Other Cat Foods:
A-6676
Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food

Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food

• Flavor Selection:

Cat's favorite wet food.....

Fancy Feast is the only wet food my cat eats.  I enjoy the variety of food I can buy for her and I try to feed her a different flavor each week.  Fancy Feast offers different types of food textures.  My cat doesn't like the 'sliced' type.  I have to get her the 'gourmet', 'chunky' or 'roasted'.  If you're wondering what these look like, you can check the website and see the pictures.  She's sooooo finicky and the food texture matters to her.

Depending on where you go, the cans can be overpriced but I try to catch a sale and stock up.

Mom, there's green stuff in my food...

I received a coupon for a free can of this food.  My cat loves Fancy Feast cat food, and I love the small cans.  I didn't think it would be a big deal if the ingredients were changed a little.

When I fed this to my cat (only half of the can), she kind of looked at me funny at first, then ate it.  (I think it was because she knew she wouldn't get a different kind.)  She proceeded to eat AROUND the green chunks, I assume are some sort of green vegetable.  And since she only gets the canned food at night, I'm sure she didn't want her "bedtime snack" to be the same old dry food she always gets.

The next night when I fed her the remaining half of the can, she did the same exact thing.  The only thing left on the plate were little green leaves.

My cat isn't normally a picky eater, so I was surprised she did this.  I'm not sure if other cats will feel the same way, or if mine just doesn't like veggies.  She did eat the rest of the meal though, so it didn't totally go to waste.

This is the only canned cat food my cats LOVE!!

from Winter Garden,FL

Pros

• Tasty

• My cats love it!

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

I have two finicky cats.This brand is the only brand they will eat

My cats favorite food.

from Stroudsburg, PA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
    • Good Taste
    • Good Value
    • Likes It

Cons

• None

• Active Cats
    • Everyday
    • Indoor Cats
    • Kittens
    • Older Cats

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

Fancy Feast is the only canned food that my cat will eat, I've tried several other ones, but this is her favorite. She absolutely loves all the flavors they have to offer, especially the gravy lovers. Her favorites are the turkey feast, and the salmon feast flavors. The great thing about Fancy Feast is that they are affordable to buy, and feed to my cat on a daily basis without breaking the bank. The ingredients in this cat food aren't bad, and they haven't caused any problems for my cat. My cat does have dandruff but I think that's caused by dry skin, not from her food. Otherwise she's completely healthy and happy. My cat meows and cries for me to feed her in the morning, and she looks forward to eating it everyday. She eats a whole can by herself. I even got my mom to start feeding it to her cats, because she saw how much my cat liked the food. They love it as well, and are always fighting over it. Fancy Feast is about 55 cents a can, but it's always on sale, so I don't mind spending the money on it. It's completely worth it to see my cat happy everyday.

Fancy Feast Gourmet Cat Food

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

This cat food is very good. It offers variety and seems very healthy for my two cats. I rated it an 8 only because the cats are finnicky (sp?) but I truly believe it is one of the best cat foods out there. For the most part, my cats always eat it.

Quality of Ingredients
    From what I can see when I open the cans of Fancy Feast, the food looks fresh, moist, ingredients look to true to form (i.e., fish, tuna, etc.) and not mealy or grainy or with fillers. While I can't be 100% sure about all ingredients in the cans, I am confident that it is healthy for my cats. They don't throw it up, as they have other less expensive brands, so I am confident that the quality of ingredients are good for them.

Flavor Selection
    Great selection of food for the cats. I buy just about every flavor offered except for the ones I just "know" they don't like. One of my cats is more finnicky than the other, but, hey, they just have to eat what I put before them. It's "this or nothing" (as my mother would have said) so naturally, we ate it (whatever she cooked for supper)!!

Purina Fancy Feast Gormet Canned Cat Food

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

I buy this as a treat for my three guys. It's not cheap and it's not too expensive. It runs about sixty cents a can and the cans are somewhat smaller than a normal sized canned food. They like this because or the variety of flavors and the fact it seems to be a higher quality than the average canned food. It's pretty rich food so they don't get a lot of it or get it everyday.

Quality of Ingredients
    I believe the ingredients are somewhat better than the average canned food. Most of your middle of the road canned foods have lot's of fillers which won't hurt the cat but more meat is better. This cat food has more meat and less fillers plus they like it a whole lot more.

Flavor Selection
    There is a very good flavor selection from trout and salmon to chicken and turkey. I would not advise giving this to kittens or very young cats as it's very rich and can cause issues. I found this out years ago when my ten year old male was a kitten. Not a good idea.

Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet canned cat food

Profile Image

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

So the gourmet line of fancy feast offers more variety, that is the only difference I can really tell from other brands of wet cat food. They have flavors in gravy, without gravy, chunks, grilled, sliced, minced, roasted, flaked, and I am sure some others I missed. They offer normal meat and fish flavors then they have some with cheese which I do not get since I do not think that is good for a cat. My cat seems to really like this food, he tries eating it out of the can while I am scooping it into his bowl. I get him the classic or roasted as he is still small and it seems easier for him to eat these varieties.

Quality of Ingredients
    Appears to be very high quality of ingredients, has a normal meat smell. Does not smell off like some brands can, gravy is usually not too gelled up and is a good color.

Flavor Selection
    They offer the usual flavors of beef, turkey, chicken, and of course seafood. They also have some fancy ones that have cheddar cheese in it. I stick to the plain ones so my cats stomach does not get upset.

Cat Loves It - But Only When It's First Opened

from Mountainside, NJ

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

My 21-year old cat is very particular about what he eats. I buy the Classic version of this food, because it's the variety that is in a paste format. The others are chunks with sauce, and he just licks the sauce and leaves the meat. I give him a teaspoon of the food in the morning with his medicine. After he finishes that, I'll give him a teaspoon mixed with tuna fish. He likes the food, but he likes tuna better and the most important thing is for him to eat. He's 21, so he gets whatever he wants.

Flavor Selection
    My cat prefers the fishy flavors: tuna, salmon, whitefish, shrimp

great taste

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

My cat is on a restricted prescription renal diet and so not much of the food that I can offer her is at all tasty. When I want to give her a special treat off of the diet, I give her Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Cat Food. She absolutely loves the taste, and her vet indicates that the infrequent treat is not likely a problem.

Relative to texture, she can be a finicky eater. But the Fancy Feast brand has choices amongst pates, sliced, in gravy, and others. This permits giving her a treat that has variety.

I realize that since she is over twenty five years old, the years she may have ahead are limited, particularly with her many ailments. Therefore, I am appreciative that there is a flavorful option that she can occasionally have that she really enjoys. I hope that when I'm over one hundred years old, as surely she is in cat years, that I can occasionally have the equivalent of this cat food product which in my case will be French vanilla ice cream!

Real Meat

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

We recently adopted our first family pet, a beautiful calico cat that we named Shelby. Shelby came to us as a stray cat, so we were uncertain of her usual eating habits, from her skinny little body, she had not been eating very well. When we went to purchase her food, the cans were very similar, but the reason I chose Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food was the real meat. After reading labels, I was shocked to see many did not contain real meat, however, on the Fancy Feast, meat was the number 1 ingredient. I can see real meat, the chicken and turkey chunks, see the real gravy and Shelby loves this food! She licks the bowl clean each morning, showing her approval of Fancy Feast also. I love the different variety selections, Shelby especially seems to like the gravy lovers, she licks and licks the bowl, even after she is finished. I love bringing her happiness with her food, for all the happiness she has brought our family!

• Flavor Selection:

My cats weren't completely interested in this cat food

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

I had already tried feeding my cats the Fancy Feast brand I was skeptical of them liking this different range since they were never interested in the expensive product to begin with. My cats are quite fussy and like to pick and choose what they think are worthy to be eaten and this Fancy Feast didn't seem to interest all of them. One of my cats actually ate it all by himself so what I can say about this brand is that this cat can food was appetizing for my cat and that my cat liked only the chicken flavours and wet textures in the Purina Fancy Feast canned food. I know the Fancy Feast brand is an expensive item to buy, so in my opinion I am just going to stick to the regular cat food. The Fancy Feast is a high quality cat food, to me the Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food appeared fresh, appetizing enough for most cats, comes in a range of flavours to suit your cats needs and variety for cat diets and Fancy Feast is sold in most local grocery stores. Top quality brand but my cats just weren't interested.

• Flavor Selection:

Give your cat the royal treatment at mealtime with Fancy Feast!

from Flint, MI

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Canned Cat Food:

I have three mixed breed cats that seem to have an infinite apetite. One thing that I love about Purina's Fancy Feast wet canned cat food is that it is perfectly portioned to fill up each of my three cats per can and it seems to be a very tasty product as all three hastily gobble up all traces of the food. Often times Fancy Feast is on sale, and almost always there are coupons for it in your local paper that can be used at popular grocery stores like Kroger. So whether you have 1 or 10 cats, it's very affordable to give them the best with fancy feast.

Quality of Ingredients
    When I open up a can of Fancy Feast the first thing I notice every time is that it's real hunks of meat that look like something I would serve at my dinnertable. So if it looks like food to me I feel more confident feeding it to my cat because I know what's in it.

Flavor Selection
    No matter how fussy a cat you have you can expect to find several flavors of Fancy Feast that will tickle his tastebuds over and over again. From grilled chicken to shrimp and beyond the varities are seemingly endless.