Other Cat Foods:
Purina

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Friskies Seafood Sensations is only food my cats will eat..!

*We've had a cat named Monty for a couple years now and recently aquired another kitten. Monty would eat just about anything you'd put in front of him for a long time, but when we got our other kitten, Chubber, my husband decided to get Friskies Seafood Sensations for the both of them. Now, I know that cats are just that, cats, and a lot of people will just feed them what they can afford at the time; same for us. But once we bought the Friskies Seafood sensations for our cats, they just freaked out, literally. Everytime we would feed them they would act like they were starving; they'd scarf up the food like there was no tomorrow. Didn't matter if they were fed a few hours previously, or not. Everyone knows that cats love seafood as it is, but this food has just about everything they could ever want to ask for; if they could talk that is. They love the ocean fish, tuna, salmon & crab that's in it. It also has a touch of seaweed. I don't quite understand the seaweed aspect of it but now, whenever we try to feed them something different they snub their noses at it. They would rather not eat if they couldn't have the Seafood Sensations. So, we've had to get this product for them and that's okay as it's not to expensive. We bought a smaller bag of it previously but that didn't last long at all. So we have to buy the 16 lb. bag; it does last at least 2 weeks. If you want your cats to be happy, you'll have to try this product.*

Cats really didn't seem to enjoy this variety

I have bought several varieties of Friskies in several of their product lines and I figure this one would be no different. My cats aren't overly picky when it comes to hard food and will eat nearly anything I put in their dish.

I purchased this one because of the Seafood Sensations part. It not only rolls off the tongue but it just seems like something cats would enjoy because of the seafood. I was proven wrong quite quickly. My two oldest cats wanted nothing to do with these and my youngest kitten who eats everything she can get into even ignored this food.

One of my older cats tried to cover this food up as if it was something he had left in the litter box.

I've never had this experience with any Friskies and I still buy other Friskies products but it took forever to get rid of this food and my two larger cats actually lost weight while I was feeling this to them. Every time I filled their dishes up, they would follow me around meowing as if asking me if I was going to feed them something else that was more edible.

I tried mixing this with water to soften it, mixing it with wet food, and even mixing with another dry food but they always tried to pick out the more flavorful food and would leave this one behind until they were hungry enough to eat it.

Other cats may enjoy it but my brood just wasn't thrilled.

Quality of Ingredients
Something in this just turned all three of my cats away so I can't say confidently that the ingredients are very good.

Flavor Selection
Friskies has a great variety of flavors but as far as this particular seafood variety, I think that's the only options. I don't think you can choose salmon or tuna or any particular seafood. The brand as a whole though has lots of options.

Not for my cat

from TN

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

I have one female cat that eats pretty much the same brand and the same flavor of cat food on a daily basis. When I was in my local store to buy her normal cat food I noticed there were a lot of other choices. I ran across this Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations dry cat food and decided to buy it so she could try it out. I chose this cat food because I trust the Purina brand and also because the flavor sounded like something she would enjoy. My cat seemed to really enjoy this food. She was quickly drawn to it and she ate it pretty fast. Later on after she ate it she seemed to be pretty lazy, which is not normal for her. Along with a little laziness I noticed she had an accident because she could not make it to her litter box in time. I think the change in food did not sit well with her stomach. I did not let her eat the food again because I was worried it would it make her feel bad again. After a while she was back to her normal self. I would still recommend this cat food to others to try out with their pets because every cat is different. Just because the food did not sit well with my cat does not mean that it will not with others too.

Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations dry food

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

This is a good high quality dry cat food that Purina makes. It has a combination of several different seafood like, salmon, ocean fish, crab, and tuna. The food has different shapes to it, one shape for each different kind of seafood. The pieces are small and crunchy and my cat really seems to like it. It does not have an odor like some dry pet foods can, does have a slight fishy scent to it but I guess that is to be expected seeing it's seafood based. Price is decent, some stores sell it cheaper than others so shop around.

Quality of Ingredients
They seem to be of high quality, I do not eat it so I can only assume based on how my cat reacts to it. It has never made him sick, which some foods have, so to me that means it is of good quality.

Flavor Selection
This dry food combines several different seafood flavors into one bag. There is ocean fish, tuna, salmon, and crab pieces mixed in. My cat seems to enjoy all the different flavors offered in this food.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

I have three older male cats and the oldest is twenty one years old. They all like the seafood sensations but I generally change from bag to bag with another Purina flavor. They are picky and will get bored witrh the same flavor over a long period of time. It's a pretrty good dry food but you need to discuss with your vet if this is the right food for your cats. Older cats like mine need less protein according to the vet so do your homework to make sure your cats are getting what's best for them.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients are typical for this type of dry food. I wish there was less corn but my cats have been eating this type of food their whole lives and are healthy so I have no real issues with the ingredients.

