Other Dog Foods:

Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

My dogs enjoy it, it's heathy and a nice price!

My Beagle is a picky eater. She can tell less quality dog food by the first bite. I've tried many that say they're quality dog food, but my dog is the best judge. I've searched through trial and error to find a dog food that is healthy for her, stays within my budget and that she'll actually eat.

I finally found it in Purine One Adult Dog Lamb & Rice Formula which is a reasonably priced dog food that my dog enjoys. Made with Real Lamb, rich in protein for strong muscles and a healthy heart, rice that is gentle on the digestive system, rich in antioxidents for the imune system and omega fatty acids and vitamin E for healthy skin and coat.

So, with Purina One Adult Dog Lamb & Rice Formula dog food, I know I'm giving her the nutrition she needs at a price I like that I know she's going to eat.

You can find it in the pet aisle of your local grocer.

The chow-hounds agree to disagree on Purina One Lamb and Rice.

**ANOTHER BRIEF SCENE IN THE KITCHEN**MOM:  What is it with the two of you and **Purina ONE Lamb and Rice Formula**?  The first day you came running for breakfast, skidded to a halt and didn't eat a bite all day. SHELBY:  That stuff's tiny.  I don't get really good crunches out of it.DOLCE:  And it tastes common.  Grrrr...  Why did you change our food, anyway?MOM:  The vet told me **Purina ONE** is just fine for you gals.  He said if we wanted to save money we could buy it instead of... well, he called it "the gourmet food".SHELBY:  I'll bet the vet likes corn.  This stuff tastes like it has corn in it.  Like the stuff we ate when we lived with that other family.  *(Mom winces.)*DOLCE:  You've always seemed really sensitive, Mom.MOM:  *(Firmly.)  *Okay.  There *is* corn, but *lamb* is the first ingredient.  And I'm *still* sensitive.DOLCE:  How about by-products?  That lady at the Humane Society said we shouldn't eat by-products.MOM:  Well...  The third day, you chowed down when I put the bacon pieces in the **Purina**.SHELBY:  I love bacon.  Concentrated really hard on that, Mom.  I was* super hungry.*DOLCE:  You needed protein, Shel.MOM:  Twenty-six percent of **Purina Lamb and Rice** *is* protein.  This **Adult Formula**'s got Omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin E and A.  It has glucosamine for your joints and...DOLCE: *(Shaking her head.)*  We'll never make it through that 34-pound bag, Mom.DOGS:  Back to *Canidae* or *Nutro*, Mom.  You've lost your money on this one.MOM:  Okay girls.  But **Purina** promises to help me out if my dogs are picky.  They give a number on the bag.  If I call, they say they'll return my money.DOLCE:  Good luck on finding that receipt, Mom!SHELBY:  Let's all go to *Petco*!  *(Shelby tap-dances around the kitchen, her toenails clicking away.)  *We can buy some new food and get some really neat toys. # # # # #TunefulGal's cat did better with Purina and without discussion!  Please see:[www.viewpoints.com/Purina-ONE-Indoor-Advantage-Hairball-Healthy-Weight-Management-for-Cats-16lb-bag-review-3a260][1]
[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Purina-ONE-Indoor-Advantage-Hairball-Healthy-Weight-Management-for-Cats-16lb-bag-review-3a260

Doesn't upset dogs tummy & maintains healthy weight,coat,&health

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have had problems with some of the other flavors upsetting my dogs tummy's. But this seems to be just fine for them. My pug-boston mix tends to take out all the softer pieces though and leave the crunchier ones for last. My dogs seem to maintain a healthy weight with this food. I recommend this product and flavor for dogs with sensitive tummy's. I have been using this food for almost 10 years.

Quality of Ingredients
I have not seen anything wrong with the ingredients, the dog's coat is shiny, no health problems, and a healthy weight. You hear people say on TV all the time to avoid certain ingredients, but I truly feel that if coat, weight, and health are good, you probably have a good food.

