Other Dog Foods:
Models:
20147311, 2742011448
Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food

Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food

Pros

• Dog likes it (6)
  • Tasty (6)
  • Easy to digest (5)
  • Good value (4)
  • Improves coat (3)

• Active dogs (4)
  • Larger dogs (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (6)

Nice Basic Dog Food

I have tried a variety of dog foods throughout the years. My German Shepard/Lab mix isn't a picky eater. However, I can definitely tell when she particularly enjoys certain dog food. I just look for bargains and use coupons so she gets to try a wide selection. Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food was on sale at my local hardware store and I decided to give it a try. I do like the Purina brand and have tried several of their products. My dog is not overweight and gets plenty of exercise so that wasn't an issue. The ingredients seemed fairly healthy in comparison to a lot of brands I try. It is packed with protein and all the good things my dog needs to be healthy and energetic. It did seem to make her coat more shiny and glossy than normal. I could tell she liked the flavor cause she seemed to eat and snack more than usual. I really like the price point for this product. Yes I want my dog to be healthy but honestly money is tight and this dog food helped me stay on track with my budget.

It's an okay food but it needs less grains.

We bought this for our PittBull because he was getting a bit on the husky side even for his breed. He went from a healthy 80-90 pounds for his size up to an overweight 120 pounds for his size. We thought trying some of the weight formulas for dogs would help him drop the extra weight because taking him out for extra walks wasn't doing anything except causing me to lose weight.

At first, he did seem to lose a little weight. He went down to around 110 pounds but after that he sort of plateaued. I was only feeding him the recommended amount daily and then I lowered it some. It didn't seem to help. I took him to the vet and he just kept recommending diet, exercise, etc. the usual stuff you hear. We just didn't have great luck with him losing weight with this food.

My chief complaint with this food is that it has way too many grains and veggies in it. The ingredients list rice, corn meal, oatmeal, corn, wheat, soybeans, and the list goes on and on. It seems like an awful lot of filler and not a lot of meat. The first ingredient is turkey and then it lists poultry byproduct (I assume also turkey) and from there, there aren't any other meats listed. I doubt I would lose weight if I was just eating my veggies and turkey every day.

Quality of Ingredients
Turkey, brewers rice, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, poultry by-product meal, oat meal, whole grain wheat, corn germ meal, whole grain corn, soybean germ meal, animal fat ...

Let me stop there. The only meat in this is turkey. I know it lists poultry but I assume that's also turkey. The rest is just grains or something similar to grains. I think the ingredients need work. In nature, dogs are carnivores. They need more than just turkey everyday.

Flavor Selection
They have a variety of "flavors" but mostly the ingredients are the same. My dog liked the food but he didn't lose any significant weight and he certainly needs more than just turkey protein.

A Forever buy

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Tasty

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

This product works great on my dog. He is a real fussy eater and it's hard to find dog food he likes. This is both good tasting and affordable price. I love Purina❤️

I used this product for my dog

from pennsylvania

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

• Older Dogs

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

Gave to my dog twice a day

My Dogs Love It.

from Louisiana

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Tasty

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I have 6 dogs and all of them are different breeds. I have small to large dogs. I feed them Purina One on a daily basis. All 6 of my dogs love the taste. It's easy to digest and makes their coats shine. I also like that it helps maintain my dogs weight. I feel good knowing that Purina One uses high quality ingredients. Having 6 dogs can be costly and I'm glad that Purina One dog food is affordable. I also like that it's for all ages. My 10 year old lab has no problems eating it. The size is just right. My Veterinarian also recommended Purina One dog food. It's been around a very long to me. I also like that it's easy storing in my big dog food container. He holds up well. Overall, Purina One is my number one choice in providing my 6 dogs made with high ingredients. I recommend it to all dog lovers out there.

