Other Cat Foods:

Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

yum! yum! Friskies Canned Cat Food delicious to my cats!

FRISKIES CANNED Friskies canned food has been a safe, nutritional favorite with all of my cats for over twenty-five years. (One of my cats, Sierra, lived to the ripe old age of 21 and ate Friskies canned food. Cats crave variety (as well as good food) and Friskies canned food certainly delivers on variety. Friskies canned food was one of the few North American brand cat foods that was not tainted by the tragic Menu Foods recall of March, 2007. Most cats will not tolerate eating the same brand of food all of their lives (whether during one life or all nine), but Friskies canned food is good to throw in the mix for variety.

Advantages

The main advantage of Friskies canned food is that it's easy to find. It's made by Nestle Corporation, which is one of the largest and most successful conglomerates in the history of the universe (or so it seems). You can find it in grocery stores, drug stores, department stores as well as pet and feed stores. Even the smallest of corner shops seem to sell a couple of flavors of Friskies.

Another advantage is that it's relatively inexpensive (but don't tell your cat that. Pretend that Friskies costs a fortune and your cat will be more inclined to eat it). You can often find coupons, in-store promotions and sales for Friskies canned food, as well, which makes you save even more money.

The 5.5 ounce cans serve two cats at one time. So, if you have only one cat, you can serve half, stick in the refrigerator and serve the other half later. You should leave the refrigerated half sitting out for a few minutes to get to room temperature before feeding, although some cats seem to prefer the chilled canned food than "fresh from the can" food.

Another advantage is that Friskies canned food comes in dozens of flavors and textures. Somewhere in that pack is something to please your cat at least for a few days.

Disadvantages

One of the main disadvantages of Friskies canned food is that your cat usually prefers the flavors that are the hardest to find. Although the Friskies brand is easy to find finding a particular flavor can be difficult.

Some people also don't like the look or smell of Friskies canned food as opposed to cat food that looks more like people food. Most high-end cat food is made to appeal to cat owners and not cats. Usually, cats like strong-smelling food.

Another disadvantage is that Friskies canned food (as well as many mainstream grocery store brand cat food) has come under fire for not being premium food. It's thought by some cat owners that Friskies is the feline equivalent of McDonald's. It is very rich food and some cats find it hard to digest. This can really attract your dog to your cat's litter box, because the nutrients are still in the "kitty pate"

Here kitty, kitty - time for dinner!

I buy cases of this food for my 13 cats (8 indoor and 5 semi-feral) and they eat almost every morsel of it.  They don't like the kind that looks like it has been through a blender, they like the shredded and prime filet brand.  The last 2 are also easier to get out of the can and spread on the plate.  The blended kind has to be chopped up so the cats can pick it up.  My cats like the turkey and chicken flavors best.

lots of varities

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

When looking for a wet food for my cats, I chose Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food. Purina has been in the pet food business for over 80 years, they have a strong reputation and my cats love their other Purina food. I love the choices, the flavors and styles available. They have pate, which my cats do not prefer, the pate is a thicker variety. They also have flaked, bits and shredded. These are my cats' favorites. The shreds are real meat with added vitamins and a gravy my cats love! The gravy is the first part they eat, they lick and lick until just the shredded meat is left, then they eat the meat. I like that Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food are fortified with vitamins that are important for my cat's well-being. I add Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food as a treat for my cats, they love it, I love the nutrition and the affordable price.

Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food pleases my cat's palate.

from Canton, OH

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food always remain on top of my cat's list of favorite canned food. I have bought many different brands and flavors of wet cat food. But Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food is always a favorite. They actually enjoy it more than a lot of more expensive brands. I tried to surprise them with a can of more expensive food for each of them for their holiday meal and they turned their noses up to the expensive food and I had to give them their canned Friskies instead. It is always in my pantry for my cats and it's always the food that I start my foster kittens on when it comes time for them to eat solid foods. They tend to take to it very well and become eager eaters.

Quality of Ingredients
Friskies in general have high quality ingredients. They aren't the highest quality on the market. But it's a good qualityl

Flavor Selection
Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food has a food array of flavors and textures to choose from.

• Flavor Selection:

the name tells you it is for healthy happy cats

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

I have 2 cats, aged 9 and 10 and have fed them this food for years. They have grown up to be to healthy, and well cared for animals. They are fed twice a day along with a dry cat food and continue to thrive. They are still mischivious even at their age and I attribute that to their diet which keeps them regular and on schedule. Our cats are huge part of our family and feeding them correctly is hugely important.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients are healthy and good for the cat. We have had them since they were kittens and it is obvious that the quality of the ingredients keeps them healthy. With the many variety of flavors all of the ingredients are equally good. It is a matter of what your cat(s) like and sticking with it.

Flavor Selection
You can get this cat food in a variety of a flavors. We prefer the turkey and cheese and the price is so reasonable you can stock up. If the store does have a sale, it is hard to know because it so cheap already.

• Flavor Selection:

Pop a top, and watch them run!