Flavor Selection
There are several flavors for this type of food but the lamb and rice seems to be best for my dogs. My dogs could rarely keep down the beef and rice. My pug boston mix dances for this food so I take it that she approves of this flavor as well!

My Dogs love it

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have 6 dogs and they love this food. I also give them the chicken and rice kind. They go through it and it the lamb or chicken pieces first out of excitement then move on to the regular pieces. I also told my sister about this food because her dog had skin problems and I thought it may have been the food. Her dog does better on this food and does not scratch as much and her skin clear up. This food is ok for all size dogs. I have cocker spaniels, miniature dashaund and beagles and they are all able to eat it. My sister has a big lab and a little terrier and they both can eat it with no problem. Over all I am very happy with this food and it is all my dogs eat. I will say my dogs prefer the chicken kind but they will eat the lamb. If your dogs have allergy or sensitive tummy's they do say to feed them lamb.

Quality of Ingredients
Very good. They list good ingredients on the label first and my vet says to always check the first few ingredients for fillers.

Flavor Selection
Good it comes in Lamb and Chicken.

• Flavor Selection:

whats with the soft things

from Slingerlands, NY

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My dog always has eaten purina one or pro plan, which seems to be an almost identical product. However, since the introduction of the soft bits, in all products, she will not eat them at all. She will eat around the soft bits and there will be a bowl with only those remaining. It seems like such a waste of money to me, since half of the food is now wasted. She always liked the previous product, but now we are forced to switch to some other brand.

My Dog Loves This Food!!!

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

My 3-yr-old Puggle is a very finicky eater. When I had him on Pedigree, he seemed to throw it up all the time. I tried the Purina One, and he loves it! I like how there are different textures of kibble--some hard, some soft--and that the pieces aren't too big or too small for him. With the Pedigree, Pugsley would eat only a bit, but with the Purina One, he licks the bowl clean every time.

Dog Lovers!

from Plant City, FL

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I purchased the Purina One Lamb and Rice dog food and my dog loves it. By the time I put the food in the bowl he has eaten all of it. I used to feed him any dog food and he was ok with it. But I have noticed how much he loves the lamb and rice. We will be sticking with this food.

Purinia One Adult Dog Food Lamb and Rice

from Hopkinsville, KY

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I like this dog food because if you read the lable it has real meat as the first ingredients. My dog loves to eat this and it is good for her. The lamb and rice is easy to digest and she seems to have less gas. Her coat is soft and shiny. Wish it was a bit cheaper but I guess you get what you pay for in this case.

Purina One is great!

from Aurora, IL

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

This brand of dog food I noticed helped my dog! He seemed to like it more than the cheap stuff and the expensive other brands where just not budget friendly. And to be honest when your dog eats good quality food he goes you know what outside less. :-)

Purina One Adult dog lamb & Rice is my dogs favorite

from Savannah, MO

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I would recommend this dog food to anyone. I am all about feeding a dog good food. I know this food is a little pricey, but I am willing to pay a little more in order for my dog to be healthy. I have always fed my dogs this food and will not switch to anything else.

Beat's my cooking, according to the dog!

from Malvern, OH

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I had been making my own dog food to assure good nutrition. The Purina One Dog Food Lamb and Rice has taken my one year old from it's awkward stage ti full, handdome maturity with no fuss, no muss. Her coat draws comments from everyone who sees here. As a black greyhouse, she is sleek and now she is so shiny, it's the first thing many people see! I didn't think anything was better for my dog than the food I cooked twice a week before, but I was wrong. Both doggie mommie and doggie dog are very happy with Purina One Dog Food -Lamb& Rice. It's the food you can buy with confidence for your sensitive dog and be assured that your picky dog will like it too. No more half eaten bowls attracting ants!

PurinaOne Lamb and Rice Pet Food

from Katy, TX

Comments about Purina ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have been using PurinaOne for my dogs over 14 years now. It is one dog food that has never been recalled and extremely genetle for my pet's digestive system. She enjoys the Lamb & Rice which was recommended by our Vet because it is a well balanced food.