Other Dog Foods:

Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

My dogs love it and refuse to eat any other brand.

My picky dogs love Purina Little Bites. They are very picky and REFUSE to eat anything else. I tried Iams dog food before I found Little Bites because I heard it was the best and my pups snarled their noses at it and walked away.  This is the best food I have found that is affordable for those of us that have very little money to stretch. I also love the fact that I can find it at any local grocery store and I don't have to "special order" it or buy it from a vet and pay 10 times as much as I can afford. My pups get excited as soon as they see me walk in with a bag. It's as if they think it's a treat! They must love it. There are no cons to Purina Little Bites. The only thing that I would like to see change is for a zip top to be added for freshness. A zip top would also prevent the occasional spill from happening because the top would be securely closed. If a zip top seal was added to the bags, I would be a 100% happy customer.

Purina Little Bites will do in a Pinch

Dog food can get expensive and the money can really pile up fast when you have a large breed. When cash is tight, you may need to consider a cheaper brand and one possibility is **Purina Little Bites, **a dog food from largest maker of pet food.

**Dog Food Commentary:**

Purina Little Bites is an adult dog food sold in most grocery stores and in most any large pet store. This pet food lists corn, meat & bone meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, and animal fat as its main ingredients and it supplies a decent amount of protein (28%), below average fat (11%), and higher than average carbohydrates (52%). It contains enough nutrition to make it acceptable to most dog owners and with such a cheap price, it fits easily into most any family budget.

Besides its acceptability to dog owners, Purina Little Bites is generally acceptable to most dogs. My dog doesn’t eat this product with the vigor that he often displays with other dog foods, but he does find this product acceptable. The small- size kibbles are good for smaller breeds and the crunchy texture is good for a dog’s teeth.

Purina Little Bites is easy to find and the price is right, but this dog food has certain qualities that make it less attractive. The ingredients are not the best, and there are several questionable ones on the list, including artificial colors, sodium bisulfite, and other by- products. The protein level isn’t bad, but the primary source of protein is animal by- products as opposed to the real meat found in the more premium brands.

** **

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Purina Little Bites is an average dog food product that will do in a pinch. I don’t think I would serve this product to my dog on a regular basis due to the questionable ingredients and many animal by- products. The low price tag is very tempting and it makes a decent choice when funds are tight or I need to grab a small bag and don’t have time to visit a large pet store. However, I consider Purina Little Bites only worthy of an average rating overall and I recommend it only in limited quantities.

Quality of Ingredients
Some good ingredients, some not so good

Flavor Selection
Could use more selection, but my dog accepts it

my dogs love this food!!

from phillipsburg,nj

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Active Dogs
    • Larger Dogs
    • Older Dogs
    • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I have 4 dogs ages range from 2-8yrs old. They all love this food I've never had any problems with them eating it. It always smells fresh and looks good. My 8 yr old Chihuahua has had many teeth removed last year and still loves to eat this hard dog food we tried to stictly give her soft food but we free feed all the dogs and she was still going for this food. Its great for small and large dogs. Are 2 Australian shepherd love the small bites too!!

Perfect for our dog.

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I love this specific variety of Purina dog food because its tailored for our dog. She is a small breed dog and an older dog with brittle teeth so the small bite sized pieces are perfect for her. She has actually choked on other brands and that's scary and not something we ever have to worry about again, thanks to Purina Little Bites. The food is dry and that is essential as wet dog foods carry less nutrition and can cause digestion problems or stomach irritability. Our dog will get instant diarrhea from wet dog food so dry food is a must for her.

Quality of Ingredients
    While I think this variety of Purina does not include organic/more heartier and healthier ingredients as others, it is still nutritionally balanced for our specific dog.

Flavor Selection
    No varieties of flavors to choose from like some of the other Purina dog foods but the our dog likes the flavors that are in Purina Little Bites so it's not that big of a deal for us.

• Flavor Selection:

Great for multiple dog households!

from Ohio

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

My dogs all love Purina Little Bites! They prefer the tiny morsels over most regular adult dry dog foods. Both of my dogs love this food, they are full-grown and Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food is the best choice in dry dog food because the small morsels are much more appealing to them, like puppy chow- but packed with all of the nutrition they need. This is also available at a great price and you can purchase it almost anywhere. Not only do they prefer the tiny size of the food but they really like the flavor as well. They are both very picky and have never turned down a nice bowl of Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food! They have never gotten sick and the food seems light and easy for them to digest properly. I would definitely recommend this food to anyone looking for a balanced dry dog food that is safe for multiple dogs that range in size!

Quality of Ingredients
    Purina Little Bites is packed with nutrition to keep your dog's coat shiny and healthy. The little bites are great for digestion in dogs of all sizes!

Flavor Selection
    Dogs love the meaty flavor!

This dog food is great

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I have two small dogs and they have been purina dogs since they were puppies. They have always had very sensitive stomachs and purina little bites has always been a great food my little doggies. My dog's are very healthy because of their awesome food.

