Other Cat Foods:
Purina
Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food

Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food

Pros

• Likes it (4)

• Special meals (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (4)

A yummy review from Scrappy Louise

Hi peeps, Scrappy Louise here, coming to you from Mom's computer chair and I just wanted to tell you about **Fancy Feast Melodey's Tuscany** wet cat food.  Now I don't get this as a regular food, but when it's din din time Mom gives me a teaspoon on a china plate (OK, I am a tad spoiled) so I can have dinner with them and leave Dad's plate alone. It's healthy, not to mention tasty...I love gooooooooood taste.

The Tuscany flavors are new for Fancy Feast and all I can see if Bravo, four paws up...I leave my plate clean every time I get this. I love each and everyone of the Tuscany flavors.

There are three flavors in the Tuscany selection: White meat Tuscany flavor in a great tasting sauce and long grain rice and garden greens (yes, I am a good girl and I eat my greens). The next is Tender turkey flavor with all the same goodies as the chicken and last but not least Yellow-fin tuna Tuscany (I am not a big tuna cat, but this stuff is so great...furry lip smacking good. Again comes in the sooooooooooo good sauce, long grain rice and garden greens. Mom even tried it and for some reason said "EEEEK that was kitty food and hmmmm not to bad".

Mom found the new Tuscany flavors at Petsmart (my favorite store).

If you have a cute little fur ball like me that has good taste they will love the Fancy Feast Melodey's Tuscany selection.  Each and everyone is so good and will leave their plate clean like I do.

OK,  Mom wants her chair back so I am off to go nap in the sun.

Hmmm....cats eating human food, what a concept!

The slogan for **Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys **is: "Restaurant inspired food for cats".  When you see all the flavor combinations like: White Meat Chicken with Long Grain Rice and Garden Greens or White Meat Chicken w/Cheddar Cheese Souffle with Garden Greens, it makes you think - why am I buying over-priced human food for my cat?

I do buy my cat canned cat food, usually varieties that are all meat, but I had a coupon for two free cans of **Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys **with the purchase of a bag of Fancy Feast dry cat food, so I couldn't pass them up.  I was standing in the pet aisle for quite awhile trying to figure out which of these concoctions my cat would like.  These cans are more expensive than other canned cat foods, and like most Fancy Feast cans, smaller too.

Although my cat liked this food just fine, I just don't see the point in buying more expensive cat food because it contains human food.  It's not like extraneous ingredients like long grain rice and garden greens were *ever *a part of a wild cats diet.  If I wanted my cat to eat garden greens, I would add my leftovers to her food.  This product idea must be targeted to appeal to the cat *owners*, not to the cat's dietary preference.

Yes, my cat ate it and probably liked it, but I just can't bring myself to buy over-priced cat food that is filled with non-meat ingredients.  No, there's nothing technically *wrong* with this product, but I wouldn't buy it or recommend it.

Happy Cat

from Maine

• Older Cats

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

Just got your sample in the mail today.. My 14 year old cat devoured it so fast!!

They loved it!! MEEOW

from Fort white fl

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Taste
      • Good Value
      • Likes It

• Everyday

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

Cats really seemed to enjoy it.

I will continue buying Fancy Feast Medleys

from Denver Colorado

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Taste
        • Good Value
        • Likes It

• Everyday
          • Indoor Cats

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

I got a free sample of Fancy Feast Medleys. My cat Izzy loves it!

My Lucibelle loved the white meat chicken primavera pate!

from Johnson City, NY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Likes It

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

She liked it so much that I plan to buy it for special occasions.

I am buying this

from Kansas City. Mo

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Likes It

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Indoor Cats
          • Older Cats

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

She likes this better than the gravy 20 centsa version. I don't like that it's 20 cents more than the gravy version

Purina Elegant Medleys

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

This canned wet cat food by Purina is really fancy! It not only has shreds of meat and fish but it contains vegetables, rice, and greens. They are a complete meal in one little can. They have turkey, chicken, and a tuna and shrimp combination. Each one has flaky shreds of meat and fish with the vegetables in a sauce. It almost looks like a stew or casserole that I would make in my crock pot. My cat just loves these and gets them once or twice a week as a little treat. They smell pretty good for cat food and appear to be high quality.

Quality of Ingredients
          There are nice pieces of meat or fish and little pieces of either vegetables or rice in each can. They look like real food, not processed junk so good quality of ingredients used.

Flavor Selection
          They offer several turkey options, some with vegetables and garden greens, one with just the garden greens. They also have a chicken and vegetable and a tuna with rice that also has shrimp in it. The flavor combinations are unlike any I have ever seen so they offer something different which I like.

A truly elegant surprise

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

My little cat angel truly likes the Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys variety of cat food. And then, what's not to like. They are enticingly flavorful, based on smell. They are sliced in a manner that appeals to her, despite her usual love of pates. And, they have a nice gravy delicate sauce or savory broth, depending on the variety chosen.

My cat, in particular, likes the savory broth varieties of the Elegant Medleys including the salmon and chicken. When she is feeling like she does not want to eat, these are my two go to cans to get her back on track in eating.

Likewise the white meat turkey and the chicken, both in delicate sauce, are also favorites. The only downside I see to these products is that they are a bit pricey and I have found it difficult to find coupons for this variety of Fancy Feast products. But, then again, who can put a price on love; and I believe serving these to my cat shows her how much I love her.

A Wet Cat Food My Picky Cats Will Eat

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys is one of the few wet cat foods that my cats will eat. It contains shredded meat in a light sauce. This food is available in five formulations or sauces. It comes in white meat chicken, turkey, salmon and tuna varieties.

Quality of Ingredients
          The ingredient list is OK, but not great. Looking at the ingredient list for the White Meat Chicken Florentine, the first ingredients are poultry broth then chicken. Next is wheat gluten, (is this really necessary?), then liver followed by meat by-products; a very undesirable ingredient. There are also natural and artificial flavors, and a host of added vitamins and minerals. It meets the nutritional guidelines of the AAFCO. However, Fancy Feast calls this food a "Gourmet Cat Food." I would expect gourmet food to be 100% wholesome and natural. It is manufactured by Nestle Purina in the U.S.A. I would rate this a 10 if Fancy Feast would reformulate the ingredients and join the grain free, no by-product, high quality, cat food movement.

Flavor Selection
          There are different formulations of this food using different sauces and the same basic meats. My cats prefer the White Meat Chicken Florentine but will also eat the White Meat Chicken Primavera. This is one of the most creative flavor recipes on the market, but I wish the ingredients were all high quality.

Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys cat food by is delicious

from Berwyn, Illiniois 60402

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys is like a gourmet meal prepared for my cats. It has become one of their favorite meals. They love greens, especially fresh spinach, and this provides greens, along with premium fish or poultry and a tasty gravy. They get very excited when I open one of these cans. They never leave a bit of this healthy and nutritious treat. I have not actually tasted this product, of course, but my cats really respond to it, and knock the cans down from the shelf to try to get me to open a can for them. It is a sure sign that they love it. I love the ingredients, such as garden greens and spinach. This makes me feel good about feeding it to my cats.

Quality of Ingredients
          This product contains good protein consisting of white meat poultry or seafood, fresh greens

Flavor Selection
          The flavors sound good enough to eat!

My pickey cats favorite

Comments about Purina Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys Cat Food:

My cat is a very pickey eater,but when I buy this food, she will eat it every time. The price is reasonable and my cat will eat it, so I am happy. There is also a good varieties to choose from too. The food also doesn't have a strong smell like some of the other foods. It has quality ingredients.