Other Dog Foods:
Purina
2013640
Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food

Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food

Pros

• Dog likes it (6)
  • Good value (5)
  • Nutritional (3)
  • Tasty (3)

• Smaller dogs (6)
  • Older dogs (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (5)

My dogs love it and refuse to eat any other brand.

My picky dogs love Purina Little Bites. They are very picky and REFUSE to eat anything else. I tried Iams dog food before I found Little Bites because I heard it was the best and my pups snarled their noses at it and walked away.  This is the best food I have found that is affordable for those of us that have very little money to stretch. I also love the fact that I can find it at any local grocery store and I don't have to "special order" it or buy it from a vet and pay 10 times as much as I can afford. My pups get excited as soon as they see me walk in with a bag. It's as if they think it's a treat! They must love it. There are no cons to Purina Little Bites. The only thing that I would like to see change is for a zip top to be added for freshness. A zip top would also prevent the occasional spill from happening because the top would be securely closed. If a zip top seal was added to the bags, I would be a 100% happy customer.

Purina Little Bites will do in a Pinch

Dog food can get expensive and the money can really pile up fast when you have a large breed. When cash is tight, you may need to consider a cheaper brand and one possibility is **Purina Little Bites, **a dog food from largest maker of pet food.

**Dog Food Commentary:**

Purina Little Bites is an adult dog food sold in most grocery stores and in most any large pet store. This pet food lists corn, meat & bone meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, and animal fat as its main ingredients and it supplies a decent amount of protein (28%), below average fat (11%), and higher than average carbohydrates (52%). It contains enough nutrition to make it acceptable to most dog owners and with such a cheap price, it fits easily into most any family budget.

Besides its acceptability to dog owners, Purina Little Bites is generally acceptable to most dogs. My dog doesn’t eat this product with the vigor that he often displays with other dog foods, but he does find this product acceptable. The small- size kibbles are good for smaller breeds and the crunchy texture is good for a dog’s teeth.

Purina Little Bites is easy to find and the price is right, but this dog food has certain qualities that make it less attractive. The ingredients are not the best, and there are several questionable ones on the list, including artificial colors, sodium bisulfite, and other by- products. The protein level isn’t bad, but the primary source of protein is animal by- products as opposed to the real meat found in the more premium brands.

** **

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Purina Little Bites is an average dog food product that will do in a pinch. I don’t think I would serve this product to my dog on a regular basis due to the questionable ingredients and many animal by- products. The low price tag is very tempting and it makes a decent choice when funds are tight or I need to grab a small bag and don’t have time to visit a large pet store. However, I consider Purina Little Bites only worthy of an average rating overall and I recommend it only in limited quantities.

Quality of Ingredients
Some good ingredients, some not so good

Flavor Selection
Could use more selection, but my dog accepts it

It works..

from Lafayette, LA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

my dog ate this dog food for years, she seems to like this dry dog food. she is getting older though. I switched to a softer type dog food but she does not like the change. I am thinking about switching back.

Love it

from Louisiana

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Good Value

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

Our dog is a smaller dog mixed breed loves small bites easy for her to chew

Yes I would definitely buy again

from San Diego ca

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Easy To Digest
      • Good Value
      • Improves Coat
      • Nutritional
      • Tasty

• Active Dogs
        • Larger Dogs
        • Puppies
        • Special Needs

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I totally love buying this dog food for my puppy she loves it she starts jumping all over the place when she sees that I'm going to serve her food I noticed her energy is very good and her furry body is soft so I'm happy giving her this food great quality

Just good food

from Norfolk, VA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Good Value
        • Nutritional
        • Tasty

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

This was recommended by a vet at ny request for her opinion on a small size kibble that did not cost an arm and a leg. You see,my llasa apso has a hobby. She eats. Dhe lves food too much. She has put on a few pounds she is 13 years old so losing weight was important. She loves the taste, the size and I love the price. Its just good food.