Good for Little Dogs

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I have a miniature dachshund and she started out on Purina Little Bites. It's good for miniature breeds who have a hard time chewing the regular-sized kibble. Sometimes it can be difficult to find dog food that is for smaller, adult dogs and not puppies. It says it's meant for indoor dogs (shouldn't all dogs fall under this category, though?) Eventually she got tired of the taste and I had to buy her new dog food, but she's also a bit spoiled. I found if you add a bit of water to moisten it, then they will become re-interested in their food. You can't beat the price, though--it's one of the cheaper dog foods with a good brand reputation--and it's easy to find. All the big box stores carry it. If you can afford a higher quality dog food, I suggest you get it since it will help your dog live longer. But if you're on a budget, this is a pretty good one to get. I give it an above average rating because of the filler that is used.

My Scottie loves Purina Little Bites.

from Wayland, MA

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I am the proud owner of a black scottish terrier, Duncan. I primarily feed him Purina Little Bites for his crunchy dog food, and he loves it so much! Whenever I put the bowl full of Purina Little Bites down, he comes scurrying into the kitchen and chows down. Purina Little Bites is the crunchy dog food he really does a big munch down on. There have been times where I take a trip to my local grocery store and use a coupon for different brands of crunchy dog food. When I put the different brand of crunchy dog food down, he eats it, but he always leaves a little in the dish. No other brand of crunchy dog food makes my little black scottish terrier as happy as he is when he is munching down on Purina Little Bites. No other brand of crunchy dog food satisfies his little puppy taste buds. Sometimes it's nice to have a coupon to use for a different brand, however after seeing how my scottie reacts to his little bites, I can never go to a different brand.

My Jack Russell Loves Purina Small Bites!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

I am a long-time user of Purina products and I have always been very pleased with the fact that my pets have always loved their products. I have always reccommended this Company to everyone I know and will continue to use it for my pets.

We adopted a dog this fall and he had issues with the type of food he would eat. I had coupons for Purina so I went to the store and bought it. Knowing Jack's are smaller jawed, I bought the Little Bites. He always looks so eager when I scoop the food from the bag because he knows he is going to enjoy his Purina! My dog has preferred this brand over all other brands but one other and I realized exactly why. Purina provides a variety of flavors and textures and that pleases my dog very much. Knowing he is also getting the nutrition that he needs at such a great price is pleasing to me. I like the fact that I can buy this product that is available almost everywhere!

Purina Little Bites is the best!

from Corona, CA

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

Typically it takes my dog 45 minutes to eat, but once I switched to Purina Little bits it only takes her 20 minutes to eat. She chows down on her food and she loves the little bits. Last week my roommates bought a different brand of dog food and my dog's refused to eat. I even tried to put wet food (which is a treat for them) and they still refused to eat their dinner. I came to the conclusion that the size of the pieces were just to big for them.

After eating Purina LB, instead of "woof", my dog barked, "meh"

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

Purina Little Bites Brand Dog Chow is to dog food what vanilla is to ice cream - good, but not great. Atleast, that's what my dog tells me(he learned sign language... smart pooch!)! For the money, though, it's still a good value.

One of the main drawbacks of this Purina brand dog food is the size of the chunks of food. My dog, a terrier, used to love the Purina Puppy Chow, but we upgraded to the Little Bites, as my dog is no longer a puppy and has different nutritional needs. The problem is that the Little Bites, made for smaller dogs, is alot bigger compared to the Puppy Chow chunk size. This new size threw my dog for a loop, at first.

Another issue with the Purina Little Bites Brand is the taste factor. I have no idea what the difference is in the formulas between Little Bites and Puppy Chow, but it seems my dog enjoyed the Puppy Chow much more. Unless I get down on my hands and knees and take a taste test for myself(probably better than my wife's cooking, though!), we'll just chalk this up to a variable.

Unfortunately, as much as my dog loved Puppy Chow, he dislikes Little Bites for whatever reason, and we have changed brands. I do have to say, that Purina does make healthy dog foods as opposed to cheaper generic brands. Their foods contain no melamine, which is a dangerous filler material some dog foods still use.

Purina Little Bites is a good dog food, but there are better ones out there. The large dog food chunks and so-so taste, makes my doggie want something new.

My baby dog loves it!

from Oregon, OH

Comments about Purina Little Bites Dry Dog Food:

My dog Chloe is 4 years old and has been raised on Purina Little Bites dog food. Chloe is a mixed breed and weighs approximately twenty pounds. I have found that when I use other brands the food peebles are just too big for my small dog. Chloe would have to spit out the big chunks and bite them to break them up enough so she could chew and swallow them. Purina Little Bites has been a life saver. The chunks are small and easy for a smaller dog to put up and chew. My dog loves the taste and it is usually the only food offered to my dog. I like the medium size bag best myself, because my dog doesn't eat alot. The bag seems to stay fresher for smaller dogs. By the way, this size bag seems to last bout three months for my little dog. The color of the food is a tan and sort of reddish color. My dog eats one peeble at a time. I tried several other brands when my dog was younger and nothing seemed to work as well as the Purina Little Bite brand. If you have a smaller dog this is definitely a keeper brand for you.