LOVE THIS FOOD!!

from Presque Isle, ME

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Easy To Digest
      • Good Value
      • Improves Coat
      • Nutritional
      • Tasty

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

This is the only food that I would feed my dog! To me its the best dog food you can get! When I got my puppy she was on a different brand of food that she just could not digest, she was getting and upset stomach. So we decided to switch to this brand and its absolutely amazing! She loves it! It's like shes getting a treat with every meal because of the Turkey bits! I fed this to my other dog who passed 2 years ago and she also loved it! I just would not buy anything different unless I absolutely had to!

Dog likes it, but see no change

from Dallas,TX

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Tasty

• Older Dogs

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

My dog isn't a picky eater, but there's certain dog food brands she won't touch. We got my pitbull Mini spayed last year. Since them, she put on a lot of weight. She gets great exercise daily and we don't overfeed her. We decided to change her dog food to this one. I really don't see any change. She's not losing weight or maintaining her weight. Yes, she likes the food, but it's not one she devours like with Pedigree. It has a lot of grains and very little meat. I actually notice she's gained weight. I know that every dog is differemt, but this didn't work for my Mini. I actually noticed her stool was a lot harder too. Don't think I'll be unchanging this again

Nice Basic Dog Food

from Pennsylvania

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Easy To Digest
          • Good Value
          • Improves Coat
          • Nutritional
          • Tasty

• Special Needs

Trustful

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

This highly nutritious dog food receives an above average rating from us for its good quality, healthy dry and canned dog foods that meet the AAFCO nutrient profiles for adult dogs and puppies. The company strives to produce great tasting dog foods that contain fresh meats, omega fatty acids and antioxidants at reasonable prices

Quality of Ingredients
            rain-free and meat-rich, Fromm Family Gold earns more enthusiastic recommendations

My dog eats it up

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

We have a chihuahua and he is a few pounds overweight. Our vet recommended this to us along with exercise for Dumbo. We had been leaving a constant dish of food available to him at all times, and he was eating out of boredom. We slowly weaned him down to 1/2 cup of food daily. This took him some time to get used to, and it was hard for my daughter not to over feed him. Finally, after a couple months, he did start losing weight. His hip problems have gotten better. I don't know that it is this food, or the change in activity and decrease in amount of food available. I am happy we are feeding him better ingredients, though.

Quality of Ingredients
            My vet said this is the best product for our budget. I am certain there are better, more expensive products out there, but I know there are many that are worse. I have read the ingredients, and the first are not fillers. I know I am feeding my dog a quality product.

Flavor Selection
            My dog seems to enjoy this food

• Flavor Selection:

Good for different types of dogs

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I have bounced around to a bunch of kinds of different dog foods over the years and this is one of the best. I have always had more then one dog at a time which can make it hard to choose the right kind of food. I had a chocolate lab with terrible skin issues, and a great Dane with stomach problems and this food suited both of them great. I first tried a special brand from the vets office which cost a fortune, it smelled awful, and my Dane did not like the taste of it, so I then got this kind and it was perfect. My lab's skin issues cleared up in a couple of weeks, and my Dane never had stomach problems again. I highly recommend this brand to multiple dog homes, and for dogs that are picky. I liked that it was easier to find and much cheaper then the brands offered in my vets office. After about a month on this kind of food, both my dogs had glossy and smooth coats, and had a much healthier body tone. I think its good for dogs who need to loose weight, if the feeding guidelines are followed it definitely works.

Best of the Best

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I have used this dog food before but do not regularly because it costs just a bit more than the regular dog foods. Evenstill, it is more affordable than some brands and comes from a name that we all know and trust, so it isn't that bad of a deal.

The dog food doesn't have a stinky flavor like so many of them do, and with Turkey as the main ingredient, it is healthy and delicious for your pet. My Buddy is very picky with the foods that he eats, but this is one that he enjoys. The fact that it is made with lean meat and packed with proteins to help maintain your dog's healthy weight is certainly an advantage that I enjoy.

Buddy approved product.

Quality of Ingredients
            Purina uses only top ingredients in all of their dog foods, including this one. It has turkey and rice inside of it which promotes healthy weight while giving your dog energy. Buddy is an older dog and he loves it. And, it has less fat in it than other brands.