Other Dog Foods:
Models:
20147311, 2742011448
Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food

Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food

Pros

• Dog likes it (9)
  • Tasty (9)
  • Easy to digest (8)
  • Good value (7)
  • Improves coat (6)

• Active dogs (6)
  • Larger dogs (5)
    • Quality of Ingredients:
    • Flavor Selection:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (9)

Nice Basic Dog Food

I have tried a variety of dog foods throughout the years. My German Shepard/Lab mix isn't a picky eater. However, I can definitely tell when she particularly enjoys certain dog food. I just look for bargains and use coupons so she gets to try a wide selection. Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food was on sale at my local hardware store and I decided to give it a try. I do like the Purina brand and have tried several of their products. My dog is not overweight and gets plenty of exercise so that wasn't an issue. The ingredients seemed fairly healthy in comparison to a lot of brands I try. It is packed with protein and all the good things my dog needs to be healthy and energetic. It did seem to make her coat more shiny and glossy than normal. I could tell she liked the flavor cause she seemed to eat and snack more than usual. I really like the price point for this product. Yes I want my dog to be healthy but honestly money is tight and this dog food helped me stay on track with my budget.

It's an okay food but it needs less grains.

We bought this for our PittBull because he was getting a bit on the husky side even for his breed. He went from a healthy 80-90 pounds for his size up to an overweight 120 pounds for his size. We thought trying some of the weight formulas for dogs would help him drop the extra weight because taking him out for extra walks wasn't doing anything except causing me to lose weight.

At first, he did seem to lose a little weight. He went down to around 110 pounds but after that he sort of plateaued. I was only feeding him the recommended amount daily and then I lowered it some. It didn't seem to help. I took him to the vet and he just kept recommending diet, exercise, etc. the usual stuff you hear. We just didn't have great luck with him losing weight with this food.

My chief complaint with this food is that it has way too many grains and veggies in it. The ingredients list rice, corn meal, oatmeal, corn, wheat, soybeans, and the list goes on and on. It seems like an awful lot of filler and not a lot of meat. The first ingredient is turkey and then it lists poultry byproduct (I assume also turkey) and from there, there aren't any other meats listed. I doubt I would lose weight if I was just eating my veggies and turkey every day.

Quality of Ingredients
Turkey, brewers rice, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, poultry by-product meal, oat meal, whole grain wheat, corn germ meal, whole grain corn, soybean germ meal, animal fat ...

Let me stop there. The only meat in this is turkey. I know it lists poultry but I assume that's also turkey. The rest is just grains or something similar to grains. I think the ingredients need work. In nature, dogs are carnivores. They need more than just turkey everyday.

Flavor Selection
They have a variety of "flavors" but mostly the ingredients are the same. My dog liked the food but he didn't lose any significant weight and he certainly needs more than just turkey protein.

I would buy this product again and again

from Oklahoma City,ok

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

My bullmastiff loved Purina one dog food. She normally is a picky eater,but not with Purina one. It's ingredients are natural and healthy. Her coat is very shiny.

Yorkie approved

from Las Vegas, NV

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

So my yorkie is the pickiest eater ever... but he absolutely loves proplan the little chunks of chicken in the dry dog food keeps him wanting more. It's more of a treat for him than a meal. He's happy so I'm happy!

Dog loved it!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I have been a long time pet owner and a long time customer of Purina. Their Purina One line of dog food is superb!
        First of all, my dog always seems to really enjoy the taste of the food offered by this brand. My vet has expressed concerned about my dogs excess weight so I was very pleased that Purina One offered a weight control variety and this type seemed to sacrifice unnecessary calories but not taste because my dog still ate it and seemed to enjoy doing so.
        The size of the kibble was appropriate for a wide variety of sizes and did not have a repulsive odor or any other negative physical aspects. It did not make a mess and was a truly hassle free experience that my dog enjoyed.
        I also really liked how the Purina One brand seems a lot healthier then what is currently offered from other national pet food brands. I know I can trust the brand to offer nutritional food that my dog will love eating!
        Overall, I would highly recommend Purina One weight formula dry dog food and will definetely be purchasing it again in the future!

A Forever buy

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Easy To Digest
        • Tasty

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

This product works great on my dog. He is a real fussy eater and it's hard to find dog food he likes. This is both good tasting and affordable price. I love Purina❤️

I used this product for my dog

from pennsylvania

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Easy To Digest
        • Good Value
        • Improves Coat
        • Nutritional
        • Tasty

• Older Dogs

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

Gave to my dog twice a day

My Dogs Love It.

from Louisiana

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Easy To Digest
          • Good Value
          • Tasty

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I have 6 dogs and all of them are different breeds. I have small to large dogs. I feed them Purina One on a daily basis. All 6 of my dogs love the taste. It's easy to digest and makes their coats shine. I also like that it helps maintain my dogs weight. I feel good knowing that Purina One uses high quality ingredients. Having 6 dogs can be costly and I'm glad that Purina One dog food is affordable. I also like that it's for all ages. My 10 year old lab has no problems eating it. The size is just right. My Veterinarian also recommended Purina One dog food. It's been around a very long to me. I also like that it's easy storing in my big dog food container. He holds up well. Overall, Purina One is my number one choice in providing my 6 dogs made with high ingredients. I recommend it to all dog lovers out there.

LOVE THIS FOOD!!

from Presque Isle, ME

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
            • Easy To Digest
            • Good Value
            • Improves Coat
            • Nutritional
            • Tasty

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

This is the only food that I would feed my dog! To me its the best dog food you can get! When I got my puppy she was on a different brand of food that she just could not digest, she was getting and upset stomach. So we decided to switch to this brand and its absolutely amazing! She loves it! It's like shes getting a treat with every meal because of the Turkey bits! I fed this to my other dog who passed 2 years ago and she also loved it! I just would not buy anything different unless I absolutely had to!

Dog likes it, but see no change

from Dallas,TX

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
              • Tasty

• Older Dogs

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

My dog isn't a picky eater, but there's certain dog food brands she won't touch. We got my pitbull Mini spayed last year. Since them, she put on a lot of weight. She gets great exercise daily and we don't overfeed her. We decided to change her dog food to this one. I really don't see any change. She's not losing weight or maintaining her weight. Yes, she likes the food, but it's not one she devours like with Pedigree. It has a lot of grains and very little meat. I actually notice she's gained weight. I know that every dog is differemt, but this didn't work for my Mini. I actually noticed her stool was a lot harder too. Don't think I'll be unchanging this again

Nice Basic Dog Food

from Pennsylvania

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
                • Easy To Digest
                • Good Value
                • Improves Coat
                • Nutritional
                • Tasty

• Special Needs

Trustful

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

This highly nutritious dog food receives an above average rating from us for its good quality, healthy dry and canned dog foods that meet the AAFCO nutrient profiles for adult dogs and puppies. The company strives to produce great tasting dog foods that contain fresh meats, omega fatty acids and antioxidants at reasonable prices

Quality of Ingredients
                  rain-free and meat-rich, Fromm Family Gold earns more enthusiastic recommendations

• Quality of Ingredients: