4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

one of the better quality grocery dry cat foods

This is a really good, if not one of the better dry cat foods found in grocery stores. One of the main reasons for this is the protein content is very high (about 35-38%) which is even higher than some of the Purina One varieties found in the grocery store. Another positive factor is the fact this food has no artificial additives, colorings etc which is great especially if you plan to feed this to your cat for life. also the price of Purina Cat Chow Naturals is bearable It is less expensive than Purina One and Iams considering the high protein content.

I only have few negatives to mention for this brand. There are obviously better cat foods out there but you have to go to the speciality store to get them. If you read certain cat forums online, they will mentions those specific brands. These cat lovers will even go so far to say 'no dry cat food' for your cat and most have a preference for fresh raw meat diet. Anyway, this is a little over beyond the scope of this review, but in light of giving your cat something healthy and something close to what he would eat 'naturally'--namely high protein diet--this Purina Naturals is a good brand to start. My late 18 year old Siamese mixed boy loved this and so does my finickier 2.5 year old Snowshoe too. Definitely a good brand to try!

Not my Favorite

We try to feed our cats better food, not for health issues, but for our sanity. We have two cats and that adds up to a lot of poop! We have found that some foods don't have the same effect on the litter box as others. We have tried cheap food and ended up with a lot of poop and a lot of stink. We have aslo tried a more natural diet of raw meat for our cat, but having young children and cats liking to carry their food around the house does not mix. We decided to go with the best for our budget and lifestyle and for now that is By Nature. When I saw Purina Naturals I thought wow this would be cheaper and it is similar, but not so. We tried it with not so sweet smelling results. Although our cats liked it, they also ate more of it which would probably explain the more stink and mess that I had to scoop. Anyway that is my take on this food. I do think that the marketing is a little misleading, but that seems to be the case with most products these days. I would say do your own testing with your cats and find out what works best for you and your cat/cats. Cats are different so the results may vary.

Purina natural dry cat food

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

Obviously I have never tasted this cat food, but seeing how my cat reacts to it I can only guess it is very good! He actually meows at the pantry when his bowl gets low and purrs around my ankles while I am filling up his bowl! I love that the food is natural, cats are born meat eaters they do not need all that junk that comes in other foods. I also love that it has the added vitamins and minerals to keep him healthy. This food also claims to control hairballs. My cat has not had any hairballs in a while so this food definitely does as it says. We just started him on this food based on a recommendation a few months ago and so far it seems to be his favorite dry food. It is a good price and seems to be available at most stores, hopefully they continue to make it!

Quality of Ingredients
Ingredients appear to be very high quality. The food smells fresh and it crunches when my cat eats indicating that it is not stale.

My cat loves it

from Houston, TX

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

About 6 months ago, I decided I should switch my cat's dry food to a more nutritious variety. I started my experimenting with some of the more expensive national brands, but quickly found out my car "Squeakers" was not going to have anything to do with them. So I looked to Purina to find a better nutritious line. I selected Purina Naturals after reading the label for its content. No problem, Squeakers ate it up and right away, with no hesitation. I was relieved, because I believed I was now feeding him a much more healthy blend of dry food. My second cat "Tabby" will pretty much eat whatever I give her and she did. I wasn't going to caught in a trap of buying and feeding my two cats two different brands or blends of dry cat food.
I buy the 18 pound bag or larger when I purchase their foods. I also joined Purina perks to receive points for my purchases. It's always fun earning rewards for purchases I know I'm going to be making on a regular basis.

Purina Cat Chow Naturals Plus Vitamins & Minerals

from Highland, CA

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

Purina Naturals manufactured by: Nestle Purina Petcare Company, St. Louis, Mo, USA
I started feeding my 4 cats Purina Cat Chow Naturals about a month ago. I like that Purina made this cat food without the dyes and there are no added artificial flavors or preservatives and provides all 25 essential vitamins & minerals. Chicken meal is the first ingredient listed. Salmon is also listed. My cats got used to this food rather quickly. I feel good about feeding Purina Naturals to my cats. I save money when I purchase the 13 lb. bag. My cats seem to really like Purina Naturals.

And the winner is....

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

Since adopting our cat a little more than 5 years ago, I had never found a dry food that he would seem to enjoy until bring home Purina Naturals Dry Cat Food. This food not only appeals to his taste but also seems to be easier on his digestive system. Other foods that I have tried with different colored pieces seemed to come up more often and if that wasn't bad enough the coloring stained my carpets. Since I started feeding this food to him, his stomach seems to keep it down much better and if it does happen to come up the naturals doesn't have the coloring so it doesn't stain my carpet.

Quality of Ingredients
I am not a veterinarian nor a chemist, but I have been feeding my cat this brand of dry food and he has remained healthy and with some control over the amount he is fed, he remains at a healthy weight.

Flavor Selection
The flavor of this food must be appetizing....it is eaten every day with no fuss or turned up nose!

• Flavor Selection:

Kitty likes it! She really, really likes it!

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

I switched to Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food recently under duress. My cat was previously eating Science Diet Adult Indoor Dry Cat food and we loved it; she loved the taste and I felt it was keeping her healthy. However, Science Diet changed to a "new and improved" formula (HA!) and my cat refused to eat it. She was getting really thin and I was desperate for something that she would like.

