they sell and probably get paid for to promote. BUt doing research online, it seems ingredients can be better from brand to brand.

this is great dog food

from acworth ga

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest

Cons

• None

• Larger Dogs
  • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

my older dog who six years old he picky eater he love this dog food .and I have four other dogs who love this dog food they all chicken and rice. dogs who picky eats I would recommend this brand.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Dogs love it!

from Edina, MN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• None

• Active Dogs
  • Larger Dogs
  • Smaller Dogs

Very good quality

from Brooke tx

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have a very picky dog, but this is one food that he will eat dry. He is spoiled so a lot of times we mix his dry food with a can of food. We tried Purina One almost a year ago when I was sent a sample. This is the first dry food he will eat the way it is! Its also not too large so its easier to chew and it has lots of healthy ingredients so I am very glad he likes it. We stuck with it after we tried it. It is a little pricier then we were used to but it is really good quality of food and I know it is a lot better for him then what he was eating previously.

Quality of Ingredients
I have compared the ingredients with my dogs food he used to eat and the ingredients to Purina One are a lot better quality and have more natural ingredients which I am happy with.

Flavor Selection
The only downside to this brand is they only have about 2 or 3 different flavors. We have tried all and my dog seems to like them all, I just wish they had a bit more of a variety.

A food my dog loves!

from Chapmansboro, TN

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I feed my dog large breed Purina One smartblend and he loves it. He has been getting this since he was a year old after trying other top brand large breed foods that did not agree with him, we tried this and he loves it and has never had any digestive issues and I watch my daughters dog and she stopped eating her food because she wanted this brand too so they finally had to switch her to it too and now she is happy.

Quality of Ingredients
I trust Purina to give my dog quality food that he needs at different stages of his life, a food that he will enjoy and make us both happy.

Flavor Selection
I like that they offer a beef, chicken and lamb flavor in this brand although the chicken is my dogs favorite, he will eat them all.

• Flavor Selection:

Even Picky dogs will eat it.

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My dog is a very picky eater and many things upset his stomach. He is a 7 year old pit bull. I was hesitant about buying this food at first. So I originally bought just the small 4lb bag. He loved it and did not seem to upset his stomach. He coat became softer and he had to use the bathroom less often than with other foods. This has now become the food of choice. He is like our baby and we want to feed him healthy food along with him wanting to eat it. I have not seen to many varieties of this food. I have recommended this food to my family and friends.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients is top notch. The food is a little more expensive than others but the expense is worth it.

Flavor Selection
There are only two flavors that I have found at our local grocery store. I wished that there was more but our dog seems happy with just the flavors that are offered. I do not like to switch foods to often with him anyhow.

Great for picky eaters!

from Kansas

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My Scottish terrier is picky when it comes to food. He drives me nuts! Purina One Smartblend in Chicken and Rice is one of his favorite foods. I think he likes that there are soft and crunchy pieces. I'm really glad he likes this particular food because it is cheaper than some of the other types he likes.

I tried Purina One Smartblend on a whim one day. I thought the concept of soft and crunchy food was interesting. I was not expecting my picky eater to actually like the food. I was surprised when he did! He seems to like the soft pieces a little more than the crunchy ones because he always eats them first, then the crunchy ones. I'm so glad he actually liked a fairly reasonably priced dog food! Any time I get the bag of food out he start wiggling around and get's excited. That is not something he usually does! Thanks Purina, for making a great food that my very picky dog loves!

I highly recommend Purina One Smartblend chicken and rice flavor, especially for dogs who are picky eaters!

Good food for shedding

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I switched food about 6-8 months ago due to the vet recommendation of an omega 3 to help with shedding. They wanted to sell me one they had for nearly double the price of this product. but even now after the spring has started she is shedding but less now than she was in late fall last year.

Quality of Ingredients
My dog loves this food, when I first switched to it like the other times I've brought different foods home she sniffs it but after she has gotten used to this one she goes crazy like she has never done for the other brands. I switched because my vet had recommended a few options for controlling shedding, vitamin supliments or a different food I researched what it was that made the food he recommended work and found out it was the omega proteins that are in higher quantity in this line of food. Her shedding as been greatly reduced. all winter she hardly shed anything and now that the weather has started to get warm she is shedding but it is far less than the previous three years at this time, normally I was vacuuming the couch every other day, now maybe once a week.

Flavor Selection
The Purina One smart blend with the added Omega proteins has 3 flavors in the local grocery store. I try to switch between them and my dog loves all three and just goes nuts when she smells the bag even if it is not feeding time.

Shelties Love It

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have two shetland sheepdogs. Before we got them, my husband did a lot of research on dog food brands. Purina One kept coming up as an excellent brand that is reasonably priced. We spoke to the breeder that we were getting the dogs from, and she said she feeds all of her dogs (and many of them are showdogs) Purina One. So we gave our shelties Purina One for puppies until they were a year old, and then we started them on Purina One Lamb and Rice. They stayed healthy on it, but they weren't always enthusiastic about eating it. Then the Purina One Smartblend came out, so we bought the Chicken and Rice Formula. Our dogs both loved it from the first time we gave it to them! We no longer have to coax them to eat, and they have stayed very healthy. They really enjoy the blend of crunchy and chewy pieces, and our vet says that it is a good dog food. The crunchy pieces are good for their teeth, and the chewy pieces keep them interested in the food. The price is reasonable, and this dog food is easy to find in several stores. My family is very happy to have this food for our sweet dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

Great product. My lab loves it.

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I got a sample of this in the mail. I have tried several different kinds of dog food for my black lab, but none did what this does for her. She has really bad skin allergies that she has to get shots for and nothing I used would ever help her with that. She would chew and lose all of her hair on her back and her tail from it. We tried the sample of this and she gulped it up in no time. She absolutely loved it. I liked the idea of it having healthy ingredients and that it has chunks of meat in it. We started buying this brand for her and her skin has cleared up and all her hair has grown back. This dog food has done wonders for my dog and her loving the taste of it is an added bonus.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients have helped her with her skin irritation and her hair loss. It has a taste that my dog loves and ingredients that are helping us keep her healthy.

Flavor Selection
My dog has had every flavor that I have found that they offer and has loved every one of them. I have found several different kinds of meats and rice they offer and she has loved them all.

• Flavor Selection:

My chihuahua loves Purina Smartblend chicken and rice.

Comments about Purina One SMARTBLEND Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

This is my dog's favorite food. The pieces are a good size for her. I had tried several brands of dog food before finding this one. I tried the Purina Smartblend because a friend recommended it. My dog only weighs 5lbs so a bag of this food last a long time. I also like that the pieces are small enough for her to eat. One of my cats also tries to sneak and eat pieces so it must taste good. I would recommend this food since my dog has no problems with this food and enjoys the taste of it.

Quality of Ingredients
My dog loves this food and it has good ingredients. Real chicken is the first ingredient and it's not filled with artificial flavorings and colors. I am very happy with it and the price is right . This food is easy to find and purchase online which I like a lot. My dog is healthy and it shows in her fur and eyes.

Flavor Selection
My dog loves the current flavors but I would like for them to add a few more. My dog loves the chicken and rice the best.