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

I can't give Purina Friskies Canned cat food anything but a 10. My cats love it. I pop a top and every cat in the house comes running. I have cats from 5 mo old kittens to my dearly, recently laid to rest, 15 year old that have lived their lives on Friskies canned food. For most of Cali's life, she loved the basic Tuna Pate, but as she got older and had to have 12 teeth pulled, I changed her to the more juicy varieties that had gravy in them so she didn't have to chew as much. Towards the end, as she developed liver failure, the gravy varieties were the only thing I could get down her. I feed all my rescues a can of Friskies once a week as a treat and to fulfill that wet meat taste they all crave. I don't give them wet food daily because they do get quite over weight with it and it does affect their teeth as they get older. I buy the 15 oz size cans when I can find them and wish that Purina would go back to making the larger yet sized cans that they made years ago. Not many stores carry the 15 oz can either so sometimes I have to buy the 5 oz instead. I have 30 rescues so that's a lot of cans of food. Would be nice if Purina would consider all it's consumers needs. There are a lot of us out here that do rescues!

Flavor Selection
Friskies canned food comes in almost any flavor variety you or your cat could ask for. Mine prefer the seafood pate's the best, but seem to crave any flavor I buy for them.

One of my Faves & Ms. Kitty's too

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

This moist cat food has Ms. Kitty begging for it before I can get it out of the can. I do not feed it to her with every meal, but it is something diffrent that I mix with her dry food a couple of times per week. Feeding it any more and kitty seems to have an upset stomach.

The price of this cat food is what keeps me going back. It is one of the most affordable on the market, at about 75 cents per can. I hate the price that some of the moist foods cost, when at the end of the day most of it is one in the same.

Flavor selection is amazing. your cat will never tire of the exceptional flavors offered. As for Ms. Kitty,Ocean Whitefish is one of her favorites, and she also really chows down on the Classic Seafood. Of course, she likes them all!

I trust Purina and the Friskies name to give my cat the nutrition that she needs as well as the flavors that she wants.

Flavor Selection
The Seafood varieties really score well with my cat but there is a ton of different flavors to choose from.

Cats love it!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

I have 4 cats and only 2 of them enjoy this brand of cat food, over the other Friskies brand. My cats tend to be very picky eaters and will only eat certain brands and flavors of cat foods. I like this brand because it seems to agree with them more than any other brand I have tried over the years. I think maybe the different flavors are enticing to them. I love the brand and I love what it stands for. They offer a wide variety of tastes and varieties that also help with any conditions your cats may be experiencing.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients involved in this product is superb. You can actually see what vegetables and meats are used in the processing of this product. All the ingredients in the can are high quality and beneficial to cats.

Flavor Selection
I am giving this product a solid 10 because of all the flavors this brand carries. They have flavors that will suit any cats taste bud.

Awesome value!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

I purchased this for my senior cats who were overweight because of too much dry food in their diet. I was shocked at their weight loss after eating more wet food versus dry. The Friskies canned food had many different varieties and flavors that kept my cats interested. They loved the flavor and would go crazy at the very sight of the cans. Friskies has many different cuts too such as shreds, chunks, and pate. The pate was great for my senior cat who has a broken tooth. It is very soft and he was able to eat it without too much effort. Another good thing about Friskies is that you get way more food for a cheaper price than most canned food. At only about 46 cents a can, this food is a bargain. The can also contains more food than the average canned cat food. Overall I would recommend this to anyone with a sweet feline friend. I would definitely recommend it to someone who overfeed their cat with dry food and needs to help their cat lose weight. It worked for us!

Tons of flavors!

taste my cats love

from Slickville, PA

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

my cats love the shreds. It's the only canned food they will eat.
Not so fond of the pate, but then they just don't seem to like any pate foods

Flavor Selection
I don't buy the boxed selections because the cats get tired of the same 3 flavors all the time. I prefer to buy by the can....there is such a large selection of non-pate that my cats get a nice variety...can have a different one each day.
I like this because I wouldn't want to eat the same thing every day, I don't want to feed my cats this way either.

• Flavor Selection:

Great treat for my kitty

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

My cat loves turkey and cheese friskies canned food. She loves cheese and instead of giving her human food as a treat I feel better about giving her friskies. When Bella was four weeks old her momma quit feeding her and her siblings. Bella was still too young to eat dry food so I Fed her small amounts of friskies wet food. Her favorite has always been the turkey and cheese. Friskies does offer a variety of flavors as well as textures. This helped when trying to feed my small kitten. Bella is now a happy healthy five year old lynx point siamese. Her veterinarian is very pleased with her health considering she started out very small. I am so glad friskies was a product I could trust with my precious tiny baby. I still trust friskies today with my precious big baby. I recommend friskies to anyone who has a kitten or an adult cat for their pets nutritional needs.

Flavor Selection
They offer a variety of flavors in a variety of textures.

My at LOVES this food!

Comments about Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food:

Overall I rated this cat food a 9. My cat loves this food. She knows when it's breakfast and dinner time and sits on her shelf and screams until I go get her food. She is just a little thing, 10 lbs. I give her a half a can in the morning and a half a can in the afternoon. My only complaint would be that it makes her poops REEK. I'm not kidding, just is makes stink bombs that can chase even the dog out of the room.

This food comes in different kinds, pate, and shreds. I prefer the pate because I think that you end up with more filling nutritional stuff where the shred has less of the bulk and more of the liquid that wouldn't be as filling.

Quality of Ingredients
I would assume the quality of the ingredients is good. My cat maintains a healthy weight. Every time I take her to the vet she comes back with a clean bill of health.

Flavor Selection
The flavor selections are awesome! There are so many! My little one loves meat, so she goes NUTS for the turkey and chicken flavored ones. Don't get me wrong, she loves the seafood/fish flavors too, but the meat ones get her really excited.