My parents give their cats Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat food and said their cats adore it, so I brought some of theirs home. As soon as I opened the baggie, my cat came running over meowing at the top of her lungs. I put down a few grains of food and she ate them right away and meowed for more. I knew then and there that I must start using this food. She's been eating it consistently and seems quite happy and healthy. Health-wise, I have noticed absolutely no difference between her health now with Purina versus her health when eating the previous food.

Quality of Ingredients
I was hesitant to give my cat grocery store food, since I had always given her premium pet-store food in the past. However, I compared the ingredients in Purina Cat Chow Naturals to the premium food that she used to love and they were actually very similar. Still, some small part of me is worried that the ingredients are somehow lower quality than the more expensive food.

Flavor Selection
Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food only comes in one flavor. Fortunately, it is a flavor that my cat loves!

• Flavor Selection:

Decent as far as cat food goes.

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

Like I said in the title Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food is decent. My cats ate it just fine. They didn't find it very filling though. They had to eat about 1/3 more of what they usually eat. So the bag didn't last as long. Which was okay because they weren't crazy about the flavor. I did like the bag it came in though. I reused it a couple of times. The final use of the bag I used it to dispose of kitty litter.

Quality of Ingredients
I gave the quality of ingredients a nine because as far as major brands go Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food does a good job. No ash or fillers as far as I can tell. An almost no grains. I think technically corn is a grain, it's not the most offensive of grains. Grains are bad for cats and dogs. and humans for that matter.

Flavor Selection
Not impressed with the flavor selection, so I gave it a six. I think they only have the one flavor. I only bought the stuff once. I don't like it when a brand comes out with a whole bunch of flavors but just one seems too limited. If I'm wrong, then whoops. But like I said I only bought it the once. I might buy it again if my choices were limited to this and another major brand the shall remain meowless.

My cat loves this

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

My cat seems to love this cat food and gobbles it right up. I had not tried many brands before this, but I tend to buy products that are more natural as opposed to foods with preservatives, and in this case byproducts. I also love that this cat food is not crazy expensive like other natural products and is within my budget. Comes in a variety of sizes which is great. I like to buy the smaller packages when I know we will be traveling but stick with the bigger ones (for better value) for at home.

Quality of Ingredients
It is natural, so the ingredients are far better than some other brands of animal food. I have not looked extensively at the list but I am sure it could contain more natural ingredients.

Flavor Selection
As far as I know, there is only one flavor of this. But, my cat seems to enjoy it regardless, so that does not matter too much to me. However, I probably would try some different flavors if they were available for purchase.

• Flavor Selection:

My pickiest cat likes this

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

This is a high quality food that all my cats like very much, and my pickiest cat likes a lot. When I open the bag to put some in the feeder, the cats come running. I also notice that the ones with sensitive stomachs do not vomit as much when they eat this more than if they eat their regular food. This costs a little more than the usual food I give the cats, but it´s worth it if the cats all eat it and they get sick less often.

Quality of Ingredients
It must be better quality than my usual food because it costs a little more, plus when I put it out, there is more enthusiasm among the group as they eat it. They bump heads to get their turns to eat some. Also, my pickiest cat likes it exclusively, and has at times not let me feed her food at all. I believe the quality is also good enough for kittens because I raised very young cats and an expectant mother cat on this food and they all turned out healthy and strong.

Flavor Selection
It doesn´t come in different flavors, but since my pickiest cat likes it very much, that isn´t all that important.

My cat loves this.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

In conjunction with my cat's favorite wet food Fancy Fest, this is the only dry food I can get her to eat. Like I said in my other review, she's extremely picky and will stick her little nose up at any food she doesn't like.She's an indoor princess. She loves this dry food so much that I catch her sneaking it and eating it behind my back. Especially at night time, I always hear her crunching and having a late night snack. She would eat this all day long if I gave her the chance to. It must taste good, because she can't get enough of it.

Quality of Ingredients
It has natural ingredients like it claims. It includes much needed proteins and vitamins to keep a cat healthy. I'm surprised it has an ingredient like biotin, I have noticed her fur looking healthier (and longer), and she has a lot less dandruff than she used to. I can't complain about the ingredients because I'm not the one eating it, my cats really healthy so it must be doing something right.

Flavor Selection
There's only one flavor. I'm not going to try it to tell you, but my cat loves it so it must taste really good.

• Flavor Selection:

Better than meow mix, for my kitty

Comments about Purina Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food:

My poor kitty cat had problems digesting the meow mix dry cat food so we had to do something about it. We saw this brand of dry cat food at walmart when we were shopping one day and we decided to make the switch. My kitty was showing signs of relief within a day of switching his cat chow to this brand. He was not throwing up anymore, his stool became regular and he didn't look bloated either. This is a quality brand and it is natural so that is a plus. My cat doesn't have problems with this new cat food at all, and I'm glad we switched over.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients are all natural, which is what my cat needs since he has tummy issues.

Flavor Selection
I'm not sure if they sell other flavors of this particular brand of food but the flavor that my cat gets is the only flavor that my local walmart sells. There have been no complaints from him about the flavor, he will chow down on a whole bowl of it. I would like to see different flavors, whether it be that the company has to make it, or that the store I shop at has to carry it.