Other Dog Foods:
20147311, 2742011448
Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food

Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food

Nice Basic Dog Food

I have tried a variety of dog foods throughout the years. My German Shepard/Lab mix isn't a picky eater. However, I can definitely tell when she particularly enjoys certain dog food. I just look for bargains and use coupons so she gets to try a wide selection. Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food was on sale at my local hardware store and I decided to give it a try. I do like the Purina brand and have tried several of their products. My dog is not overweight and gets plenty of exercise so that wasn't an issue. The ingredients seemed fairly healthy in comparison to a lot of brands I try. It is packed with protein and all the good things my dog needs to be healthy and energetic. It did seem to make her coat more shiny and glossy than normal. I could tell she liked the flavor cause she seemed to eat and snack more than usual. I really like the price point for this product. Yes I want my dog to be healthy but honestly money is tight and this dog food helped me stay on track with my budget.

It's an okay food but it needs less grains.

We bought this for our PittBull because he was getting a bit on the husky side even for his breed. He went from a healthy 80-90 pounds for his size up to an overweight 120 pounds for his size. We thought trying some of the weight formulas for dogs would help him drop the extra weight because taking him out for extra walks wasn't doing anything except causing me to lose weight.

At first, he did seem to lose a little weight. He went down to around 110 pounds but after that he sort of plateaued. I was only feeding him the recommended amount daily and then I lowered it some. It didn't seem to help. I took him to the vet and he just kept recommending diet, exercise, etc. the usual stuff you hear. We just didn't have great luck with him losing weight with this food.

My chief complaint with this food is that it has way too many grains and veggies in it. The ingredients list rice, corn meal, oatmeal, corn, wheat, soybeans, and the list goes on and on. It seems like an awful lot of filler and not a lot of meat. The first ingredient is turkey and then it lists poultry byproduct (I assume also turkey) and from there, there aren't any other meats listed. I doubt I would lose weight if I was just eating my veggies and turkey every day.

Quality of Ingredients
Turkey, brewers rice, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, poultry by-product meal, oat meal, whole grain wheat, corn germ meal, whole grain corn, soybean germ meal, animal fat ...

Let me stop there. The only meat in this is turkey. I know it lists poultry but I assume that's also turkey. The rest is just grains or something similar to grains. I think the ingredients need work. In nature, dogs are carnivores. They need more than just turkey everyday.

Flavor Selection
They have a variety of "flavors" but mostly the ingredients are the same. My dog liked the food but he didn't lose any significant weight and he certainly needs more than just turkey protein.

Dog likes it, but see no change

from Dallas,TX

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Tasty

• Active Dogs
    • Larger Dogs
    • Older Dogs

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

My dog isn't a picky eater, but there's certain dog food brands she won't touch. We got my pitbull Mini spayed last year. Since them, she put on a lot of weight. She gets great exercise daily and we don't overfeed her. We decided to change her dog food to this one. I really don't see any change. She's not losing weight or maintaining her weight. Yes, she likes the food, but it's not one she devours like with Pedigree. It has a lot of grains and very little meat. I actually notice she's gained weight. I know that every dog is differemt, but this didn't work for my Mini. I actually noticed her stool was a lot harder too. Don't think I'll be unchanging this again

Nice Basic Dog Food

from Pennsylvania

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

• Larger Dogs
      • Special Needs

Trustful

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

This highly nutritious dog food receives an above average rating from us for its good quality, healthy dry and canned dog foods that meet the AAFCO nutrient profiles for adult dogs and puppies. The company strives to produce great tasting dog foods that contain fresh meats, omega fatty acids and antioxidants at reasonable prices

Quality of Ingredients
      rain-free and meat-rich, Fromm Family Gold earns more enthusiastic recommendations

My dog eats it up

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

We have a chihuahua and he is a few pounds overweight. Our vet recommended this to us along with exercise for Dumbo. We had been leaving a constant dish of food available to him at all times, and he was eating out of boredom. We slowly weaned him down to 1/2 cup of food daily. This took him some time to get used to, and it was hard for my daughter not to over feed him. Finally, after a couple months, he did start losing weight. His hip problems have gotten better. I don't know that it is this food, or the change in activity and decrease in amount of food available. I am happy we are feeding him better ingredients, though.

Quality of Ingredients
      My vet said this is the best product for our budget. I am certain there are better, more expensive products out there, but I know there are many that are worse. I have read the ingredients, and the first are not fillers. I know I am feeding my dog a quality product.