Excellent for little dogs!

from Reading, PA

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Easy To Digest

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I adopted a ten year old retired service dog four years ago. Little information about him was given to me due to the circumstances on which he became available. For instance, I had NO idea what dog food he liked! Over the past four years, I have learned that while he may love wet food, because of his teeth and being a small dog, solid food is better for his teeth, to prevent tooth loss. Some other brands of dog food were almost TOO hard for him to munch on. When I came upon this brand in the stores about two years ago, he fit the description so I purchased a small bag. We finally have a winner. The pieces are small (just like he prefers) and while they are chewy, they are not hard and crunchy. He prefers the chicken flavor over the beef, but will eat them both. I feed once per day and on most days, with two hours his plate is clean.

my dogs love this food!!

from phillipsburg,nj

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
            • Good Value
            • Nutritional
            • Tasty

• Active Dogs
              • Larger Dogs

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I have 4 dogs ages range from 2-8yrs old. They all love this food I've never had any problems with them eating it. It always smells fresh and looks good. My 8 yr old Chihuahua has had many teeth removed last year and still loves to eat this hard dog food we tried to stictly give her soft food but we free feed all the dogs and she was still going for this food. Its great for small and large dogs. Are 2 Australian shepherd love the small bites too!!

Perfect for our dog.

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I love this specific variety of Purina dog food because its tailored for our dog. She is a small breed dog and an older dog with brittle teeth so the small bite sized pieces are perfect for her. She has actually choked on other brands and that's scary and not something we ever have to worry about again, thanks to Purina Little Bites. The food is dry and that is essential as wet dog foods carry less nutrition and can cause digestion problems or stomach irritability. Our dog will get instant diarrhea from wet dog food so dry food is a must for her.

Quality of Ingredients
              While I think this variety of Purina does not include organic/more heartier and healthier ingredients as others, it is still nutritionally balanced for our specific dog.

Flavor Selection
              No varieties of flavors to choose from like some of the other Purina dog foods but the our dog likes the flavors that are in Purina Little Bites so it's not that big of a deal for us.

• Flavor Selection:

Great for multiple dog households!

from Ohio

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

My dogs all love Purina Little Bites! They prefer the tiny morsels over most regular adult dry dog foods. Both of my dogs love this food, they are full-grown and Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food is the best choice in dry dog food because the small morsels are much more appealing to them, like puppy chow- but packed with all of the nutrition they need. This is also available at a great price and you can purchase it almost anywhere. Not only do they prefer the tiny size of the food but they really like the flavor as well. They are both very picky and have never turned down a nice bowl of Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food! They have never gotten sick and the food seems light and easy for them to digest properly. I would definitely recommend this food to anyone looking for a balanced dry dog food that is safe for multiple dogs that range in size!

Quality of Ingredients
              Purina Little Bites is packed with nutrition to keep your dog's coat shiny and healthy. The little bites are great for digestion in dogs of all sizes!

Flavor Selection
              Dogs love the meaty flavor!

This dog food is great

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I have two small dogs and they have been purina dogs since they were puppies. They have always had very sensitive stomachs and purina little bites has always been a great food my little doggies. My dog's are very healthy because of their awesome food.

Good for Little Dogs

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I have a miniature dachshund and she started out on Purina Little Bites. It's good for miniature breeds who have a hard time chewing the regular-sized kibble. Sometimes it can be difficult to find dog food that is for smaller, adult dogs and not puppies. It says it's meant for indoor dogs (shouldn't all dogs fall under this category, though?) Eventually she got tired of the taste and I had to buy her new dog food, but she's also a bit spoiled. I found if you add a bit of water to moisten it, then they will become re-interested in their food. You can't beat the price, though--it's one of the cheaper dog foods with a good brand reputation--and it's easy to find. All the big box stores carry it. If you can afford a higher quality dog food, I suggest you get it since it will help your dog live longer. But if you're on a budget, this is a pretty good one to get. I give it an above average rating because of the filler that is used.