Flavor Selection
Well it's a seafood sensation flavor so that's the flavor. There are some other Purina / Friskies flavors that are in the same price range as this. Purina makes Friskies which was originally Little Friskies.

• Flavor Selection:

I am convinced! My cat loves it!

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

After reading the ingredients on the Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food packet, I was highly impressed with the good quality ingredients that are packed into the cat food product and decided to buy it as I my cat loves his fishy tasting meals. As I thought he loved it and its great for combining with his wet food and he goes gaga for it, he won’t even move his nose away as I am mixing and spreading it apart with his spoon. I am convinced by his healthy appetite for it to continue buying the Friskies Seafood Sensations. The Friskies Seafood Sensations dry cat food also states that it provides a balanced nutrition for my adult cat needs and had interesting features with giving my cat strong muscles, healthy immune system, clear vision and healthy skin which I am more than happy to provide for my cat. So it’s not only a cat meal but it’s packed with bonus health traits that are ideal for keeping my adult cat healthy and strong.

Friskey cat food

from Morriston, FL

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

Have been feeding this brand to all my cats for years, at present have 4 cats, and they all love it. Their ages range from 2 years to 15 years. Just recently lost my cat of 20 years, she has been on this food her whole life, and was always in good health. Have tried other brands, but they would not eat it, even after a few days, so back to Friskey cat food. The only one they will all eat.

Quality of Ingredients
My cats have thrived on this food for over 25 years. All in good health and the correct weight, so would say the quality is great. Dry food has been fed to them the most,as it helps to keep their teeth healthy. I fill their bowls up and they eat when they want, if it goes empty they usually let me know.

Flavor Selection
Plenty of variation to choose from, they love them all. I mix them up. The seafood sensation seems to be one of their favorites , along with the indoor, which is good for them as I do not let my cats outside, except for the few times that they sneak by me.

Friskies

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

My cat will turn up his nose at other brands and flavors. He will eventually eat it but before letting me know it is not Friskies!

Quality of Ingredients
It has all the seafood I love giving my cat! He love it too and cleans his bowl every time.

Flavor Selection
The seafood is the main ingredient and that are the flavors my cat loves. He is a different sort as he verbally lets me know if he likes it or not. Seafood I get purrs and rubbed.

My Cat Likes Friskies Seafood Sensations

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

This is one cat food that my cat does like to eat. He is rather picky and I have to constantly change brands to find one he likes. I pour it in his bowl and he eats most of it. It has good ingredients full of nutrients that keep him healthy. He loves the Seafood taste. I have tried many other foods that he will eat a few bites of but never seems satisfied , but Friskies seafood sensations seem to fill him right up and he does not keep circling his bowl and meowing at me. It is affordable too and have found it on sale frequently. There are also coupons for it. If your cat is particularly picky or fussy about their food, give this one a try. Your cat may just love it. It does not upset my cats stomach like some foods do so I think it would be good for sensitive stomach cats as well. It may be too much for kittens though so I would not recommend it for them. Give it a try, your cat may love it! Mine does!

Great Taste

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

All four of our cats cannot wait to dig into the bowl when I fill it with Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations cat foot. Purina always provides the nutrition needed for my cats to be healthy, and they love the taste! Two of my cats are very hard to please with regard to what dry food they will eat, but they never refuse this brand and flavor of cat food.

My cat says "yummmmm"

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

This Purina Friskies Dry Cat Food is a true favorite of my cat's meal choice. I have bought him all the flavors the Purina produces, but the Seafood Sensations is his first choice. He will come running when I open the bag and pretty much dances all around me to his bowl area!

Quality of Ingredients
Purina is a quality brand with a history of producing and marketing top notch pet foods. With a reputation to uphold I am sure that the ingredients are of a quality to meet Purina's mission. The label on the bag lists Protein, Fat, and Fiber as the first main ingredients that are combined with a variety of minerals and vitamins.

Flavor Selection
The Purina Friskies dry cat food is available in four different flavors. Grillers Tender & Crunchy, Indoor Delights, Surfin & Turfin and Seafood Sensations. The Seafood Sensations is a mix of pieces flavored with fish, shrimp, salmon, tuna and seaweed. All my favorites too!!

• Flavor Selection:

My cats LOVE this cat food.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food:

My cats are very picky and spiteful when it comes to their food I chose. The Purina Friskies cat foods they will always eat and like. They especially like the Purina Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry Cat Food. They will not eat very many other brands of cat food and be happy. If I buy my cats a different brand of food they will go to the bathroom in my house in other places than they are supposed to.

Quality of Ingredients
I feel like this is one of the better foods to feed my cats. They enjoy the flavors and the textures that the kibble contains.

Flavor Selection
There are so many different flavors to choose from when it comes to the Purina Friskies brand of cat food. Everyone I have trusted thus far my cats will more than happily eat and not give me any issues about it. We have looked into other brands and could not find nearly as many different choices on the flavor and what they do. My cats especially like the food the has the urinary protection things added into it.