Flavor Selection
      My dog seems to enjoy this food

• Flavor Selection:

Good for different types of dogs

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I have bounced around to a bunch of kinds of different dog foods over the years and this is one of the best. I have always had more then one dog at a time which can make it hard to choose the right kind of food. I had a chocolate lab with terrible skin issues, and a great Dane with stomach problems and this food suited both of them great. I first tried a special brand from the vets office which cost a fortune, it smelled awful, and my Dane did not like the taste of it, so I then got this kind and it was perfect. My lab's skin issues cleared up in a couple of weeks, and my Dane never had stomach problems again. I highly recommend this brand to multiple dog homes, and for dogs that are picky. I liked that it was easier to find and much cheaper then the brands offered in my vets office. After about a month on this kind of food, both my dogs had glossy and smooth coats, and had a much healthier body tone. I think its good for dogs who need to loose weight, if the feeding guidelines are followed it definitely works.

Best of the Best

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I have used this dog food before but do not regularly because it costs just a bit more than the regular dog foods. Evenstill, it is more affordable than some brands and comes from a name that we all know and trust, so it isn't that bad of a deal.

The dog food doesn't have a stinky flavor like so many of them do, and with Turkey as the main ingredient, it is healthy and delicious for your pet. My Buddy is very picky with the foods that he eats, but this is one that he enjoys. The fact that it is made with lean meat and packed with proteins to help maintain your dog's healthy weight is certainly an advantage that I enjoy.

Buddy approved product.

Quality of Ingredients
      Purina uses only top ingredients in all of their dog foods, including this one. It has turkey and rice inside of it which promotes healthy weight while giving your dog energy. Buddy is an older dog and he loves it. And, it has less fat in it than other brands.

Nice!

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

I recently bought Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food for my ten year old over weight black and tan coon hound named Lady. She is very lazy, and very picky. Lady seems to like Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food very well. I am satisfied with this particular dog food formula because it has helped my dog to get to a healthier weight. I like that her coat seems shinier and healthier. My dog is more energetic and is healthier than ever now! I first heard about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food from a friend of mine, so I asked my veterinarian if it would be the right choice of dog food for my dog. He agreed that I should try it and I am glad I did. I do, however wish that it was a bit cheaper. It is hard to buy the best dog food for my little Lady every time.

Quality of Ingredients
      Purina has always had good quality of ingredients. I like knowing that my dog gets all the proper nutrition and is healthier when she eats Purina One dog food.

• Flavor Selection:

Best Food My Dog has EVER eatten!

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

My dog (a beagle mix) is a very picky eater, not to mention a member of the family, so we want the absolute best for her. This is the only brand she will eat & as a benefit it has cleared up her dry/oily skin! I have definitely been recommending this to other friends with dogs & I know a few have enjoyed it as well! I love being able to buy it offline & have it delivered to us as well!

Quality of Ingredients
      Great quality of ingredients. My picky dog wont eat anything else. We tryed store brands, other brand names & nothing! Not to mention, that our cats even like to sneak a bite in as well once in a while! :) Most ingredients use "fake" ingredients, just by looking & smelling this food, we (my husband and I) both feel more than safe to offer it to our dog!

Flavor Selection
      I find there is a great level of flavor selections. She is a bit of a picky eater, but every flavor we have put down for her, she has eaten it with no problems at all. By smelling it & opening the bag, we know she is getting a great flavour!

• Flavor Selection:

It's an okay food but it needs less grains.

from West Virginia

• Flavor Selection:

Dog food even picky dogs love

Comments about Purina One Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dog Food:

We adopted our Nova Scotian Duck Tolling Retriever from our local Humane Society. He came with a bag of Iams small bites kibbles. And he would not TOUCH the stuff. Even if we put gravy on it, he would lick the gravy and not touch the kibbles. After 5 days of this, I went out and purchased Purina One Healthy Weight Dog food. He was a bit hefty and the vet was concerned about his joints.

He gobbled up this food so fast we had to start giving it to him in very small portions to keep him from scarf and barfing. I was pleased because this dog food does not seem to have the same amount of fillers that many other dog foods do. While I cannot afford to feed grain free, this is one of the best options out there in my opinion.

Turkey is one of the first ingredients, not poultry by products. And since my dog will eat it, it is definitely a great choice. After about 2 months on Purina One, the vet had him in for vaccines, and was quite pleased by his weight loss. I was happy with Ben's gleaming coat and pristine teeth. So happy to have found this midrange dog food. I can feel like I am feeding my dog well without breaking our budget.